PDA

View Full Version : any good books???

Genny
08-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I asked this in the pet general, but guess maybe it got over looked so I'll ask here ;)

Can anyone recommend any good books about dogs/cats/any kind of pet that are true stories?? I enjoy reading at night and over the years read every book that I have LOL so if anyone knows of any heart warming books please tell me what they're called!

Genny

Karen
08-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Marley & Me!

Zippy
08-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Chicken soup for the cat lover's soul :D

Marigold2
08-01-2007, 05:40 PM
James Harriot wrote the following books.

All Creatures Great and Small
All Things Bright & Beautiful
All Things Wise and Wonderful
The Lord God made them all
James Harriot's Yorkshire

These are funny, sweet, true stories of an English vet. You will laugh and cry.

Another excellent book is Watership Down.

AbbyMom
08-01-2007, 06:30 PM
"The Cat Who Came for Christmas" by Cleveland Amory.

Cleveland Amory is the former president of the Fund for Animals. But he was not originally a cat lover. This story is about a rescued cat who adopted him.

He has many humorous and light-hearted true stories about this cat with loads of personality.

Genny
08-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Hey thanks guys :)
I'm definitely gonna check those out!!

Zippy, I just got thru reading the Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It was really good so if you liked the cat you'll probably love this one--

Actually last night I went to the chickensoup web~site and was going to order a book I found called 'Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul' but it wouldn't let me order it? I don't know why!? Could they maybe be out of that book???

KittyGurl
08-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Marley & Me!

I love that book!

I'm trying to think. I can't think of any true stories, but I'm thinking...

Alysser
08-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Pet Miracles
Dog Miracles
Cat Miracles

These books are very sweet and have alot of heart-warming tales of heroic dogs, cats, and just pets in general. :)

Karen
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM

Zippy, I just got thru reading the Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It was really good so if you liked the cat you'll probably love this one--

Actually last night I went to the chickensoup web~site and was going to order a book I found called 'Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul' but it wouldn't let me order it? I don't know why!? Could they maybe be out of that book???

Check your local library - it has been out for a while, soI bet they have it!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Denise (Brody's mom) sent me a great "cat-book" last year.
It is called "Cat confidencial" and it is written by Vicky Halls. Highly recommended!!

jackie
08-03-2007, 01:12 PM

I have it, if I can dig it out, I will send it to you. :)

Genny
08-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I have it, if I can dig it out, I will send it to you.

Hey Jackie, that would be nice of you. Don't feel like you have to though, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere if I keep on searching! Maybe Books-A-Million? I haven't been there much, but I know they do have books to read like that so they might have it?

jackie
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't feel like I have to. :p

If you would like me to find and send it to you, no problem, I think I got it at the salvation army for 50 cents.