PDA

View Full Version : Words for Mitzi

cassiesmom
08-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I was thinking last night ... now that RedHedd's Mitzi is adapting to life without her brother, are there any other kitties out there that might be able to offer some caring words to her? Edwina Rose? Inka, Maya, Snoopy, Zazou? Found Hotel Kitties? Anyone else?

Mitzi, Cassie Kitty and I offer just one thought for you now that you are without your sweet Mishi. As hard as she is to leave - and sometimes she gives me the "aww, Meowmie, don't leave me" look - that's how easy she is to come home to. And she usually greets me like I've been gone a very long time. Of course, this requires that I devote my full attention to her, and she knows that. Every day when I leave for work I tell her I must go to work to earn money for us, because I am the one with the opposable thumbs.

We wish you many happy days with your Meowmie, sweet fluffy girl! Purrs and head-bops!

caffeitina
08-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Mitzi, we (Howard and Luna) send you gentle head bumps and hopes that you're doing better. It's always hard to lose a friend, but remember that your Meowme and Cassie love you. And you always have us other kitties here on PT.

Hellow
08-02-2007, 12:14 PM
My two deceased cats Tigger and Callie could give Mishi an tour and just be a friend. I just told them that so mitzi now has two big four-legged furballs as friends.:)

Sevaede
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Mitzi,

Isis and myself (the meowmie) can certainly relate during the loss of your brother. We recently lost our Soni and it has left an open sore in our hearts. Just know you can take solace in that Mishi is out of pain and romping in the lands beyond the bridge. :)

RedHedd
08-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Aw thanks, everyone. Mitzi is fine, heck she's beyond fine. I think she's thrilled to be an only cat. As I've told some of you in PM's, and like Nancy the pet psychic said, I would see changes in her behavior almost immediately and it's true. Mitzi greets me at the door when I get home from work most days - something she NEVER did when Mishi was around. Usually she would stay hidden.

She doesn't hide as much anymore, loves sitting quietly with me while I watch TV, read or pay bills and stuff. We have playtime almost every evening; she has her own playtime after I go to bed. I now find mousies all over the house. Every evening she chases her tail on my bed while I'm trying to sleep - it's SO funny and cute. I've tried to catch a video of her doing it, but I'm usually laughing too much to hold the camera steady.

She's meowing a lot more too. Nancy said she is finding her voice and it's such a cute squeaky voice, one of her new nicknames is Squeaker.

So she's thriving as an only cat. I do miss Mishi; I don't think Mitzi does, but Nancy gave me such a good reading on Mishi's passing, that I've gotten a lot of closure on it. I'm grateful I had the honor of being his guardian for four years. I had always wanted an orange Maine Coon and now I can say I've had the pleasure of owning one. I'd do so again in a heartbeat, but Mitzi's well being and happiness comes first for me now.

catmandu
08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
MITZI LAT YEAR I LOST MY BEST FRIEND SAM. WE WERE ORIGINALLY IN A HAPPY HOME WHEN OUR GURADIANS STARTED NOT LIKING EACH OTHER. WE WERE IN DIFFERENT HOMES UNTIL I CAME TO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL. I WAS SO SCARED AND HID A LOT UNTIL ONE DAY THE DOOR OPENED AND THERE WAS SAM!! OUR DAD GOT HIM FROM DAER FRIEND NORMA WHOS GRANDCHILDREN WERE LOUD AND SCARING HIM. WE WERE REUNITED FOR A LONG TIME UNTIL LAST YEAR WHEN SAM GOT SO ILL THAT THE ANGELS TOOK HIM TO PARADISE.
HE TELLS ME ABOUT ALL THE PLACES HE SEES AND SITS BY ME WHEN I AM LONESOME. I KNOW THAT I WILL SEE HIM AGAIN. MEANWHILE I HAVE JOHN HANCOCK WHOS VERY NICE. AND I WILL SEE MY SAM AND WE WILL BE AS ONE.
ONE FINE DAY.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SAMPREC.jpg

cassiesmom
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Mitzi can beat that! I vacuumed last night and had to pick up all her toys and put them away in the toy basket so I could vacuum properly. Afterwards I selected a few to scatter around (I try to rotate her toys so she doesn't get bored) and after she came out of hiding, she played with her very favorite toy - HER TAIL! It was hilarious! She was spinning all over the living room and then somehow spun up onto the couch and continued spinning, trying to catch it. I was laughing SO HARD. She chases her tail at least once a day. :D

Mitzi, I love your very fluffy, flooffy tail! Did you catch it? Did your Meowmom choose your favorite toys from the basket? My cat-nephew Milo is funny - his toys are in a shallow plastic bowl, and if he goes to it and finds his favorite in the bowl (such as after vacuuming), he will take it back out.

RedHedd
08-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Mitzi, I love your very fluffy, flooffy tail! Did you catch it? Did your Meowmom choose your favorite toys from the basket? My cat-nephew Milo is funny - his toys are in a shallow plastic bowl, and if he goes to it and finds his favorite in the bowl (such as after vacuuming), he will take it back out.

:D what makes it funnier is that Mitzi's tail is not very long and neither is she; in fact she's very short/small bodied and kinda round :rolleyes: so there's this small furry ball whirling around my house :D

She, too, will go up to the toy basket and poke around to pick out a toy - I swear they're little kids in fur who talk funny :p

Edwina's Secretary
08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Eddie is toy obssessed. Most nights he picks out a toy from the toy baskets around the house....which he brings to me and leaves by the bed. I have never seen him do it.

I would be afraid if he chased his tail. He might catch it and then what???? (He is not too bright...)

It is interesting the diffrent reactions cats have to a friend vs. single cat.

But Mitzi coming out of her shell is a little bit of a silver lining to a sad situation.

Zippy
08-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Zippy and Pumpkin send meows and headbumps.Zippy lost her brother around 4 years ago and understands how hard it is.(((HUGS)))to Mitzi and you.

Pawla
08-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Aw thanks, everyone. Mitzi is fine, heck she's beyond fine. I think she's thrilled to be an only cat. As I've told some of you in PM's, and like Nancy the pet psychic said, I would see changes in her behavior almost immediately and it's true. Mitzi greets me at the door when I get home from work most days - something she NEVER did when Mishi was around. Usually she would stay hidden.

She doesn't hide as much anymore, loves sitting quietly with me while I watch TV, read or pay bills and stuff. We have playtime almost every evening; she has her own playtime after I go to bed. I now find mousies all over the house. Every evening she chases her tail on my bed while I'm trying to sleep - it's SO funny and cute. I've tried to catch a video of her doing it, but I'm usually laughing too much to hold the camera steady.

She's meowing a lot more too. Nancy said she is finding her voice and it's such a cute squeaky voice, one of her new nicknames is Squeaker.

So she's thriving as an only cat. I do miss Mishi; I don't think Mitzi does, but Nancy gave me such a good reading on Mishi's passing, that I've gotten a lot of closure on it. I'm grateful I had the honor of being his guardian for four years. I had always wanted an orange Maine Coon and now I can say I've had the pleasure of owning one. I'd do so again in a heartbeat, but Mitzi's well being and happiness comes first for me now.
I now get greeted at the door, instead of the "Oh your home look". I think Squeak enjoys being an only cat, but she's definitely more needy! I'm glad the two of you are doing well. :)