PDA

View Full Version : What a day!! (and its not even noon yet)

aly
07-26-2002, 11:09 AM
I just met my friend Shannon at the dog park so I could pick up hey doggy Miss Abby to watch for the weekend. Abby is a bit spoiled and has a very set routine. Thats why we met at the park. I wanted to be with her for awhile somewhere familiar before I took her home. She knows me but likes to forget me.

I got there about 10 min before Shannon so I was sitting at a picnic table with my dogs off leash. They ran a little bit up the path and said hi to a huge black lab, then ran back to me. The black lab decided to come over and say hello again. Lolly freaked (I think cause she was protecting me). She stepped toward the lab then hit the floor whimpering and yelping. My easy going angel of a dog Reece thought his sister was getting beat up so he charged at the labbie's butt!!!!!!!!!!! The lab turned around really annoyed and stood over Reece snarling. Then Reece hit the floor and was twisting all over the place screaming. It sounded REALLY bad but he wasn't getting hurt at all. I stepped in there and picked him up. No one was hurt but it was quite embarrassing for me :rolleyes: That lab had to be over 100 lbs of pure muscle.

Then after Shannon came with Abby, I had a hard time getting Abby to walk. She only wanted to sit and stare and wait for her mommy. So I had to carry her a really long way. She finally started to walk but was still looking for mom. She's here now barking and growling at the cats (she gets along with them but barks and growls at ones she doesn't know). Moby is intrigued, Angelo is cautious, and Shiloh is annoyed.

This is going to be a stressful weekend I think, hehe. I will post some pics of the Abby girl later today.

sottice
07-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Aly,
Hope your day gets better! :)

lovemymaltese
07-26-2002, 11:41 AM
I hope that your day gets a little brighter.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-26-2002, 11:51 AM
I hope you have plenty of aspirin on hand! Hopefully things will calm down soon. Good luck!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Sounds like you are gonna have an exciting weekend!;)
Can't wait to see the pictures!!!:D

sasvermont
07-26-2002, 12:47 PM
Sounds like you are going to be up to your eyes in pets. Try drinking more wine and they will work out the rest!

Just kidding. Keep us posted on the fiasco!

:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :D

Tanya&Fritz
07-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Try drinking more wine and they will work out the rest!

Just kidding. Keep us posted on the fiasco!

:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :D

This sounds like the perfect solution to me!!!

aly
07-26-2002, 03:36 PM
Here's little Miss Abby!!
(She didn't ride on top of the backseat in the car when I was driving, she was in her crate. When I opened her crate when we got home is when she jumped up there)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p43bdcc1f3bb132a68f5cb8c8acb42bf7/fd7c217f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p962b1bc5a961e4d8e65ae1c0cdc42eef/fd7c217e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p1770e26891bac473dc3930d99a6aeed8/fd7c217a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p9eafa5de42c012a259a50f3402a4be68/fd7c2175.jpg

mugsy
07-26-2002, 04:02 PM
She is really cute, but looks a bit spoiled...a lot like ours!! lol I like the aspirin...perhaps some valium for the poochies!! lol J/K. Ours are blissfully quiet for about 2 minutes until the next car drives by or a blade of grass has the audacity to move. Not only that it's looking like a possible storm which is never good for Billy and Shawna. Oh well, I'm done taking up your time on YOUR thread!

She is a doll and I'll bet the others calm down pretty quickly. The first couple of hours are always the worst and very stressful.

sottice
07-26-2002, 04:03 PM
She's such a cutie!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-26-2002, 04:03 PM
awwww what a cutie!!!!! I didn't know she was a dauchsund!!! I just love dauchsunds!!! Is she settling in o.k.? Are yall having fun?!?!:)

sisterdog
07-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Abby is a real cutie! I didn't know dachshunds came in a blue merle color - she sure is pretty.

tatsxxx11
07-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Awww, what a cutie! But, it sounds like your going to have your hands full this weekend! So, what else is new for our Aly??:D I'd advise keeping the aspirin AND the wine close at hand!!;) Keep us posted! Oh, and the thought of Reece labbie butt "butting" is too funny!!:D Just happy that no one was hurt! Except perhaps some egos!

aly
07-26-2002, 06:47 PM
She's settling in pretty well. She napped in the sun by the window for a little while this afternoon but spent most of the time on my chest. I am surprised because she usually wants nothing to do with me. The kitties still make her really nervous and she's such a little yapper at any little sound. Reece keeps looking at her like "Why do you keep disturbing my beauty sleep?"

sisterdog - Abby's color is called dapple. They are a bit more rare than the black & tan and red dachshunds. Very cute, huh?! :D

lizbud
07-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Aly,

Miss Abby is adorable. She sure looks like a little Princess.
I have a dear friend at work who has two long haired doxies.
Talk about spoiled.... :D Hope your weekend goes smoothly.

Dixie Belle
07-26-2002, 09:57 PM
The pup is a cutie. I hope your weekend goes okay. Just keep in mind, that it will come to an end....one day.....

Cincy'sMom
07-27-2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
Aly,

Miss Abby is adorable. She sure looks like a little Princess.
I have a dear friend at work who has two long haired doxies.
Talk about spoiled.... :D Hope your weekend goes smoothly.

agreed! Our next door neighbor (who is 82) also has a spoiled long haired dox. Think it is the breed that inspires spoiling?

Rachel
07-27-2002, 07:02 AM
I had to laugh at your Lolly and Reece's screaming bloody murder when no one even touched them. My Tizzie used to do that too when a strange dog came a bit too close. If I hadn't been there I would have sworn she had been mortally wounded, but the other dog didn't even get within 6 inches of her.

Hope you and Abby and the rest have a good weekend. Sometimes you can help set the tone for these drama queens by just acting natural and not reacting to all their fuss. Instead of speaking in a reassuring tone, just act as if nothing is the matter and talk normally, even ignoring them slightly. They really are like spoiled little kids.

KYS
07-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Take a deep breath and relax.
Your weekend will get better. :)
Abby is a cutie.

sottice
07-27-2002, 08:01 PM
So, it's Saturday night now. How's it going so far? Have the pups calmed down any? :eek:

sammi
07-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Where are you tonight Aly? Down at the local pub? LOL:D

ChewmonkeyBC
07-27-2002, 09:28 PM
Aww shes too cute,my aunt has a very spoiled doxin that thinks she is bigger than every one
-Kayla

lizbud
07-27-2002, 09:28 PM
Cincy's mom,

I DO think it's the breed that just invites the spoiling.
They have such tiny little faces & bodies, but they feel &
act like Great Danes or something. :D For instance, when
you look at a Reese or a Miss Abby, what's the first thing
you feel like doing, picking them up to cuddle, right?
They are so cute & can be quite the characters. LOL.

lizbud
07-27-2002, 09:31 PM
Sammi,

:D :D :D Good one. LOL.

aly
07-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Everything is going pretty smoothly. This is one yappy dog though :) Every time a leaf falls off a tree, YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YAP YAP!!!!!!!!! She's still weary of the cats but is doing better. She's made herself right at home.

I've actually had a semi-relaxing weekend. I've taken several naps but every time I sleep, I'm awakened by the little yapper.

AdoreMyDogs
07-27-2002, 10:51 PM
She is very cute :) She sounds like the type of dog who keeps the ear plug companies in business :) I hope it's pretty sound proof at your apartment!

ChewmonkeyBC
07-27-2002, 11:01 PM
I had a doxin that wasnt really spoiled,but i think that all Doxins try to be the Alpha breed,my schnouzer thinks hes bigger than every even though hes smaller than everyone lol....
good luck
-Kayla:)

kohala
07-28-2002, 03:38 AM
For some reason I was thinking of a bigger dog, so I busted up laughing when I saw her pictures!! We only children (she is an only doggie, right?) can be pretty demanding!!! Maybe some doggie downers would help!! We had to give Grasshopper Kitty Kalmers when she was boarded one time (the condo was being tented for termites). She wasn't too thrilled, I can tell you!! The things we do for friends we love!! Hang in there, Aly!

Rachel
07-28-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by kohala
For some reason I was thinking of a bigger dog, so I busted up laughing when I saw her pictures!!

The same with me!

aly
07-28-2002, 01:54 PM
Yes, she is an only child!!! Shannon admits she did everything wrong with Abby when she was a puppy. She does a lot better now that she knows more things but Abby is still queen of her household.

Abby and Reece went on a date last night to Yappy Hour! We had a great time but I forgot the camera :( (Yappy Hour is an event at Petsmart where you bring your dogs to play).

aly
07-28-2002, 07:04 PM
Well Abby is back home with mommy now. I miss the little girl but my eardrums are a little relieved :D :D

I'm going to be moving up to the north part of town which is closer to Shannon and Abby so expect more pics of Reece and Abby together :)

kohala
07-28-2002, 07:08 PM
Your friend must be very special, as you are a truly good friend to her!! That's soo cool!!!:cool: Looking forward to more group pics!!!

Rachel
07-28-2002, 09:25 PM
Oh, that is such a cute idea. I'm going to call our PetsMart to see if they are going to have anything like that.

wolf_Q
07-31-2002, 01:28 AM
She's too cute! She reminds me of my aunt's RB dachie, Gretel. She was black/tan, and the sister of Heidi who is still alive. Gretel passed away when we were visiting them in Boise for Thanksgiving I believe. :( Anyhoo, Heidi is around 14 or so, and she does not like cats (or any creatures I believe...she just chased a skunk and got sprayed) My aunt's daughter, Megan, and her husband are moving from Alaska to Las Vegas (LOL what a change!)...and they have 2 cats......my aunt (who now lives in Utah) gets to watch them while they get moved in...in a small apartment.....lol........that should be fun......

Dogz
07-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Abby is so cute! I just can't wait for pics!:D They will be great!

felinequine
07-31-2002, 04:21 PM
The 'alpha' thing is definately a dachie thing.my Daphne is the same way.Anybody walking in the house, BOWROW ROW ROW! (she IS a hound, after all, she sounds like a big dog when she's alarmed!) :D Abby is so cute.I love those dapples.:D