PDA

View Full Version : Happy Gotcha Day, Howard (Updated w/ photos #5)

caffeitina
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Howard!!

Three years ago, I adopted my handsome boy from a local animal rescue. I had gone there intending to adopt an adult cat, but just didn't "click" with any of the fully grown kitties (they were all gorgeous, but none of them asked me to take them home).

Then the woman who ran the shelter said: "I know you wanted an adult cat, but just let me show you the Kitten Room."

Soon I had no fewer than 20 kittens swarming around my feet and ankles. I first picked up a small, smoky grey fluff ball and started to pet it...and soon I heard a very loud "purrrrrrrrrrrr". Thing was, the purring wasn't coming from the cat I was holding, but from a little white-bibbed, white-nosed, green-eyed, grey & black tabby that had latched his front claws deep into my left calf. As soon as I looked at him, he climbed the leg of my jeans as if it were a tree. The shelter owner took the grey fluff from me so I could detatch the kitten from my leg. As soon as I held him, his "attention" purr turned into a "happiness" purr.

"Oh look! Howard chose you," said the shelter owner. "You'd better take him home."

So I did. :D

Howard started off being a fiesty, frisky, spastic kitten who liked to nip, scratch, attack, and try to wrestle me and Jim as though we were his littermates instead of his mom and dad--even though Jim is Howard's favorite person (in fact, the first moment Howard met Jim, he crawled up onto Jim's chest and started "grooming" his goatee). For about the first year, we thought Howard was going to be Psychocat. Not so.

Howard has since mellowed and become such the loverboy. He greets us every morning and lets us know he loves us. He gives lots of head scrubbies (sometimes kisses) and loves to be pet and pet and pet and pet.......and he never tires of it. Nowdays, he wouldn't dream of biting or scratching--unless it was completely by accident. Or unless his little sister, Luna, really provoked him. Howard adores his parents, his little sis, rainbow sherbert, "his" mushroom chair, and his Kit-n-Caboodle catfood. Howard is an awesome cat & I'm so happy I adopted him.

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY HOWARD!!! You sure chose a wonderful home and sound adorable. I'd love to see some pictures of you.:)

NoahsMommy
08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Awww, what a sweet and wonderful "Gotcha Day" story. Howard sounds like a truly fabulous and a very special boy! I'm so glad he picked you three years ago as well! :)

:D HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, HOWARD!!! :D

Oh yea, ditto on the pictures...he sounds gorgeous...in a boy way, of course. ;)

Laura's Babies
08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Howard! This is such a special day for you and your Mommie and Cat Dad and may you and your family have a great day!

Happy Gotcha Day!

caffeitina
08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Howard thanks you all for the Gotcha Day wishes. Here are some photos :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2007, 09:18 PM
AWWWW!!!! He's so adorable.:) Thanks for posting his pictures.:)

Sevaede
08-01-2007, 09:19 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY HOWARD!!

:D

caffeitina
08-01-2007, 09:28 PM
AWWWW!!!! He's so adorable.:) Thanks for posting his pictures.:)

Thank you. Howard's my handsome boy...he just doesn't know how cute he is (he doesn't "work it" and "flaunt it" like his little sis does). He just knows what gets him petting and food (and what gets him in trouble) and goes with what works best ;)

p.s. Here's a pic of Howard and his little sis, Luna.

jazzcat
08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Howard!

I love the sink picture. Such cuties.

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Happy Gotcha Day, handsome Howard! What a cutie. :D
You look adorable in that sink with your lovely sister.

CultureJunky
08-02-2007, 05:03 AM
What a heartwarming story about Howard and his life with you.
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY HOWARD..... CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON! la la la la da da da da... :D

caffeitina
08-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Thank you all! Howard had a wonderful Gotcha Day :D He woke me up, bright and early, pawing at the door (he's not allowed in the bedroom at night, because he wouldn't allow anyone to get any sleep). I let him in, and he demanded, not asked for, but demanded attention for at least 20 minutes....meowing VERY loudly whenever I stopped petting him for more than 10 seconds. He head-scrubbed, flopped down, rolled back and forth, kneeded the air, and just totally relished in the petting. At one point he even pushed his sister out of the way so he could have ALL the attention for himself. He then enjoyed a nice breakfast of his favorite cat food...and even managed to mooch a piece of roast beef while I was making lunch. My guess is he spent the rest of the day (while I was at work) being lazy--either on "his" spot in the middle of the bed or in "his" mushroom chair. For a before-bed treat, he mooched a spoonful of blueberry yougart (again, he bumped his sis out of the way so she couldn't get near it). All-in-all...a cat couldn't ask for a better day. :D

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
WOW! What a GREAT gotcha day you had Howard! :D

catmandu
08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Howard, The Found Cats Are So Taken With Your Story. You Knoew Your Guardian From Day One And Chose Her Right Away With No Hesitation. Thats What We Call A Determined Little Cat And Now You Have Another Gotcha Day. Concatulations From The Found Cat Paradise Hotel And May You Have Many Many More!!!

phesina
08-02-2007, 05:31 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, HOWARD!!!!!

Your friends in Ann Arbor,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel