PDA

View Full Version : For those who care or recall

Catty1
08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Moosmom and others...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130913&highlight=making

After we had had that talk I mentioned, and looked forward to enjoying our friendship, he wasn't looking for anyoneand would be best single for a while...as recently as July 23 I had an email that said, 'Yep, still on for the 11th'...

I got an email on Wednesday after an IM saying he would send me an email with some details, and that he wouldn't be able to talk with me any more.

The email said that our relationship had meant the world to him, he had met someone and they were both confident that their association would lead to marriage, and they each were ending relationships that might be a distraction to a 100% commitment to each other.

He said he never could have given 100% per cent to me. DUH REALLY? :rolleyes:

Anyway, if I had a garden I'd use the contents of the email to enrich the soil. I waited several days, then sent an email (he will read but not reply) noting how many things now added up; that he never said WHEN he met this woman; listing all the dishonesties I perceived from him, whether they were or not. My gut RARELY lies.

Next day, my boss finally got arrogant one inch too far, and I left him a blasting note, we exchanged professional but angry emails, and I am chilling out for the long weekend. I had NEVER pushed back at him before, but I had had enough.

A friend took me to an out-of-town bistro Friday night to see a friend of hers in a jazz trio (Old Standard Jazz). Perfect remedy, and I thank her here.

Cause after Wed and Thurs, I was shaking inside....agitated, jittery, angry.

Just wanted to update; there is one friend I talk to about this, but I just wanted to vent a bit here to get the poison out.

thanks

koxka
08-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Catty, I had read if not all almost the other thread.
Don't waist one more minute thinking or mailing or whatever to this guy.
Easy said than done, I know

There is a saying : There is no worst scorn to someone than ignoring him/her

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Catty, I had kept up with your other thread, never replied as I've been married hundreds of years and figured I'm not much on 'dating'. ;) I'm sure you are better off now, I'm sorry for the loss of his friendship, but now you can move on. As the country song goes..."if it don't come easy, better leave it alone,better let it go." Best wishes. :)

pitc9
08-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm glad you went out and had a great night!

I too am sorry you've lost his friendship, but sounds like you're better off without him.

{{hugs}}

Catty1
08-05-2007, 06:56 PM
...thanks, folks...I am glad I wrote the one email, stored it in Drafts, and ran it by a good friend before I sent it.

Still...Pyka dying, the 'friend's' idiocy, and then my pushing back HARD at my boss (emotionally and psychologically that is!) after 2 1/2 years of...CRAP.

Not the hell others have been through, but a bit of a gut-smack for me.

Oh, I AM better off! I know that.

Thanks. :)

crow_noir
08-06-2007, 12:41 AM
* h u g s *

shais_mom
08-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Catty, I read if not all almost the other thread.

I agree -
my brain was screaming
BOOTY CALL -
you're better off to keep walking
'these boots are made for ......'

Catty1
08-06-2007, 12:59 AM
shais_mom
my brain was screaming BOOTY CALL -

;) Hee hee...I wondered...but stopped wondering when he totally broke things off.

Really sad that he couldn't handle a friendship, a real one, with a female. In the back of my mind, I thought: "Of course you broke off - cause you weren't going to get any!" :D

wombat2u2004
08-06-2007, 05:05 AM
Ah mate, I'm so sorry all of this is heaped on you at this time.
Still, better to know now than further along when you may have gotten yourself very hurt.
Glad you had a good time with your friend, it's important to get back out in the race again.
Many great big hugs to you Candace.
Wom

moosmom
08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Candace,

What a coward and a jerk. The LEAST he could've done was to talk with you face to face instead of an email.

It's his loss. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his short and curlies. :mad:

((((((HUGS)))))) to you honey. I'll call you later.

wombat2u2004
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his short and curlies. :mad:

HAH !!!! :D
And my his chickens turn into emu's and kick the crap out of his chicken house !!!!! :p
Wom