PDA

View Full Version : Creamsicle is home from her biopsy *Update 8/7

Medusa
08-02-2007, 07:42 AM
She's got that *(&^&((%$^% hair follicle infection again! I'm kinda miffed at my vet because he was going to do a biopsy while she was under the anesthesia for spaying but he said that her skin looked so good that he didn't do it. Well, now the infection is back, so he's talking biopsy again. Sigh. Aside from the fact that I feel so bad for my little girl, that means she's going to have to be put under again. And my finances are killing me! Oh well, such is life, I guess. Her appt. is tomorrow morning and I'll update as soon as I know something.

Donnaj4962
08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Oh my, poor you and poor Creamsicle. Maybe the vet won't charge for the anesthesia this time since he SHOULD have done it before and didn't. That could help. Many prayers for Creamsicle from me and the girls in Indiana that all goes well.

Medusa
08-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, there won't be any anesthesia tomorrow, that's for sure. He has to give her a shot first to clear up the infection. I'm hoping that I misunderstood my vet as far as treatment goes. He's VERY aggressive w/his vet care and he told me that the day we met. And he's not one to pad the bill either. My last visit there he gave me quite a hefty discount saving me several hundred dollars. So I'm thinking maybe I'm just not "getting it" and I intend to ask him about it tomorrow. He doesn't pull any punches so I'm not going to either. He's a great vet, very intuitive, so he's got to have a good reason for not doing the biopsy while she was already under the anesthesia. I just had a "oh dammit" moment when I realized the infection was back. Thanx, though, for the prayers. Cgirl can definitely use 'em.

K & L
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
What is a follicle infection, and how does this happen? I wondering since one of our ferals, Marshmellow, that resides in our backyard has a weird area on his neck. Fur missing and raw looking. He was recently at the vet and got an all clear on his health, so this is a new thing. It's not ringworm it's more like he's scratching it raw. I sure hope your little one gets well soon!

Medusa
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
It starts out feeling like little pimples. If your feral allows you to pet him, when you remove your hand, chances are good that it'll be covered w/cat hair. And the pimples have heads on them and you can pick one off like you would pull sections out of a paint brush. They're very itchy and the cat is just miserable w/it. Dr. Lee said that it occurs mainly in horses :eek: from standing in dirty stalls. Cgirl probably gets it from the litterbox even though I clean them several times a day. But, as I mentioned, her immune system is compromised so she can get things that my other cats wouldn't. Left untreated they can lose all their fur and it's so itchy, it's like having poison ivy. As it is, Cgirl lost hair on the top of her head and her chest. I went on a cleaning binge but Dr. Lee assured me that it's nothing that I was or was not doing. Hope this helps.

Laura's Babies
08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Poor girl! How do they treat this? I have never heard of it. It amazes me the things these kitties can get, so much like humans.. Hope he can get her fixed up asap and without a whole lot of problems for you or her.

Kirsten
08-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Poor girl! Too bad that your vet hasn't done the biopsy when she was already under anaesthesia!! How awful that she has to deal with that now! And I can totally relate to your worries about the financials!

Kirsten

lvpets2002
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
:( Awee poor wittle Creamsicle.. So sorry she feels bad with the skin condition again.. Maybe you might want to try another Vet.. I know I just Love my new Lady Vet.. She is very up to date on knowledge & with her equipment.. Get well soon wittle Creamsicle.. Huggss & Prayers being sent..

Craftlady
08-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Will keep good thoughts for her vet visit tomorrow.
I hope you can clear things up with your vet.

Medusa
08-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Nah, Dr. Lee is awesome. When I talk to him tomorrow, I'm sure he'll clear everything up for me. I'm just in a pissy faced mood. I made a special trip in to my other office for a client and she didn't show. I called her, no answer, left a voice mail and she didn't return my call. I'm just having one of those days and I've been letting it get the better of me. Oh well, my mantra is "Give me day and I'll be ok." As long as my Cgirl isn't itching too badly right now, I'll be fine after I talk to Dr. Lee. Sorry if I sounded whiney. I've just been going back and forth to the vet for months now w/one catastrophe after another while I'm slowly remodeling my house. Add running between two offices every day to the mix and you've got yourself a crazy blonde lady! Thanx for listening, friends, and I'll update as soon as I know more.

catmandu
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Aw Thats Too Bad When The Vet Assumes Things Will Be All Right And Then You Have To Go Through All That Stress And Expense Again. We Pray That This Time Your Creamsicles All Right And She Doesnt Have To Go Back Again.
The Found Cats Are Praying For Thier Friend.

lvpets2002
08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
;) I know Medusa you need one of these.. Well at least your not a Blonde from Oklahoma or Texas..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/prod_344_16530.gif

Medusa
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Now that's the best idea I've heard all day! :p

phesina
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Prayers and chants and meditations and good wishes and healing energies are coming from us for sweet Creamsicle!

Love,
Pat and the cats

jazzcat
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Poor Creamsicle. That infection sounds miserable! I'm so sorry it's back.

I understand your mood. I was the same way Monday with Ripley. It's not that I'm upset with vet or feel like she isn't doing enough or the right thing it's just my frustration because I know Rip is miserable and I don't know what to do. He gets grumpy too which he usually takes out on me.

Prayers and positive thoughts for Creamsicle.

Medusa
08-03-2007, 06:40 AM
I double booked myself today. So I had to reschedule Cgirl for Monday. I wanted to reschedule my other appt. but she'll be gone for two weeks if I don't meet w/her today, so I'm just going to have to give Cgirl medicated baths every day and her antibiotic. Sigh. I need a vacation. I'm tired.

kb2yjx
08-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Mary, enjoy a long soak in the tub and take some time for YOU!!! It is so easy to get overwhelmed. HUGS!!!

caffeitina
08-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Poor Creamsicle. I hope the vet can get her infection treated so she can be a happy cat once more :)

Medusa
08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I thought Dr. Lee was just going to give her a shot to clear up the infection but as soon as he walked in he said "I can see a scab on the top of her head!" Poor little thing has them all over her head, ears and neck and down her spine again. They spread so darned fast! He regrets not taking a biopsy when she was spayed but he said her skin was so clear, he thought it had cleared up for good. The good news is that she doesn't have to be put totally under anesthesia but she does have to be sedated because he essentially has to "punch a hole in her skin" to take the biopsy, as he expressed it. She was not a happy girl this morning, that's for sure. She's so adorable and sweet but she cried and yowled the entire drive there again and then hissed and growled all the while I held her while in the office. So I'll go back to pick her up later this afternoon. I'd appreciate some prayers for my little Cgirl. I'll post as soon as I pick her up.

Catty1
08-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Prayers for little Creamsicle. She will sure need lots of cuddles when she gets home.

Hope all is well - and Dr Lee will be able to nail it down this time! :)

Medusa
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, we just got home and, as usual, she bolted out of the carrier and ran around the house like a lunatic. The vet tech said that she was very calm and fuzzy from the sedation. I don't know what cat they were talkin' about but it ain't this one! What a Monday! Everywhere you drive in OH, it seems the roads are torn up w/detours, slow traffic, etc. The temp. is 86 w/high humidity and Crazy Cat won't stop making a fuss. Her meow is different from the other cats; it sounds like a squeaky door. Then I get hit w/another $400 vet bill today. (There goes my new bicycle.) I'll tell ya, my nerves are shot! But at least Creamsicle is ok. I think. I won't know the results of the biopsy for 5-7 days and she has to go back in 10 days to have the sutures removed. Between Puddy and Creamsicle alone, these last few months were a killer of the finances. But this is what I signed up for so I guess I shouldn't complain. It would be nice, though, to have money set aside for something fun once in a while instead of a catastrophe, yes? And to add insult to injury, she won't have anything to do w/me again. Ah the life of a crazy cat lady. :( Sorry to rant again but it seems like I live at my vet's this last year. I may as well set up a cot there and get it over with. :p

Killearn Kitties
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Aww, we are supporting you in spirit! We know what cats are like. :D
Fingers crossed for Creamsicle.

lvpets2002
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM
:) Mary I am so so glad Creamsicle is doing good.. I am sorry she is unhappy with you.. She will come around in time.. So in the mean time I offer you this once more..

Be Happy

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/prod_344_16530.gif

Sit & Relax

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/weekend12.gif

Medusa
08-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll get there. Just turned out to be an expensive day w/other stuff and this unexpected expense was a shocker. But my furkids are worth every penny. Sure hope they don't mind sharing their cat food w/me. ;)

jazzcat
08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll be sending positive thought that you get good news from the biopsy (and a break on your pocketbook).

Medusa
08-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Goodness, what happened there? My computer must've felt my frustration and it posted a repeat 3 times! Anyhow, I laid on the sofa for about 10 minutes just to gather my thoughts and calm myself down and little sweetie Cgirl hopped up on my lap and thrust her head into my hand, as if to say "Look at what Dr. Lee did to me, mom!" She has two spots where he took the biopsy and so I lightly rubbed her head a little and she just closed her eyes and relaxed. Here I am grouching because the biopsy put a hole in my finances but it also put a couple of holes in my Creamsicle's head! Ouch! I feel better now cuz I know she feels better now.

catmandu
08-06-2007, 05:25 PM
More prayers for Creamsicle and the Pet Angels will vist her and comfort her during her procedure.
They hopefully can sure that problem and Creamsicle will be happy and healthy once more.

momcat
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Prayers are still being prayed for Creamsicle and you too. Groucho says he's saying lots of kitty prayers for both of you too. Oh, by the way, Groucho said he'll share his catnip with you because it just might make you feel better.

kb2yjx
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Prayers heading your way Mary from ALL of the Clan!!!

Medusa
08-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Cgirl came flying up the stairs this morning, ready to start her day! Two punch holes to the skin in her head didn't slow her down one bit! We both got a good night's sleep and I'm sure that has a lot to do w/her energy and my attitude this morning. Amazing how sleep deprivation works on your mind, huh? Today, even though outside it looks like rain, everything looks bright!

phesina
08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Great news, Mary! Glad to hear things are winding down and getting back to normal.

Love to you and the Cgirl.