PDA

View Full Version : Happy 5th Birthday Jax! (1st August) UPDATED WITH PICS

Nobas Mom
08-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Hey PTers,

Since I'm at work and don't have time tomorrow to post, I thought I would post this today.... wish my sweet one a great day tomorrow!!! :D

My Dear Jax,

Five years ago I decided that I wanted a kitten, so off to the human society I go. Upon entering the building, I noticed a tiny grey / black striped kitten in a cage. I was told by the worker there that you, whom they had named Johnny, was featured as the "pet of the week". Well lo and behold something about you captured my attention. I quickly took a look at the other cats and kittens in the place, but my mind kept coming back to you. So after telling the lady at the adoption desk that I was interested in you, I went back to your cage. You came up to me (all 1lb of you and head bumped the cage).

You spent your first night at home sleeping on my head licking my wet hair from my shower. That became a ritual for us. You would sleep on my head and purr in my ear to put me to sleep. You were so little you couldn't jump on the bed by yourself. Who would have thought that 5 years later, you would top the scales at 16 lbs!!! But that's just 16 lbs of you to love, and I love every inch of you.

We've been through a lot together, my sweet kitty. From the tumor removal on your foot when you were just 14 months old, to the cross country road trip we took together where I thought I'd lost you in Kansas (thank goodness you had never seen snow and stopped when you reached it), to the many moves since we've been in Washington. You are definitely a military member's cat.

You've been though a lot of changes dear kitty of mine, but with each one you adapt with determination like I've never seen. You decided that Noba could stay after a few months of bickering between the two of you, even though you knew deep down in that if I had ever had to chose between the two of you, that YOU are the one that I could never live without. But it never came to that, and I think you had a lot to do with it!!

Anyway, the last 5 years have been filled with so much love. More love than I ever thought one animal could give. You've been my saving grace on bad days, and my comic relief on boring days. You will forever be my heart-pet and I look forward to many many many more long years with you, Jaxie cat... I love you!!! Happy Birthday!

My Sweet Birthday Boy... doing the things he does best... sleeping and being lazy!!!
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/tiffg78/IMG_0326.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/tiffg78/IMG_0327.jpg

Laura's Babies
08-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Happy Birthday Jax! May you enjoy the day and be spoliled with treats and lots of love!

Catty1
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Happy 5th Birthday, loving Jax! I am sure you are in for some extra spoiling today! Headbumpies to you! :)

Sevaede
08-01-2007, 12:57 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAX! :D