PDA

View Full Version : I wish I was young again.

k9krazee
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
This week is fair week. The week that I used to look forward to all summer -- and was sooo bummed 2 years ago when I was in Europe and had to miss it. It's supposed to be a time of family, friends, fried food and spinny rides...lol.

This year it's not that...at all. I wish I was young again, it used to be so much fun.

It didn't start off too bad, my brother and I went and met up with some of my cousins. Then Adam (my brother) went and got a wristband (to ride rides) and joined my two younger cousins leaving me, the penny pinching party pooper, alone with my Aunt. It wasn't too bad at first, despite the 90*+ weather...we even watched a pig give birth to some piglets. Then my cousin Katrina came, and I was glad to get away from the Aunt for a little while. Well...she ended up running off with some boys which once again left me with the Aunt. I was hot, bored, tired, hungry...you can only go so long watching the boys play bumper cars over and over. So I ended up leaving and coming home to take a shower, I was filthy and hot. My mom was supposed to meet me again at 7:30 to go play bingo. Well, she just now called telling me she's going to watch the races with my Aunt. Shot down and abandoned once again.

It really shouldn't bother me that much, but I feel like crying. All afternoon (for about 6 hours) I was looking forward to my mom getting there so I could get away from the crazed Aunt for a little while. There are times like this that I really wish I had some close friends *laughs* After high school I really didn't keep in contact with anybody around here...I guess I've learned my lesson.

I know it'll only be as good as you make it, and maybe it's just all my fault.

Oh well, I guess I'll go and play Bingo by myself...I think I need a hug. :(

Thanks for listening to me whine.

Cinder & Smoke
08-02-2007, 06:53 PM
{{{BIG HUGG}}}

:D

ramanth
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
*HUGS*

I wish I was young again too. I miss going to the fair among other things.

We can go together next year. I promise I won't abandon you and we can eat all the fried foods and ride all the spinny rides we can handle. :D

k9krazee
08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks you guys. ((Hugs back))) I ended up going back and eating an elephant ear...which was 10x more disgusting than I remember it ever being :p I played one thing of Bingo, but it's just not as fun by yourself.

I decided to pick up some ice cream cones for the dogs since they've been neglected all day. Remind me to never walk in the house with 5 crazed Hoodlums carrying a handful of ice cream cones :p Haha, they always make me smile, I don't know what I'd do without them. :)

Cincy'sMom
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry you didn't have a good time at the fair, Ashley.

I went to the fair one county south of us tonight with some friends from work. We had a good time, and ate gross fried food (is there anything better then fried cheese or frozen cheesecake on a stick?), but you are right, it just isn't the same as when we were young!

Marigold2
08-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I am really sorry you did not enjoy your time at the fair. Perhaps you can go back another night. Maybe call some old school chums and see if they are free to go with you. I think you will be surprised at how many people will be happy to hear from you.

Back in 94 my mom and daughter went with me to our local fair. We had the best time, so many good memories. Three weeks later my mom was gone due to a car accident and I could not bring myself to go back to that place for many years. Alicia and I went to other fairs but not that one. Finally enough time had passed and we went back and there I found my precious Bennybunny. Now when I go I always have a silent conversation with my mom. A tear or two will fall, maybe three or more, oh hell who am I kidding. I always break down and sob for a few minutes, yet there are many smiles as well. I see her smile in every turn. It was the last time we ever spent together. We had so much fun with all the animals, she loved every one, petted every one.
I remember my mom petting a billy goat and how he didn't want her to leave. I remember how she loved the flowers. We won one stuffed dog, teal green and a heart that says I love you. Both are in my bedroom now.
As I walk along I can feel my mom beside me. So bittersweet.
I love the fair. I am sure she sent Benny to me.

anna_66
08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I think I need a hug. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/c115.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/hugstxtreb06.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/HUGSTWIST.gif
I hope these hugs make you feel better Ashley. Sorry things didn't go as you planned. Sometimes I too wish I was young again...just wait till your 41 :eek:

Ginger's Mom
08-03-2007, 05:56 AM
I am sorry that your day didn't go as planned. I had to open this thread to see just what in the world you could be to old for. :) I don't be too discouraged sometimes certain activities just don't work on certain days for whatever reason, but that doesn't mean that it won't be fun or different the next time. I know I am a day late, but I am sending some more {{{hugs}}} to help you start off the day better. And I think it was very nice of you to think of the pups even though you were having a bad day. Wish I had seen the reaction when you walked in. :D

lizbud
08-03-2007, 10:16 AM
More (((HUGS))) from me too. :) Sorry your plans fell through. :(

I always loved our state fairs & usually went every year. It was so much
fun to see the animals & all the displays by different groups.Even if you
didn't get on any rides, it was always fun for me.

I remember once when my x husband refused to go. It was too hot, too expensive, etc, etc., so I took my 2 1/2 yr old son with me & we had a
blast.He loved it as much as I did. I was also pregnant at the time but
had tons of energy. Fairs are so much fun when you have someone to
share the experience with you. :)

pitc9
08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
{{{HUGS}}}

I'm sorry you had a rough time.

At least you had your Hoodlums at home to put a smile on your face!