PDA

View Full Version : Homer has been adopted

jenluckenbach
08-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I just thought I would let you all know that my black Persian foster, Homer, has been adopted by a lovely retired couple. :) He will not only be pampered, spoiled, and loved, he'll have a summer home here in PA and a winter home is sunny Arizona!!! What a life! I am so happy for him and for his new purrents.

catmandu
08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
And yet another reason Jen that you are Our Hero and a Legend on Pet Talk.
Theres another Gold Star by your name in the Pet Guardian Hall Of Fame and you truly have done so much to help the helpless. May Our Good Lord Bless and Keep You , Charles , Your Cats and Fosters.

jenluckenbach
08-05-2007, 02:18 PM
This is their email update after they returned home with their new baby.

"Hi, Jen!

We made in home in great shape. I could not tolerate Homer/Midi,2 riding in his
kitty carrier by himself, so I sat in the backseat with him on my lap. He was not
at all frightened (tolerated the car motion well).
Right now he's under my desk looking at me - I've put his litter box, water, hard
food, and a plethora of toys here in my den for it is the quietest room in the house,
one which we can close off so he becomes acclimated to our particular odors and
voices without becoming daunted by large spaces, etc.

We'll call Toby in the morning to make an appointment for an evaluation for him.

We cannot adequately thank you for all you have done for the three of us ... you
promt and friendly responses to our emails, going way out of your way to meet us in
the Petsmart on Sunday morning (!) and introducing us to this gorgeous little boy!
My twin and her husband are excited for the three of us, and all's right with the
world!!!! Thank you, Jen!! You are very very special!"

Midnight (Midi,1) was the cat they "had to say goodbye to" in January. A cat who was taken from a shelter with much the same story as Homer (left to die by his owners not willing to care for his urinary tract problems). And a black Persian, too. This was truly a match made in heaven. :)

Grace
08-05-2007, 02:37 PM
What a wonderful life Homer has ahead of him. Thanks, Jen, for helping him find his forever home.

Laura's Babies
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Isn't it amazing that they seem to always find where they belong in life? This match was meant to be. I just hate that we won't get to see that handsome guy anymore... unless they send you pictures...

GREAT JOB!

jazzcat
08-05-2007, 02:40 PM
It does sound like the perfect match and what a wonderful home for Homer - travel, sightseeing and never too cold.

doolittleky
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Homer is a beauty and how lucky he is to mind his perfect parents to love him the way God intended him to be loved! Great job Jen!!!!!
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
08-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Jen, This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad that Homer found such a wonderful loving and caring new forever home. He's going to be spoiled rotten as he should be.:) Once again you've done an excellent job.:)

orangemm
08-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Wow, LES here. What wonderful news for Homer!!! And, kudos to you, Jen. You are a miracle worker!

Homer's new purrents sound wonderful!! Wasn't that sweet, his new meowmie holding him in her lap on the way home?

What a very special day for everyone!

NoahsMommy
08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh Jen,

You are wonderful....you make us so proud...us, the ones who desperately FAIL at fostering. You who keep on opening your heart and your home to these angel babies (and not so baby) so that they can go onto their forever homes. You are so amazing to me. Thank you so much for what you and Charlie do.

I LOVE seeing these threads from you. They are my favorite in all the world. It means there is justice for these unwanted (yet!) babies, there are more kindhearted PTers (not signed up yet!) out there. What you do matters SO greatly to so many kitties and is so wonderful to so many people.

Thank you for what you do....thank you for sweet Homer and his new furrever home - which sounds sooooooo purrfect for him, yay!!!! :) :) :)

Hugs,
Kelly :D

kb2yjx
08-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Jen!!! That is a wonderful note and kinda makes you feel that it really is worthwhile all that you do!! Saint Francis IS smiling broadly right now!!!

Catty1
08-05-2007, 06:23 PM
That could not be a more perfect situation! It's like Midi 1 sent Homer to them. ;)

Ya gotta wonder!

Jen - so much good news lately, with Mr Meow and now Homer! Are you handling it all okay? :D

K & L
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Ahhh the rewards of fostering. :) I figured this black beauty would go quickly. Another job WELL DONE!

rg_girlca
08-06-2007, 06:44 PM
That is such a lovely note that Homer's new purrents sent to you Jen.

Congratulations on finding such a wonderful home for this beautiful boy. :)

catfamily
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm so happy Homer has found his family and will be happy till the end.Great job Jen.Congratulations :)