PDA

View Full Version : ~~Meet Skid Mathias~~UPDATE 8/2/07 POST 22~~

lvpets2002
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
;) Hello all I am the newest & room-mates with the girls & Rastus Gem.. The Vet named me Skid because I was brought in after someone threw me out of a car window going 60mph two weeks ago.. My face skidded on the pavement & I lost my lower lip & some jaw bone.. My guardian angel was called & came & supported my surgery to put my face back together.. My Vet did such a great job.. My stitches came out yesterday.. I was put in my guardian angels arms last night & here I am full of life & love..

See how well the Vet patched me up..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/008-1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/009.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/006.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/002-5.jpg

RedHedd
08-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh! What a pretty kitty you are, sweet Skiddles! You had a really good plastic surgeon there! I can't tell that you've had any work done at all - you look MAHVELOUS!

lvpets2002
08-01-2007, 11:20 AM
;) Many thanks.. Yes my Vet did great.. I am shy of showing my face.. My meowmom kept trying to get a close look on camera & so far this is all I would poss for.. We try for better pics later..

Catty1
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Mathias Skid...you are a handsome and good looking boy with the sweetest face! I would love to see more pics of you.

I hope your owies are all healed and you feel better, and can eat all you want! :)

lvpets2002
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
;) Well thanks.. Yes I have to eat soft food for a while.. But I dont mind..
Mathias Skid...you are a handsome and good looking boy with the sweetest face! I would love to see more pics of you.

I hope your owies are all healed and you feel better, and can eat all you want! :)

Edwina's Secretary
08-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I agree with Redhedd.... I must get the name of your surgeon (one never knows.... ;) ;) ;) )

You are a brave and special kitty...and a pox on the head of the people who threw you out of the car.....

Edwina

Laura's Babies
08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh Man! This makes me want to cry! How could anybody throw a living creature from a car going that fast! It is just to bad they couldn't get the tag number on that car.... those people would have been in a LOT of trouble. The fact that Skid survived makes him ever so special. Now he will never have to worry about being so mistreated again... he is HOME!

Hay! What does Rastus think about this new kid in the house! I hope they become great buddies!

lvpets2002
08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
;) Oh Rastus just sat & looked at Skid last night.. Then when it was bedtime Rastus made sure he had his sleeping spot by meowmoms face for the night.. Then this morning the two were back to sitting with each other & play playing..

Sevaede
08-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Awww! Skid, welcome and what a beautiful boy you are! I hope those people that did that to you get what's coming to them. :(

Kirsten
08-01-2007, 12:44 PM
He looks beautiful!! Skid Mathias, you have the cutest little orangie face, and one would never think you had such a surgery!!! I'm glad that there are people who were there to help you, like your vet, and your new mommy! :)

But it breaks my heart that someone threw a living creature out of the car window. How awful!!

Glad you found a new friend in Rastus, and a home! :)

Kirsten

cassiesmom
08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Sweet Skid! Now Rastus Gem will have some help with all the girls! You look MAHVELOUS is right! *little smooch for healing orange head*

NoahsMommy
08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Sweet Baby....you sure are a handsome man. One would never know you'd had work done, like the others have said. WOW...you sure are a spunky little guy, aren't you??

Karma is a strong and unforgiving thing...it'll go right back around, don't you worry little one. Just like you were taken care of when you needed it. :) ((((gentle hugs))))

Enjoy your life, sweet boy. You're very special and you always will be.

:)

catmandu
08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
What a great reversal of fortune for that Little Orange Man , to go from cruel idiots to one Of the Finest Furr Ever Homes on Pet Talk. And a fantastic job by that surgeon.
He looks so much like Michael must have looked like at that age.
Theres definitley a BIG Cat Nip Mouse in Skid Mathiases Future.
Micheal and Miquelito insist.
God Bless You for rescuing him.

phesina
08-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, little Skid Mathias! You have been rescued from unspeakable awfulness and find yourself now in one of the finest kitty homes in the world.. You have a young guy to pal around with and a whole bunch of girl friends!

Oh what a gorgeous guy you are! What a great job the vet did.

God bless this wonderful vet and God bless you, wonderful Helene, for coming to the rescue of this innocent boy!

Love, skritches, and purrs,
Pat and the kitties

P.S., What goes around comes around. I sure hope that sub-human who threw him from a speeding car gets his (or hers) (or its) in spades.

momcat
08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Skid Mathias! You are one handsome little heart thief and will have many PT fans before you know it.

In spite of the horrible way you were treated, I hope you'll come to understand that not all people are like that. Now that you found your furever home and family, you're going to know nothing but love and caring. There's nothing for you to be afraid of anymore, you're a PT kitty now!

Sending you lots of welcome scritchies and tummy rubs plus some smoochies too :D

kb2yjx
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
SKID!!! You are a heartbreaker and an ORANGEMAN to boot!!!! GLad you are in your FOREVER home!!!!

sasvermont
08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
They what?

You are certainly one wonderful kitty, Skiddles boy. I hope and trust the rest of your furry life will be effortless and filled with lots of treats and head bumpies. I am glad you found your forever home.

I cannot believe how low some folks will stoop. My heart aches thinking about the terror that must have been in your heart during that awful event. I hope your memory was erased.

Welcome to pet talk dear Skid Mathias....who I shall call Skiddles boy, for now.

:D

Medusa
08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Skid was supposed to find you; it's just too bad it had to happen the way it did. But his memory of it is already erased because he found his real, wonderful mom. Here's wishing you and this handsome, sweet boy many many happy years together!

Pawla
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Bless you for taking this beautiful baby. I just don't understand people who mistreat the innocent. Thank God he found you! Now he will have a full life filled with happiness and love. :D Looking forward to seeing more pics of precious Skid.

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2007, 09:15 PM
He sure is a cutie pie.:) I'm so sorry to hear that some idiots threw him out of a car window.:mad: I'm so glad that you were able to adopt him and give him the wonderful life he deserves.:)

caffeitina
08-01-2007, 09:33 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/006.jpg

I think this pic is my favorite :D

Skid is adorable! I love orange kitties! My parents have a fat, spoiled orange (named Babycakes), and Skid reminds me a lot of her when she was much younger. It's the facial expression as much as the coloring... Anyway, I'm so happy Skid found his way to you. He's a lucky kitty. And I'm sure he'll lead a spoiled life from now on :)

lvpets2002
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
;) Update pics of Skid's mouth.. Pics dont show real well but his lower gum is gone.. In his first pic (post 1) you can sorta see the lower gum dont meet the upper.. I tried to get close up pics & this wiggle worm was like I dont think so.. He is such a fisty guy & so sweet.. You should see him & Rastus play & play..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/002-6.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/001-6.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/003-4.jpg

Catty1
08-02-2007, 02:51 PM
It does look good though...that surgeon is great!

I am wondering, since he is young, if the area will regenerate to some extent.

If he is playing and stuff, he sure isn't worried!

THANK YOU for helping him!

lvpets2002
08-02-2007, 02:59 PM
:) Oh heck between eating & playing & getting meowmom's love = this wittle guy has not a worry in the world.. I will have to ask the Vet but I dont know why new tissue & skin couldn't grow back.. Now he has to eat soft food for a while due to his jaw is still tender & the skin is tender.. I check him often to make sure all looks good.. Yes his/my Vet she did just a great job.. Because he whole lower jaw was wide open & the skin pealed back.. He & Rastus are just perfect together.. Only 2 wks of age & 1/2 lb apart.. They just go & go.. They are too cute.. Its funny just watching the big girls just watching them like a movie going on.. :D
It does look good though...that surgeon is great!

I am wondering, since he is young, if the area will regenerate to some extent.

If he is playing and stuff, he sure isn't worried!

THANK YOU for helping him!

orangemm
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Skid, I think you are a most handsome young man and so very lucky! I cannot imagine what would possess a human to treat an animal in such a horrendous way, but rest assured that names are being taken.

Your reconstruction looks wonderful and I imagine you will not be hampered in any way.

I am just so thankful that you are in a safe, happy, and loving home!!! And better yet, you have some wonderful playmates and a very loving meowmie. Bless her for taking you in.

Happy happy endings!!

Medusa
08-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, he looks pretty darned handsome to me! The vet did a great job! I've had 3 bone grafts done on my jaw and my dr. told me to eat soft foods for a while. Right. I'm part feline; we listen to no one. It isn't exactly the same surgery, obviously, but I told you this only because I know how cats are and he'll probably want to eat crunchy stuff sooner rather than later. Cats are tough cookies! :p

jennielynn1970
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh that sweet boy! How could anyone do something like that is beyond me. That poor little guy. I'm so glad he is in good hands now though!

Big hugs and kisses to Skid Mathias!

cassiesmom
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
lvpets2002, how are Skiddles and Rastus Gem? Are they holding their own with the kitty girls?

lvpets2002
08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
:p Oh Heck the two of them are so bonded that they dont even pay attention to the other girls.. The girls are all older & dont seem to pay attention to the wittle boys.. These two boys play/eat/sleep together just like if they were litter mates.. All is very happy in the Cat Clann here.. Thanks for asking.. New pics soon..
lvpets2002, how are Skiddles and Rastus Gem? Are they holding their own with the kitty girls?

catmandu
08-16-2007, 06:31 PM
There Are Two Big Orange Cats At The Pet Vet In Stoney Creek Where I Used To Go. They Were Found As Young Cats Where Someone Left Them In A Box On The Median In Frontof The Clinic On A Very Busy Street. Thank God Like Skid Mathias And Bump They Have Found A Wonderful Home. They Are Chevy And Dodge the Clinic Cats Who have So Many Friends Among The Clients Who Love To Pet Them.

Barbara
08-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Welcome sweet Skid Mathias :)
You are a lucky kitty and a very cute one too. I am so glad you survived and found the bestet home AND a new brother. May you never again have any worry on earth.
As opposite to whoever did this to you.

momcat
08-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi again, Skid! I'm so happy to know that you're doing so well and thriving on your new Meowmie's love and care. How wonderful that you and your brother get on so nicely playing and sleeping together. You found yourself a wonderful Meowmie who will love you, care for you, and give you the secure happy life that every kitty deserves. Scritchies and tummy rubs just for you, sweetie!

cassiesmom
08-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi, Skiddles, hunnybunny ... I'm just here again, dropping by to see the pictures of your cuteness ... could you please have your mom give you this for me: *little kiss on head of healing kitty* Say hi to Rastus and the ladies for me too!

Your Fan,
Elyse

lvpets2002
08-24-2007, 03:03 PM
;) ;) For Sure Meowmomie will pass on the little kiss on head of healing kitty & a big hug to Rastus.. I should be trying to get new pics of the playfull boys.. I know these two boys stay busy playing with each other.. They both so sweet..
Hi, Skiddles, hunnybunny ... I'm just here again, dropping by to see the pictures of your cuteness ... could you please have your mom give you this for me: *little kiss on head of healing kitty* Say hi to Rastus and the ladies for me too!

Your Fan,
Elyse

phesina
08-24-2007, 07:27 PM
My dearest Taccoa, it is so nice to know you have a couple of brothers now, so when I come to see you I'll have some guys to hang out and watch the game with (while all you girls are busy in the kitchen [JUST KIDDING! ha ha]), too!

Your loving, devoted Elmer

lvpets2002
08-25-2007, 09:37 AM
;) Hello My Dearest Elmer.. Yes us girls will cook up goody yum yums in the kitchen & you boys can watch football.. Come on over.. Your SweetHeart Taccoa ;)
My dearest Taccoa, it is so nice to know you have a couple of brothers now, so when I come to see you I'll have some guys to hang out and watch the game with (while all you girls are busy in the kitchen [JUST KIDDING! ha ha]), too!

Your loving, devoted Elmer

cassiesmom
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Precious Skid Mathias! How big you've grown! But no less handsome. Happy Valentine's Day, sweet boy.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/motivator6840667.jpg

phesina
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Dear little brother-in-law, how are you? You must be growing like a weed! Please get your Meowmom to take some new pictures of you so we can see how big and handsome you are.

Your brother-in-law Elmer

lvpets2002
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
;) Well Many Thanks You All.. Yes meowmom needs to get the digi loaded with new pics.. We will be working on this ok..