PDA

View Full Version : Sask Bible camp counsellor facing heat for roasting squirrel in front of kids

Catty1
08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Sask Bible camp counsellor facing heat for roasting squirrel in front of kids

1 hour, 29 minutes ago

CHRISTOPHER LAKE, Sask. (CP) - A counsellor at a northern Saskatchewan Bible camp is feeling the heat for killing and roasting a squirrel over a campfire.

The bushy-tailed rodent was injured after the counsellor at Camp Kadesh threw a stick in its direction.

Camp director Curtis Anderson says the man destroyed the injured animal and wanted to prove that nothing should go to waste by skinning and roasting it.

A few counsellors ate some of the squirrel, although none of the 120 children at the camp had any.

But two parents were outraged and called the camp demanding that the veteran counsellor be fired.

Anderson admits the counsellor made a mistake, but after checking with the RCMP and the SPCA, it was determined he did nothing illegal.

sparks19
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't see what the big hullabaloo is about.

Perhaps he shouldn't have been throwing sticks but putting an injured animal out of it's misery and then not putting it to waste can be a good lesson. Not to mention that squirrel can be a good meal in a survival situation. I think it would be far worse if he were to just let the animal suffer in front of the children. Instead I think it was turned into a good lesson on how to use what nature provides you and NOT to waste.

RICHARD
08-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I roasted a squirrel once.

He got offended when I startes to do the jokes about hiding his nuts - then he left without paying his bar tab.

Ba dump. :confused:

lizbud
08-03-2007, 05:08 PM
The bushy-tailed rodent was injured after the counsellor at Camp Kadesh threw a stick in its direction.

Camp director Curtis Anderson says the man destroyed the injured animal and wanted to prove that nothing should go to waste by skinning and roasting it.

The animal wouldn't have been dead if the guy didn't kill it. I don't believe
it was an accident. I'm glad the children refused to eat it.

ilovemypup
08-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I think if they found the squirrel ALREADY dead.. go ahead eat it.. get your rabies shots first!

But for him to kill the squirrel.. omg! eew!

I would never eat it :(

Cataholic
08-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Gross. Tactless, and to think, this is 'bible' camp.

This wasn't some survival of the fittest on a remote island, learning life sustaining skills. It was BIBLE camp.

It is counselors like this that make me wonder WHY they are around children.

Alysser
08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
My question is, what the heck was he doing throwing the sticks at the squirrel anyway? :rolleyes:

caseysmom
08-03-2007, 07:35 PM
My kids would have come unglued, I can't even imagine a counseller doing something like that.

Just because they might have chicken for dinner doesn't mean you want your kid to see a chicken killed and cooked. what an idiot.

Jessika
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM

Perhaps he shouldn't have been throwing sticks but putting an injured animal out of it's misery and then not putting it to waste can be a good lesson. Not to mention that squirrel can be a good meal in a survival situation. I think it would be far worse if he were to just let the animal suffer in front of the children. Instead I think it was turned into a good lesson on how to use what nature provides you and NOT to waste.
I agree. I do agree that it was WRONG of him to throw sticks at any wild animal in the first place, but you must also remember... when it comes to animals, people are so quick to throw around the word "destroyed", making it sound like the animal died in such a terrible, horrible way. Dogs are "destroyed" after attacks, but they aren't ripped to pieces or bludgeoned to death. Now obviously this squirrel wasn't euthanized but perhaps the word is just... overkill for what really happened.

In any chance, at least they didn't waste, so his death wasn't in complete vain.

I mean, I don't know, what were the ages of the children? I still have mixed feelings on this. I don't see the situation itself as necessarily wrong, but I think it could have gone about differently (not doing it in front of young children, etc).

caseysmom
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I guess I don't really see it that way, since it was bible camp maybe they could have buried it and said a prayer.

CathyBogart
08-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see what the big deal is....He threw a stick at it...maybe on purpose, maybe on accident...but at that point it was injured and putting it out of its misery was humane. Might as well put it to use since they were CAMPING.

caseysmom
08-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I love camping I guess I just don't view squirrels as food. Don't think I could bring myself to eat it.

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I guess I don't really see it that way, since it was bible camp maybe they could have buried it and said a prayer.

Well maybe they said grace before eating it !!!!! :D :D
Wom

Pam
08-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Well maybe they said grace before eating it !!!!! :D :D
Wom

Oh Wom! :D

Personally I would have to know more before commenting. I think the problem I have is how the squirrel got that injured from a stick and why the stick was thrown. As far as putting it out of its misery, I think that was in order. Eating it? Well, I couldn't, but then I wouldn't eat anything that couldn't be bought in a grocery store. :)

lizbud
08-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see what the big deal is....He threw a stick at it...maybe on purpose, maybe on accident...but at that point it was injured and putting it out of its misery was humane. Might as well put it to use since they were CAMPING.

I don't see how one squirrel could feed 120 kids plus camp counselors. :rolleyes: I still think it was wrong from the get go.This wasn't
a survivors camping trip for adults, it was a Bible camp for kids,for crying
out loud.

CathyBogart
08-04-2007, 10:52 AM
One squirrel was obviously not supposed to feed everyone there, I'm at a loss as to how that even came up.

I don't have a problem with someone eating an animal that was killed during a comping trip. Waste not....

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I would have eaten it....I'll try anything once.
And who cares if it was at a Bible camp. Whats the difference where it is ???? And what has eating animals to do with religion ????? :p
Wom

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 11:55 AM
BBQ Squirrel
1st. Take as many squirrels as you would like add salt and pepper. 2nd. Put squirrels on grill, bbq whatever let cook for a while, then add some liquid smoke or soy sauce on top and around squirrels. 3rd. When the squirrels are almost done cooking smear BBQ sauce all over the squirrels and let cook until done...( you can use any BBQ sauce you would like or you can try my very own recipe) located at below

BBQ SAUCE FOR SQUIRREL
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cup ketchup
3/4 cup mustard
3/4 cup liquid smoke or worcestershire sauce
( you can add as much or as little sugar as you want)

Mmmmmmm....now that sounds like something I could tuck into....Yummy !!!!!

Wom

Cataholic
08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
It isn't merely the fact he killed and then roasted the squirrel. It is the fact that this is an adult, in charge of/responsible for children.

It was a gross error in judgment- it didn't matter if it was humane to kill the animal after maiming it or not. THAT could have been handled inoffensively. Anyone in charge or/responsible for children at a Bible camp, no less, should have known this would be offensive. To suggest otherwise is overlooking his responsibility to the children.

Lots of things happen in nature, and are humane, ethical, "normal"...but, this is a camp counselor, children and a Bible camp that we are speaking about.

Prolly pretty normal for the guy to take a big poop in the woods, too, but, doesn't mean he should go around bragging about it. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...and here, given the nature of the relationship between the adult and the children, and in a bible camp setting- poor judgment.

Pam
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
As I said before, I would like to know a lot more about the story, i.e., what were the ages of the children and were they children who had been in a camping environment before? A teenager would, I am sure, have not batted an eye. Even younger children might not have been traumatized if they have grown up in a rural area and been exposed to a lot of hunting. I have friends with young children and they are used to hunting (and eating) what they hunt. I was not raised that way so it might have bothered me more than kids like that. More info is definitely needed.

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 12:43 PM
As I said before, I would like to know a lot more about the story, i.e., what were the ages of the children and were they children who had been in a camping environment before? A teenager would, I am sure, have not batted an eye. Even younger children might not have been traumatized if they have grown up in a rural area and been exposed to a lot of hunting. I have friends with young children and they are used to hunting (and eating) what they hunt. I was not raised that way so it might have bothered me more than kids like that. More info is definitely needed.

Yes.....and more recipes are needed to Pam :D
I'll have you eating possums and things in no time !!!! :p
Wom

CathyBogart
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131510&page=2

Boys between the ages of 8 and 11

"(He) made it very clear to everyone there that they didn't need to be celebrating this and parading around."

But some of the girls at the camp learned of the squirrel roast and complained to their parents when the camp was over last weekend. Two families phoned the camp and called for the counsellor in his early 20s to be fired.

caseysmom

I have two teenagers and let me assure you they would have batted an eye.

cali
08-04-2007, 01:06 PM
I live is Sask. so I have more of this story, that artical is VERY short lol.basicly there are a LOT of squirrles in the area, always getting into things and destroying the kids candy and such. the stick was thrown AT the squirrel on purpose, when he injured the squirrels paw(yes, thats all he injured) he then killed the squirrel and roasted it. the Dqurrile thing happend in front of the younge boys, when the Girls heard about it, they got really upset and told their parents, who complained. the counceller is not getting any reprimend at all, the onlyu thing that came of it, is a new rule they you are no longer allowed to abuse Squirrles aat the camp.

caseysmom
08-04-2007, 01:08 PM
I live is Sask. so I have more of this story, that artical is VERY short lol.basicly there are a LOT of squirrles in the area, always getting into things and destroying the kids candy and such. the stick was thrown AT the squirrel on purpose, when he injured the squirrels paw(yes, thats all he injured) he then killed the squirrel and roasted it. the Dqurrile thing happend in front of the younge boys, when the Girls heard about it, they got really upset and told their parents, who complained. the counceller is not getting any reprimend at all, the onlyu thing that came of it, is a new rule they you are no longer allowed to abuse Squirrles aat the camp.

I hurt my foot last week, hope that camp counselor isn't around to put me out of my misery :D What a moron.

Pam
08-04-2007, 01:14 PM
I have two teenagers and let me assure you they would have batted an eye.

Probably batting an eye was not the best choice of words. :o I do believe it is a regional thing and also there would be different reactions between boys and girls and at different ages. Kids brought up in that environment would probably not have had the same response as your children (or mine). Also age does matter. If my son had been there, as a teenager, he would have probably thought it was interesting, maybe even cool. :eek: My daughter, on the other hand, would have screamed EWWW!

Wom, you will never get me to eat possum!! LOL! I used to cringe when Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies used to make it in their mansion when they moved to Californey! :p

caseysmom
08-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes I am sure it is regional, kids raised around farming etc would definetely have a different outlook. My kids can hardly stand to eat any kind of meat let alone seeing a fluffy cute squirell cooked.

Alysser
08-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I was/and am being raised in a residential area. My town is certainly by no means a HUGE city, we're more country but my neighborhood and neighborhoods surrounding me are all city like. We have normal shopping centers, etc. Anyway, I can tell you most people I know would have been digusted, me included. Once me, my dad, and my brother were in a car and my brother was driving. A deer hit the car and it died. Before we called the police some guy in an old beat-up Ford pick-up truck asked if my brother wanted the deer. He took it home and probably ate it. I was absolutely digusted. That is not something people around here do, or anyone I know of. That was not how we were raised so it's just odd to us.

I remember in bible camp once a kid picked up a frog, and killed it or hurt it at least. Someone told on him, and the consouller went beserk. She stated "These are god creatures and you're supposed to respect them!" the kid was crying histerically. Anyway, my bible camp was the complete opposite of this one. It's just weird to me.

Jessika
08-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I was/and am being raised in a residential area. My town is certainly by no means a HUGE city, we're more country but my neighborhood and neighborhoods surrounding me are all city like. We have normal shopping centers, etc. Anyway, I can tell you most people I know would have been digusted, me included. Once me, my dad, and my brother were in a car and my brother was driving. A deer hit the car and it died. Before we called the police some guy in an old beat-up Ford pick-up truck asked if my brother wanted the deer. He took it home and probably ate it. I was absolutely digusted. That is not something people around here do, or anyone I know of. That was not how we were raised so it's just odd to us.
My uncle is a hunter, and he'll do that too. What's more traumatizing to someone -- seeing a dead deer decomposing on the side of the road, or his death to not be in vain and be eaten? I don't see anything wrong with something like that, my uncle has picked up deer that he's seen someone hit (by accident, of course) and brought it home to eat.

I by no means live out in the country, but I guess I was just exposed to that type of stuff when I was younger. I would rather any animal's death not be in vain than just lay there and rot (in this squirrel's case though, the counselor definitely SHOULD NOT have thrown anything at it). But that's just me.

Hellow
08-04-2007, 05:29 PM
The way we are around here is that theres nothing wrong with eating squirrel, deer, fish, pratically everything besides pets and humans. So i dont see anything wrong with rosting squirrel.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I really think this counselor acted out of line and was certainly no role model for children. After all, one would hope that in an outdoor experience, children would hope to learn respect for nature and living things instead of mindless destruction.

This counselor's actions were seriously misguided at best, dangerous at worst. After all around here many small animals carry the plague. Just a few months ago one of the monkeys at the zoo died from eating an infected squirrel. (Here's a link to the story: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5952320)

Also, as someone who grew up living in the country, I can tell you with absolute certainly that 1) I would never eat road kill, and 2) this incident would have seriously disturbed me.

jackie
08-05-2007, 06:15 AM
that is nasty!

catlady1945
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Nice lesson for Bible Camp. The counsellor is a moron. Also....the animal could have diseases or parasites. Good for the kids, they are smarter than the staff.

Miss Z
08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Gross. Tactless, and to think, this is 'bible' camp.

This wasn't some survival of the fittest on a remote island, learning life sustaining skills. It was BIBLE camp.

It is counselors like this that make me wonder WHY they are around children.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If I had been on a camp and the team leader had, in my eyes, publically abused a wild creature and then attempted to pass it off as survival skills, well, I know where I'd be shoving my marshmallow roasting stick. Disgusting.

sumbirdy
08-08-2007, 01:06 AM
My uncle is a hunter, and he'll do that too. What's more traumatizing to someone -- seeing a dead deer decomposing on the side of the road, or his death to not be in vain and be eaten? I don't see anything wrong with something like that, my uncle has picked up deer that he's seen someone hit (by accident, of course) and brought it home to eat.

I by no means live out in the country, but I guess I was just exposed to that type of stuff when I was younger. I would rather any animal's death not be in vain than just lay there and rot (in this squirrel's case though, the counselor definitely SHOULD NOT have thrown anything at it). But that's just me.

So...If I died should I be eaten so that I wouldn't have died in vain? I don't see why people think that if an animal dies and is not eaten that animal dies in vain. Why not just pull the animal in the woods and tell it you're sorry? I've been raised around hunters since I was 5 but I find it disgusting and I find this very wrong. He was cruel by throwing that stick at it. And then roasting it in front of the children? Did he fully kill it first or did he roast it alive? I think a squirell could have survived with only a hurt paw. To hurt an animal in front of children is just teaching them that it is ok.

If I had to kill something in order to live...I would die. That just seems like murder to me.

crow_noir
08-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Sparks, this is almost my thoughts exactly even after reading what went on.

Instead of "perhaps" though, I say he plain simply should Not have been throwing sticks so forcefully that it injured the critter... he could have damaged a kid and it's cruelty. I don't care if the squirrels are a nuisance.

However I do think it is a good lesson that you shouldn't a) let an animal suffer and b) be wasteful. ...no matter what age the children are.

Why is it that humans are so unprepared to be a part of the life circle? So what if we're attacked and eaten by say... a bear. So be it. I'd call that an honorable death. (Not like I'm going to go out looking to die that way. Neither does the deer that gets hunted down by the mountain lion.) There is NOTHING wrong with dieing as food for something else. It is just the way things work. If I'm going to be a predator I better darn well be at peace with the thought of something else bigger and hungrier out there ready to eat me for its meal... and I am. (I also have healthy self-preservation instincts.)

So...If I died should I be eaten so that I wouldn't have died in vain? I don't see why people think that if an animal dies and is not eaten that animal dies in vain.

Jessika
08-08-2007, 10:30 PM
So...If I died should I be eaten so that I wouldn't have died in vain? I don't see why people think that if an animal dies and is not eaten that animal dies in vain. Why not just pull the animal in the woods and tell it you're sorry? I've been raised around hunters since I was 5 but I find it disgusting and I find this very wrong. He was cruel by throwing that stick at it. And then roasting it in front of the children? Did he fully kill it first or did he roast it alive? I think a squirell could have survived with only a hurt paw. To hurt an animal in front of children is just teaching them that it is ok.

If I had to kill something in order to live...I would die. That just seems like murder to me.
It's the "waste not, want not" philosophy, I suppose. I'm not arguing that what this camp counselor did was wrong by throwing the stick to injure and then kill the squirrel, I'm simply stating that I don't think that people who do eat animals that die from stuff like this is wrong.

And just a completely random question - are you a vegetarian? If you don't want to answer publically, I just have some confusion on what you'd said... if you wish please PM me and I'll ask you via PM instead.

sumbirdy
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
It's the "waste not, want not" philosophy, I suppose. I'm not arguing that what this camp counselor did was wrong by throwing the stick to injure and then kill the squirrel, I'm simply stating that I don't think that people who do eat animals that die from stuff like this is wrong.

And just a completely random question - are you a vegetarian? If you don't want to answer publically, I just have some confusion on what you'd said... if you wish please PM me and I'll ask you via PM instead.

Yes I am a vegetarian. Which is probably why this stuff bothers me so much. Sorry for sounding so cross...I was having a bad day (I know that's really no excuse)
I understand your point but still go with mine.

shais_mom
08-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm a farm girl - happily so - but we didn't eat weird stuff. My parents think I eat weird stuff now, crab legs and sushi.
I'm more interested in the fact that Catty always digs for such controversial topics on the internet as to guage how many responses she will get?

finn's mom
08-09-2007, 01:08 AM
It is odd to me that they are just now coming up with a rule that will protect the squirrels from abuse. :( You'd think it would not only already be a written rule, but an unspoken one as well.

RICHARD
08-09-2007, 03:01 AM
God forbid any of us gets stuck in the woods and has to forage for a bite to eat.

Religous camp counselors aren't my pick to teach me how to survive in the wild....

First of all, who the eff is throwing sticks at a squirrel?

That's the moron to take to task.

The misguided counselors decide to be Bear Grylls/Les Stroud and kill and grill the poor animal.

Then the wussie campers decide to complain.

All these little AHs have no problem ordering the Mcnuggets or the Buffalo Wings.

Like, where does your Spencer steak, chicken nuggets or Quarter Pounders come from?

--------

When I was a kid I saw a pig shot in the head, skinned and made into chops, bacon and everything else.

It made me a little more aware of where my pork comes from.

Miss Z
08-09-2007, 04:18 AM

I am in agreement with you on this.

I don't like the phrase 'it didn't die in vain'. How do you define such a phrase, is it not more of a presumption? To me, dying in vain is suffering a death premature to the one that would be reached naturally. So, falling off a cliff is dying in vain. Taking an overdose is dying in vain. Injured by aerial objects and then roasted and eaten by animals larger than myself is dying in vain. I know that there'll be many who'll now jump at the chance to try and explain the dictionary version of 'dying in vain', but I couldn't care less. That's just how I perceive it to be.

Just because it was eaten after it was brought down makes no difference. I just don't get how using the corpse seems to mask the KILLING.

I know, as I've been dictated to many times before, that the predator/prey cycle happens all the time in the wild and prey animals must fall victim to predators for the benefit of both species. But the last part is exactly my point, for the benefit of both species. A lioness will hunt and bring down a weak zebra, thus continuing her species and strenghtening that of the zebra. A human on the other hand, will be more attracted to shoot a big, strong stallion to show off his skills, and will shoot at it from afar giving it virtually no chance of survival. At least when a predator gives chase, there is some chance that it could get away. Chances are he'd have a go at shooting the lioness as well.

Even those that do shoot for food have drastic impacts on populations of creatures. The human population is exploding and we're taking more and more land from the animals. Then we throw up our arms and say, "There's a huge amount of deer all crammed up in a little wood! Some are coming into our towns! I know, lets go and shoot them all so the population doesn't rise too much! And if we eat them, the animal lovers have nothing on us!"

Sorry this has gone on a bit (believe me, I could go on a lot further, but that would take me into the depths of my thoughts on meat and slaughter, to which I am not keen to go publically), but I had to express my opinion that hunting wild animals is a primitive action, and I hope that as the world modernises, we'll think more about how both the animals and we can live alongside each other, and hunting will be squeezed out.

I agree with Richard's post, unless all the kids at that camp were vegetarian, then they are being contradictory and selective about what they eat. I have to admit that only a vegetarian/vegan could complain against such a matter.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-09-2007, 08:38 AM
I am in agreement with you on this.

I don't like the phrase 'it didn't die in vain'. How do you define such a phrase, is it not more of a presumption? To me, dying in vain is suffering a death premature to the one that would be reached naturally. So, falling off a cliff is dying in vain. Taking an overdose is dying in vain. Injured by aerial objects and then roasted and eaten by animals larger than myself is dying in vain. I know that there'll be many who'll now jump at the chance to try and explain the dictionary version of 'dying in vain', but I couldn't care less. That's just how I perceive it to be.

Just because it was eaten after it was brought down makes no difference. I just don't get how using the corpse seems to mask the KILLING.

I agree with you and Sumbirdy as well. I think it is the height of egocentrism to assume that a creature died in vain simply because it wasn't eaten by a human. As if the ultimate goal of a creature's life is to be consumed by a talking biped. :rolleyes:

Actually, I feel the squirrel would have been much less "wasted" had it been left in the forest for the many, many more deserving and no doubt hungrier creatures that live there. I guess some people just can't get over the medieval belief that the Earth is the center of the universe, and by jove, so are humans.

shais_mom
08-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't have a problem with eating most kinds of meat - but I myself will stick to pork, chicken, beef, lamb, deer, fish/seafood, or beefalo(b/c actually that's pretty good) even bison.

This kind of reminds me of my sister's mother in law who is a vegetarian but eats hot dogs and bologna. She won't let you fix her garden burger on the grill if hamburger is being grilled at the same time but eating the lips and buttholes apparently doesn't bother her.
She'd probably pass out at the thought of eating a squirrel. (don't get me wrong - Love her to death - she's a wonderful lady but her ideals are a bit wacky)
Whereas myself - if you gave me a huge salad with everything my heart desired on a salad vs a squirrel - I'd pick the salad.!! :eek:
But I wouldn't eat rattlesnake, alligator, ostrich either. I've never had goat so I can't comment on that - but I LOVE lamb....

RICHARD
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I guess some people just can't get over the medieval belief that the Earth is the center of the universe, and by jove, so are humans.

You are wrong.

Los Angeles is the center of the universe and Lindsay Lohan is the Queen.

shais_mom
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
You are wrong.

Los Angeles is the center of the universe and Lindsay Lohan is the Queen.
now wait a minute -
she might be queen of YOUR world!!
then Paris, Nicole and Britney must be court jesters....

RICHARD
08-09-2007, 01:46 PM
now wait a minute -
she might be queen of YOUR world!!
then Paris, Nicole and Britney must be court jesters....

Not of my planet.....world or neighborhood...

I'd like to think I have better taste than that! :eek:

------------------------

And speaking of nuts....

Some funny squirrel stories. All true, all happened while camping.

At Leo Carrillo State Beach there are tons of squirrels.
And If you do not watch your car while you camp there they will climb under the hood of your dad's Blazer and chew the wires so you cannot leave the campsite.
----------------
If you leave your dad with a sandwich, chips and soda in a chair to go to the bathroom, you will come back to find him asleep with a squirrel in his lap eating off the plate and the rest fighting over the crumbs that were spilled.

-------------------------

At the campsite next to ours a 'traveling college' - the kind for rich, spoiled kids who are not welcome at home, pulls up.

From the trailer one kid grabs a fishing pole, ties a bag to the line and proceeds to fish for squirrels. When they get into the bag, this idiot jerks them off the ground.

They 'fun and games' finally end when one of the campers protests about it.

Later on they all go to the beach..

Five minutes later I am treated to screaming squirrels entering their trailer.
It looks like a cat fight....I laugh because I think I know what is going on.

Campers return to trailer to find 50 dollars worth of bread, crackers and other foodstuffs destroyed!

It's their universe....I am only renting space! ;)