View Full Version : For the Blondes, in their defense

Catty1
08-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Q: Why did God make brunettes?

A: Because ugly men need love, too.

:p

Pembroke_Corgi
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Um, thanks. I'll be sure to tell my husband he's ugly when he gets home. :rolleyes:

(Yes, I am perfectly aware that this is a "joke." I just get tired of seeing an attempt "humor" as a thinly disguised veil for putting down a group of people).

ilovemypup
08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Aww :rolleyes:

Catty1
08-03-2007, 02:19 PM
See my picture? Not red, not blonde...

From Karen's introductory post in the Sticky at the top of Doghouse:

The Dog House
We have created a new forum for any post that is in some way controversial, upsetting, or just makes us go eeeew! In it are threads about the war, debates and arguments about religion, patriotism and politics, and the recipe for "poop cake."

Those posts have been "sent to The Dog House." If you are easily upset, The Dog House is not a place you want to go.

JenBKR
08-03-2007, 02:26 PM
tee hee ;)

No offense, but I am honestly surprised anyone would be offended by that joke. No one seems to be offended at the blonde jokes (and I am about as blonde as they come :D )

Pembroke_Corgi
08-03-2007, 02:36 PM
See my picture? Not red, not blonde...
Right, I understand you are a brunette, I can see your icon, and I'm honestly not trying to pick on you. I just hate mean-spirited jokes that play on stereotypes and are supposed to be harmless fun. I really think the fact that such jokes are so commonplace, just something to guffaw at and forget about, shows how ingrained harmful attitudes are.

And actually, I'm not especially offended by this joke so much as annoyed. It manages to be mean, sexist (the idea that women were created to satisfy men) and not funny all at the same time.

JenBKR
08-03-2007, 02:49 PM
And actually, I'm not especially offended by this joke so much as annoyed. It manages to be mean, sexist (the idea that women were created to satisfy men) and not funny all at the same time.

Ah, I see where you are coming from - sorry I think I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I think I tend to take a lot of jokes at face value (oh and I have an....odd sense of humor sometimes ;) )

Marigold2
08-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh I thought it was very funny. Blondes get mad fun of all the time.

Having a sense of humor and being able to laugh at oneself is the mark of true intelligence.

caseysmom
08-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Having a sense of humor and being able to laugh at oneself is the mark of true intelligence.

Says who?

K9soul
08-03-2007, 10:02 PM

What is with all the arrogance and condescending attitude lately? People have every right to post if they do or don't think a joke is funny, everyone has a different sense of humor. Since when did you define what should be humor for everyone and what comprises "true" intelligence? You have a really subtle but mean-spirited way of bashing people sometimes.

Sorry for straying off the topic. I've heard this joke before, doesn't make me laugh, doesn't make me angry :p.

caseysmom
08-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I noticed that too.

Marigold2
08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

I am not mean, I just don't take myself as serious as others. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

CathyBogart
08-04-2007, 02:30 AM
It's only as offensive as you choose to take it....

-A brunette

Catty1
08-04-2007, 02:48 AM
OKAY, OKAY.....ugly men DON'T need love......

....sheesh.................... :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
08-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Since when has the dog house had to be so PC? Why are people being so nitpicky lately?

Catty1
08-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Since when has the dog house had to be so PC? Why are people being so nitpicky lately?

I'm thinking it could be the weather - heatwaves all over the place.

Sometimes a person finds lots of nits to pick! ;)

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm blonde, a natural blonde. I'm not offended by blonde jokes. In fact I post them all of the time.
Why SHOULD I be offended ???? I have a sense of humour, sometimes quite a warped one (as many PTers could probably say), but all the same, it's just that......HUMOUR !!!!! The writers of those jokes don't intend to be malicious.....they are simply trying to give us all a laugh, and that's gotta be good in this crazy old world of ours.
So lighten up already folks......you do have a choice you know.....you don't like jokes, then don't read jokes.
I for one found Catty1's joke quite humourous, and had quite a chuckle when she first posted it. And do I think brunettes are the pick of ugly men for real ???? Nawwwwwwww.......any old goose can see that it was just a joke !!!!
Wom

Pembroke_Corgi
08-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Point taken...I shall henceforth stay away from any thread that has the word "blond," in it or something similarly inane, such as a thread about the superficial and stereotypical differences between men and women (like, women love to mindlessly shop while men love to mindlessly watch football), as I obviously do not have the "true intelligence" to recognize its wit and hilarity. :D

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
such as a thread about the superficial and stereotypical differences between men and women (like, women love to mindlessly shop while men love to mindlessly watch football)

Hmmmmmmm....tell ya what !!!!! You burn your bra, and I'll burn my football, and then we will both become deep and meaningful people. :D

as I obviously do not have the "true intelligence" to recognize its wit and hilarity. :D

And who said that ????? Or is that a self opinion ???? :p

Relax PC....relax !!!!! The world is ok....really. ;)
Wom

wombat2u2004
08-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Q: Why did God make brunettes?

A: Because ugly men need love, too.

Heheheeeeeeeeeeeee.
Q. Why did God make beer ????
A. Because ugly women need love to !!!!! :D

Wom

Catty1
08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
A. Because ugly women need love to !!!!!

LOLOLOL! :D

CathyBogart
08-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Heheheeeeeeeeeeeee.
A. Because ugly women need love to !!!!! :D

Wom

ROFL!!!