PDA

View Full Version : Our First House!

AdoreMyDogs
07-26-2002, 08:08 AM
Here are a couple of pics...and to keep the dog theme, I'll include some pics of dogs in the yard :) Our real estate agent generally does not like to have the buyers' pets at the house, but she LOVES Graham, and so she told me we could bring them while we took some measurments, but they would have to stay in the back yard. They both approved of their new yard :)

Here is a shot of the nice, shady canopy:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p996263918bddd362099dc23a75b659aa/fd7c90df.jpg

and here's a shot of Graham and Kersey sticking their noses under the gate:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p95ba5bdcc973150fd84635c364c67c76/fd7c90da.jpg

Kersey munching on some grass, and there is a shot of the soon to be veggie garden nook. The landscaping at the house is overgrown, but it will be fun to garden:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p5a1a8b89fd1eb0cb5c02091b814f4416/fd7c90d8.jpg

And the front of our new house:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pe695d3dc7e01c0c703894399fd401d42/fd7c90d2.jpg

Forgive me for posting pics of a house, but I am rather excited about it :) We close in 11 days!!! (August 6th)

The rest of the pics :Our House (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291572265&code=3224709&mode=invite)

Pam
07-26-2002, 08:13 AM
Leslie these pictures are terrific and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! The house is just perfect! It looks like it is in "move in" condition! I know you are laying awake at night thinking about it. I was too when we bought our first house. It is an extremely exciting time in your lives. I just absolutely LOVE the picture of Graham and Kersey peering under the fence!! Oh what fun you are all going to have. Lots of love to you and Dan and much happiness in your new home!!!

Dixieland Dancer
07-26-2002, 08:20 AM
We are glad to share in your excitement! After all, it will be better for Graham and Kersey not having to put up with unwanted maintenance men coming into their home when mom and dad are not there!!! :D

purrley
07-26-2002, 08:21 AM
:D :D :D BEAUTIFUL!!!! - I'm so happy for ALL of you!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-26-2002, 08:44 AM
Leslie, your new home is soooooooooo cute! I am sure you, Dan, Graham, and Kersey are going to have a great time living there!

lizbud
07-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Leslie,

Congrats to you & Dan. The house looks Great !!! I love it.
Looks like you have a fireplace, and I really love neighborhoods
with esplanades. We have some areas in Indy like that. One is
called Woodruff Place. It has almost a parklike feel to it. Loved
the picture of Graham & Kersey poking their noses under the
fence to get a better look. LOL. I wish you all every happiness
in your new place. You guys sure deserve it.:)

aly
07-26-2002, 09:00 AM
The new house is very cute!! I'm glad you posted pics of it. I am so excited for you guys! I also love that pic of Kersey and Graham with their noses poking under the fence. Thats something Reece ALWAYS does.

Gio
07-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Lovely house! You have every right to be excited. And the photograph of your two babies peering under the gate is too cute. :D

lovemymaltese
07-26-2002, 09:33 AM
That's a lovely home, I am sure that Graham and Kersey will love it there. Congratulations!

Dixie Belle
07-26-2002, 10:38 AM
I love that house!!! It is so cute!!! Congrats to you and your family!!

sottice
07-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Congratulations! We just got our house last year and our whole family is so much happier. :D Before that it was rentals and apartments.

jennifert
07-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Leslie, I LOVE the house!! :D :D It is so cute! I'm so happy for your family! How wonderful and exciting!

Congrats!

CountryWolf07
07-26-2002, 02:00 PM
What a cute house! Congrats :) :D - Rachel

Cincy'sMom
07-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Looks like a great home! Congrats!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-26-2002, 03:56 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That has got to be the cutest house.!! It looks so perfect,,, like a t.v. house!:D I know you and the pups are gonna love it! Looks like Kersey has already started on the yard work;) . And I just love they way the neighborhood looks,,, so cozy and homey! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!:)

tatsxxx11
07-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Oh sweet, sweet Leslie! I couldn't be happier for you!:):):) The house is LOVELY, just perfect for you, Dan and the "kids!":D And what are those silly RE people thinking??? OF COURSE it has to get a "paws up" from the kids!:rolleyes: That pic. of them peeking under the fence is precious! I wish you all the luck in the world! How exciting. I remember how excited I was when we bought our first house. I wish you great happiness in your beautiful home! And as usual, hugs and kisses to Graham and Kersey!

mugsy
07-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Leslie, I like looking at pictures of houses and yours is just too cute...I love that style and I'm jealous...you have a fireplace.

Edwina's Secretary
07-26-2002, 04:02 PM
I remember how I felt when I bought my first house (I was single at the time.) I would sit there and look at the front door and think...."That's mine!" What a feeling.

Congratulations! Your house is adorable. So cozy looking with a storybook, enchanted forest feel.

TheAntiPam
07-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Congratulations and bestest wishes for your whole family in your new place! Is the place next door available too? ;)

AdoreMyDogs
07-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Thank you SOOOOO much for the truly wonderful things you all had to say :) :) :) As it gets closer to the date I find myself getting more and more excited. There is alot that we have planned to do, but the only major thing is to remodel the kitchen. There is a lot of painting to do, and new window treatments and stuff to make it feel "ours". I just can't wait to get my hands on the landscaping! It's really overgrown but it has such good potential and I simply adore gardening!

I have an album that I have created, and I am going to use it as my journal. Unfortunately I completely forgot to take my camera with me when I went into the basement so I don't have pics of it, but I have pleanty of every other room :) The basement is really neat. It's been recentlly finished and it's got some neat rooms in it. Upon our last walk-through before closing, I am going to take my camera and take some shots of the basement. I'll add them to my album/journal.

It's an old house (built in 1942), and it's not huge, but it has a bunch of character and charm. We met both sets of neighboors on either side of us and they are both absolutely wonderful! The couple on the right of us have a golden retriever puppy named Sophie, and the lady on the right is in her early 60's I think, and sweet as pie. Last Sunday they had their annual block party but unfortunately we missed it. If only they held off for a few more weeks we could have gone and met all the neighboors :)

If anyone cares to see the album, here it is. It may bore you, I am sure not everyone likes looking at pics of houses, but if you do, please take a look.

Our House (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291572265&code=3224709&mode=invite)

mugsy
07-26-2002, 08:09 PM
Your house is just adorable!! Love the built ins, but I have a question. In the master bedroom in that built in area, what is that??? Is it a TV??

I am totally jealous.

Freckles
07-26-2002, 08:11 PM
How many bedrooms, baths, etc?

AdoreMyDogs
07-26-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Your house is just adorable!! Love the built ins, but I have a question. In the master bedroom in that built in area, what is that??? Is it a TV??

I am totally jealous.

It is a T.V. but it is the sellers' and they are taking it away. It fits really nicely in that built in space, but it's pretty old looking. I would be surprised if it even works. Thanks for the comments :) I am thrilled to pieces :) You can come over anytime, but I don't know if it'll fit 15 doggies :( It's not quite that big :)

AdoreMyDogs
07-26-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
How many bedrooms, baths, etc?

3 bedrooms, 2 on the main floor and the master bedroom is upstairs. I am turning the baby room into my computer room and Dan is taking the basement as his office.

2 full baths (which we really prefered but had a hard time finding, as everything in our price range was either 1 or 1.5 baths). It was a neat bonus. The bathroom pictured is on the main floor, while the other one is in the basement.

manda99
07-26-2002, 08:56 PM
what a great house!! congrats! :)

Aspen and Misty
07-26-2002, 09:10 PM
I am so jelouse! That baby room is cute! Your house is so cute! I just love it! I bet the dogs liek it to. You must be so exited,, goodness I am exited for you! LOL

Logan
07-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Leslie, I could not be happier for you and Dan, and of course, Graham and Kersey, who will have a wonderful time playing in the fenced backyard!!! I remember the thrill of buying this house, after my divorce (many years after my divorce, actually). Sometimes I have to pinch myself and say "it's mine". :D

Congratulations on your beautiful new home!!! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-26-2002, 11:10 PM
AHGHGHGHG NOW I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!
I AM SUCH A HUGE SUCKER FOR OLDER HOUSES!!!
I am so excited for you!! I just loved the pictures everything looks just soooo perfect!!! And I know the pupsters are gonna have a blast in their very own backyard!!! YAY!!!:D :D

shais_mom
07-27-2002, 01:02 AM
It is just Great Leslie!!
How Wonderful!
I know you and the furkidz are going to love being there! And with a golden retriever puppy next door Kersey will definatley have a playmate when Graham gets tired!!! ;)

Rachel
07-27-2002, 08:51 AM
Leslie, you have a real find with this house. I am so happy and excited for you. The house is absolutely charming and appears to be in great condition, well cared for. The back yard has so much potential and how nice for Graham and Kersey to have their very own space. How far is this from your Mom's place?

jackiesdaisy1935
07-27-2002, 12:28 PM
Congratulations Leslie and Dan and the pups, what a wonderful house you are getting. It looks like it is in a really nice neighborhood, all those trees and it has a storybook look to it.
I am so happy for all of you, it will be so much fun decorating it your way.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

KYS
07-27-2002, 02:13 PM
The house is just beautiful, and in move in
condition.
Looks like a very nice neighborhood.
Congratulations again and thank you
so much for sharing the pics.
(I love looking at houses)

sottice
07-27-2002, 07:53 PM
I love the pictures. The house is precious! The huge windows are great. I'm so happy for all of you!

sammi
07-27-2002, 09:26 PM
I had to look at all the pictures and it is really charming! I love those windows in the dinning room. Congrats.

AdoreMyDogs
07-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Leslie, you have a real find with this house. I am so happy and excited for you. The house is absolutely charming and appears to be in great condition, well cared for. The back yard has so much potential and how nice for Graham and Kersey to have their very own space. How far is this from your Mom's place?

Thanks so much :) It's about 8 minutes from my mom. She LOVES it too, and it's so much closer to her now and she loves that :)

kohala
07-28-2002, 12:26 AM
So glad you shared the pics!!! That is a terrific house; older houses have a great deal more personality and detail, and this one has the coolest built-ins! May you have many happy years there!! All four of you!!

ramanth
07-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Oh Leslie! The house is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you. :D

Can't wait to see it in person. :)

*HUGS*

jennifert
07-29-2002, 07:27 AM
LESLIE, THE HOUSE IS FABULOUS!!! I love it! How exciting! Those windows are wonderful! And all the built-ins! Great house!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us! I love looking at houses too!!!