PDA

View Full Version : My paper - Raw Food Is Best

.sarah
08-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Please PM me your e-mail address if you'd like to read it, as I don't really want to post it (I'm afraid it may start a debate). You can post your e-mail address here too, just don't make it a link so you can avoid spam. I know there were some people interested in it so I didn't want to not post anything about it.

:)

luvofallhorses
08-04-2007, 12:51 AM
[email protected] I am interested in reading it. :)

cali
08-04-2007, 12:52 AM
I PMed ya!

CathyBogart
08-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Me too! [email protected]

crow_noir
08-04-2007, 04:31 AM
could you email it to adopt_koli *AT* yahoo *DOT* com please. (This way a few rescues can read it also :D )

k9krazee
08-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh me me!

kangashrew13 @ yahoo .com

.sarah
08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Okay I've sent it to everyone who requested it so please let me know if you didn't get it. :)

bckrazy
08-04-2007, 06:37 PM
[email protected]

I would love to read it, Sarah! =)

.sarah
08-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Sent! I'm glad so many people are interested :) Please let me know what you think, good or bad!

crow_noir
08-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Some of the info seemed like the regurgitated info that is on every single raw page out there, but it is such vital info. On the plus side you also put a fresh spin on the paper.

One thing that stuck out in my mind though is that no one ever mentions fur in these reports. If you can get a fresh kill (such as a rabbit) that it the best for cleaning the teeth (physically.) pH is the major cleaner for mouth health, not the bones (very misleading info/myth that is out there online. The bones do play a minor roll in cleaning the teeth, but the internal pH is the thing the majority of the credit should be going to.) (Then again... this is another thing that is debated amongst the raw community. ...I'm sticking with the P.H.D. in nutrition on this one.*)

Other than that I thought it was a nice essay as a school project.

Oh, maybe it wasn't listed since i didn't pull up the file (I just did preview) but when writing a paper one should ALWAYS have another page listing the sources. (I forget the name for the credits.)

*wish i had a source to give you on that tid bit.

Sent! I'm glad so many people are interested :) Please let me know what you think, good or bad!

Venita
08-05-2007, 06:00 AM
I would be interested in reading your paper.

[email protected]

Toby's my baby
08-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Id like to read it! My emaij addy is bphilipp12 at hotmail.com

.sarah
08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Some of the info seemed like the regurgitated info that is on every single raw page out thereThe target audience is those new to the concept of a raw diet, that's why. :)

One thing that stuck out in my mind though is that no one ever mentions fur in these reports. If you can get a fresh kill (such as a rabbit) that it the best for cleaning the teeth (physically.) pH is the major cleaner for mouth health, not the bones (very misleading info/myth that is out there online. The bones do play a minor roll in cleaning the teeth, but the internal pH is the thing the majority of the credit should be going to.) (Then again... this is another thing that is debated amongst the raw community. ...I'm sticking with the P.H.D. in nutrition on this one.*)I've never, ever heard this. Whenever Buck was eating ground food for 3 weeks after his surgery, his teeth got NASTY and now they are stained. Once he started eating bones again, it scraped all of the plaque and tarter off. My dogs very rarely get fur, they got it more often last year, and their teeth are very clean.

Oh, maybe it wasn't listed since i didn't pull up the file (I just did preview) but when writing a paper one should ALWAYS have another page listing the sources. (I forget the name for the credits.)If I'm being completely honest, and I know this is bad, I was so crammed with homework that I didn't have any resources. Everything in that paper came from my head, it's all stuff that I have memorized. I know my teacher probably doesn't believe that and will probably mark me down for it, but I honestly didn't have any resources.

Thanks, I really do appreciate the feedback. :)

Jessika
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey Sarah I'd love to read it, I always love learning about new diets and stuff. :)

xoxo.jessika [at] gmail.com

I probably won't have any input as to whether it's good or bad, since I'm relatively "new" to RAW diets (not completely, though, but I don't know a whole lot), so... I guess I'd be a good test subject eh?? lol

crow_noir
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Boy do i know that feeling!

I love being able give people hard factual resources, but i do so much studying, research, and searching that it just all gets jumbled together in my head as one big glob. All i ever remember are bits and pieces.

If I'm being completely honest, and I know this is bad, I was so crammed with homework that I didn't have any resources. Everything in that paper came from my head, it's all stuff that I have memorized. I know my teacher probably doesn't believe that and will probably mark me down for it, but I honestly didn't have any resources.