PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for dinner

Hellow
07-31-2007, 11:52 PM
I ate fried chicken, Black Eyed Peas, and french fries for dinner. What did everyone else eat?

caseysmom
07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
You just gave away your location :D

Catty1
07-31-2007, 11:57 PM
11 pm...gonna have broiled beef, steamed veggies, and...some bread kinda thing. :)

caseysmom
08-01-2007, 12:02 AM
its 10pm and I just put tequila lime chicken wings in the oven :eek:

Catty1
08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
its 10pm and I just put tequila lime chicken wings in the oven

TRADE??? :D

Hellow
08-01-2007, 12:08 AM
You just gave away your location :D

If you guessed the South, your right! LOL

caseysmom
08-01-2007, 12:36 AM
If you guessed the South, your right! LOL

Yep thats it...although I am in california and I like them.

Catty, they are pretty good, pre-cooked in the frozen section of costco...I am quit the gourmet. :D

luvofallhorses
08-01-2007, 12:44 AM
pork chop sandwiches from the freeway restuarunt we have here. :) I still have half of mine left it will make a good lunch tomorrow with some chips. :D

shais_mom
08-01-2007, 01:10 AM
I wasn't feeling very good all day - nauseated allllllll day.
I had a Turkey Subway sub on Mont cheddar with Provolone cheese, lettuce, mayo and pickles.
It set pretty good in my stomach.

wombat2u2004
08-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Rack of lamb.
Baked........potatoes
.......sweet potato
.......pumpkin
Green beans
Broccoli
All covered in traditional pan gravy.

Giselle
08-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Yumm, I went to grab a quickie dinner at a local Chaat place. I loveeee Indian food, but I had something modern/americanized Indian today. It was like a vegetarian naan wrap with some unbelievable paneer. My goodness. It's the first time I actually ate a hunk of cheese and not get nauseous!

CathyBogart
08-01-2007, 01:34 AM
I had a burrito from Chipotle. :) Barbacoa, fajita toppings, and their mild salsa. YUMMY!

jennielynn1970
08-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Rack of lamb.
Baked........potatoes
.......sweet potato
.......pumpkin
Green beans
Broccoli
All covered in traditional pan gravy.

Who's in for moving to Wom's house?! If this is what he eats normally, I'll rent a room in a heart beat!!

Any rooms for rent, Wom??!! ;) :D

I'm tired of eating alone. It gets old.

Hellow
08-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Who's in for moving to Wom's house?! If this is what he eats normally, I'll rent a room in a heart beat!!

Any rooms for rent, Wom??!! ;) :D

I'm tired of eating alone. It gets old.

Count me in! LOL!

jennielynn1970
08-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Dinner here, eaten alone as it is every night.... Kefir Raspberry cultured yoghurt smoothie and a pocketless pita from the Syrian store. Added some kalmata olives and some marinated grilled chicken and the cucumber sauce that I put on the rice and salads. I eat basically turkish/ lebanese/ syrian/ egyptian foods. Love it more when it's authentic, but I can get it pretty close by some of women who back and cook for the stores around me.

Was in the mood for Thai as well. Maybe will have that tomorrow. Love rice and the sweetness of the coconut milk and how it takes away some of the heat of the curry. Yummy veggies too.

Still would rather share dinners with a friend or roommate if I had one. I miss those days. Cooking together. Cleaning up. Inviting boyfriends, friends, and making a big deal out of our meals. It was a good time and was social. I miss that too. I think I've lived alone too long. :rolleyes: :o :(

jennielynn1970
08-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Count me in! LOL!

Hey Wom, look at that! You already will have 2 paying tenants!! But we do expect to have 3 squares a day, and will gladly help in the kitchen! And if Reggie knows how to cool those awesome southern style meals, he's gotta be there!! Reg, make sure you know how to make some spicy greens fried up with potatoes, and some good chicken, and a really good jambalaya. Yummmm Maybe we need to have some long distace get togethers with all the good cooks attending!

anna_66
08-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Awwww Stac, sorry your feeling ill. Hope your better today.

I eat basically turkish/ lebanese/ syrian/ egyptian foods.

Still would rather share dinners with a friend or roommate if I had one.
Wow, I've never eaten any of those types of food (don't even know if it's available in my area:o) but it does sound quite yummy. So bring some on over here and you won't have to eat alone:) I'll even do the dishes-I hate doing dishes too!

I had a burrito from Chipotle. :) Barbacoa, fajita toppings, and their mild salsa. YUMMY!
OMG, I LOVE Chipotle. Just wish I didn't have to drive half an hour to get to one:(

We had a quick dinner of Tuna helper-Creamy Parmesan with frozen mixed vegges added and a slice of carrot cake for desert. Very yummy.

Nobas Mom
08-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Unfortunately I had to work, so I grabbed a Tombstone frozen single pizza from the freezer and ate that with some pretzels and a much needed cup of coffee.... ugh, tomorrow night since I'm off, I'll make a nice chicken dinner!!!

wombat2u2004
08-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Hey Wom, look at that! You already will have 2 paying tenants!! But we do expect to have 3 squares a day, and will gladly help in the kitchen! And if Reggie knows how to cool those awesome southern style meals, he's gotta be there!! Reg, make sure you know how to make some spicy greens fried up with potatoes, and some good chicken, and a really good jambalaya. Yummmm Maybe we need to have some long distace get togethers with all the good cooks attending!

Geez.......I thought I may get some mouths watering when I posted that :D
Dinny was popped in the oven about an hour ago.....another hour to go....I like it cooked slowly.....so that the lamb kinda falls apart in your mouth. :p
3 squares a day ???? No problem mate...........
Day 1 menu:
Brekky..........Thick sliced Virginian ham with fried eggs,hash browns and slices of tomato.
Lunch.........French bread lightly buttered and covered with pastrami, sliced avocado and mayonaise.
Dinner.........Plain white jasmine rice with massaman curry (because you like Thai), Vanilla ice cream with coco-de-mer and lychees.
Day 2 menu : Leftovers.

Hungry now ???? :D
Wom

wombat2u2004
08-01-2007, 02:27 AM
I ate fried chicken, Black Eyed Peas, and french fries for dinner.

You forgot the watermelon Reggie !!!!! :D
Wom

Sonia59
08-01-2007, 04:21 AM
It looks like Wom is eating real food :D

Now my French dinner, rather simple as I had very little time before I go cuddling the rescue kitties at the shelter...
First a tomato and cucumber salad, then a piece of beef (very small size compared tyo the US standards :D ) with steam-baked potatoes and courgettes cooked with garlic, flemish cheese made by monks (a local production), and a fruit.

wombat2u2004
08-01-2007, 04:50 AM
It looks like Wom is eating real food :D

Now my French dinner, rather simple as I had very little time before I go cuddling the rescue kitties at the shelter...
First a tomato and cucumber salad, then a piece of beef (very small size compared tyo the US standards :D ) with steam-baked potatoes and courgettes cooked with garlic, flemish cheese made by monks (a local production), and a fruit.

Healthy !!!! :D
Wom

kittycats_delight
08-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Last night was pasta fredda e salumi. In other words Pasta salad with prosciutto, salami, mortadella. Cold cuts were wrapped around rosemary & sage breadsticks. A nice glass of chilled white wine and tiramisu for dessert.

Tonight insalata di riso, patate al forno e salsiccia. So rice salad for starters, oven roasted potatoes and sausage (the sausage are rather thin and there are no links. it is all one big coil). Not sure about dessert. Will let you know later.

Jods
08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
wow you all eat wonderful!

lastnight we had burgers and cesar salad hehe

today were going to the zoo so prob leftover buffalo chicken wraps that I made to take.mmmmmm

Pembroke_Corgi
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow, everyone makes elaborate dinners! I wouldn't have the patience- the only time I eat anything remotely complicated is when I eat out or hubby is cooking. :D

Last night I had a vegetarian black bean burger and an apple with peanut butter. I was yummy, even if simple!

angelbow20
08-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Last night we had a sweet cucumber and onion salad from the garden, baked potatoes, meatloaf patties and steamed broccoli. Oh and I was celibrating the fact that im going to be an aunt so I drank a couple glasses of black berry wine and a mudslide.

Hellow
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Oh, yeah. I know how to make all of that. If i can't, just ask my mom. She can make anything.

kittycats_delight
08-01-2007, 01:46 PM
picked up a fruit torte for dessert. We were all too full to eat it though so I guess that will wait til tomorrow. Now to figure out what to make for supper tomorrow night. :confused:

Marigold2
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
It is so disgustly hot here, over 90*. I have a roast in the crockpot with onions, celery and tomatoes from my garden. In about an hour I will add carrots, potatoes, peppers. Last I add thick noodles all in a rich onion gravy thickened at the very end with a touch of cornstarch. Salad on the side and strawberries over vanilla ice cream for dessert. I love to cook.Everyones dinner sounds great.

I make a real nice potato salad but would anyone like to trade potato salad recipes? Here is mine. I have been told it's excellent.

Potato Salad
Boil about 10 medium to large potatoes until tender. Let cool and peel.
I add 3 hard boiled eggs, peppers, green or red, which ever you prefer, one large onion, and 3 stalks of celery all cut into small pieces to the cooked, peeled and diced potatoes in a large bowl.
Next I mix in a separate small bowl the following.
Mayo, not Miracle Whip. I am not sure how much because I don't measure, I would say it's about 2 cups. Almost an entire new container of Mayo.
2 Tablespoons of Gray Poupon. I have tried different mustard's over the years but only the Poupon gives it the correct flavor.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Paprika about 5 shakes from container.
Garlic powder to taste, about 8 shakes from the container.
5 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Different oils will give it different flavors. I always use Olive Oil now a days.
4 Tablespoons of white vinegar. Please only use white.
Use a wire whisk to mix it all together, then pour your sauce over the potatoes. Stir and taste. Add more ingredients if necessary. Sometimes it needs more vinegar and oil. Sometimes I need to add a little more mayo. This salad is even better the second day. If you are only making the salad for one person, cut the recipe in half

theterrierman
08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I just finished up a pretty sweet meal. 3 thick barbecued hamburgers with lettuce, tomato, and sweet onions, a simple garden salad with baby carrots, and vanilla ice cream with bananas for dessert. Fender and Stella got a little gravy on their Canidae :p .

luvofallhorses
08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I had the rest of the pork chop sandwich we got from the Freeway resturaunt here with a diet pepsi and I am going to have a drumstick ice cream cone for dessert. :D

jennielynn1970
08-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Ok, I am so traveling to a bunch of different PT places!! Everyone has such yummy sounding food! Tonight's dinner was blah. Just Kefir yoghurt and pita for lunch and then a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich for dinner. LOL. I have a ton of veggies from my mom and dad's garden to cook up, so that will be happening tomorrow. I have fresh zucchini to make souffle with, I have fresh red beets that I need to cook up, plus some peppers that I want to stuff and bake.

I just hate cooking and being the only one eating. Leftovers get old after a few days.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-02-2007, 04:47 AM
We had Shepherds Pie for dinner. :)