PDA

View Full Version : as i clean up the yard

joycenalex
08-04-2007, 10:45 AM
it occurs to me, where do the flies go to wait after the poop is picked up? and do they discuss the best piles, sort of like a restaurant review? the heat is getting to me, i'm going to lie down near a fan now....

Pam
08-04-2007, 11:22 AM
LOL! LOL! I think the heat did get to you! LOL! I never thought of that when I have been pooper scooping but I will now! :D

chocolatepuppy
08-04-2007, 04:31 PM
lmao! Yes the heat is getting to a lot of us. Thanks, now I will wonder about that also. :D

lute
08-04-2007, 05:57 PM
HAHA!!! That is too funny! The poop here barely touches the ground! Flies don't even come around. I pick up right after it's deposited.haha

joycenalex
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM
when we're on a walk, i'm right there with a bag, but i do clean the fenced in yard daily, and after all these years, i've started to wonder a few things....this heat wave is getting to me ;)

Karen
08-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Do you think it is the heat, or the fumes from lawn-baked-poop? Or both?

crow_noir
08-05-2007, 02:18 AM
They go to picnics of course! :D

it occurs to me, where do the flies go to wait after the poop is picked up? and do they discuss the best piles, sort of like a restaurant review? the heat is getting to me, i'm going to lie down near a fan now....

joycenalex
08-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Do you think it is the heat, or the fumes from lawn-baked-poop? Or both?
both dogs eat rawfoods, so the poop dries out quickly, so the odor is low ,except after alex has seizures, then it smells like valium. i think it's the heat....gonna go get a glass of water and lemon... :D , after i wash my hands of course :p

pitc9
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Umm... yeah, I think the heat has gotten to you! :D

Freedom
08-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh lordy, now I am going to be thinking this for EVER! You have touched my life, in a way which will have unending ramifications. :D

IRescue452
08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I never thought about the flies, but I can tell you when I leave for work in the morning they are all lined up on the siding sunbathing for the day's energy. I worry about the bees stinging me when I take their meal away. We used to have some sort of dung beetle that got to the poop pretty quickly. Those were interesting to watch. I clean up at least daily if not more often in the summer when we are outside often.

crow_noir
08-05-2007, 10:14 PM
When we're feeding kibble (instead of raw) we get flies, little black beetles, yellow jackets, and these tiny little black squiggly things that look like miniature earwigs minus the pincers. (I notice because I'm pretty much the only one that picks it up and i pick it up about every other day to every third day.)

(When fed raw we don't get much of anything attracted to the poo... well, not like with the kibble poo. Cleaner less smelly yard all around. :D )

I never thought about the flies, but I can tell you when I leave for work in the morning they are all lined up on the siding sunbathing for the day's energy. I worry about the bees stinging me when I take their meal away. We used to have some sort of dung beetle that got to the poop pretty quickly. Those were interesting to watch. I clean up at least daily if not more often in the summer when we are outside often.

K9karen
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh lordy, now I am going to be thinking this for EVER! You have touched my life, in a way which will have unending ramifications. :D

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Dare I say, I've thought the same thing? :o :rolleyes:

99% of the time, I clean up instantly, and there they are...I swear all the beetles and flies lie in wait... :D :D

shais_mom
08-06-2007, 12:18 AM
:)
now today with the rain we got
it probably all washed away!