PDA

View Full Version : Sheena's pups are 3 weeks old!!!!

NicoleLJ
07-31-2007, 11:23 AM
There is so much going on. The pups are now 3 weeks old. Yup, 3 weeks. Can you believe how time flies? Time is going by way too fast for my liking. lol

They all are now 3 pounds and 2 are even 4 pounds now, Light Yellow and Light Blue. The other 4 are not far behind their 2 BIG brothers. So they are growing like weeds.

They all got brand new collars and leashs yesterday. Which are washable. Which is great and they are the easily adjustable kind. It was funny putting them on them. At first some didn't even want to pick up their heads very high. At least not till we gave them an incentive that they couldn't refuse. Then they quickly figured out that tehy really weren't as big and heavy as they looked and ignored the collars from that point on. What was the incentive? Their first real meal of course.

They also tried their first real meal last night. WHich was not easy at all. I love the fact that I am feeding a really good kibble but I hate teh fact that the one time I want it to soak up water it won't. We added boiling water to it and nothing happened. Even after 20 minutes. Still hard and crunchy. Which as you kno wis not safe for pups. So we then put it all into a blender, which took about 10 minutes to get it to the consitency I wanted but it worked. Put it in a dish and gathered the pups around. Most ignored it till we picked each one up and offered them a taste on our finger just under their nose. Talk about go nuts then. I thought I would lose my fingers at some points. We would keep offering it to them on our fingers for a few minutes then put them at teh dish. After that tehy had no problem. Surprisingly enough 5 of them were very clean eaters. Not getting in the dish at all. Except Red Collar. He had his whole chest, front paws splayed, and was going to town the whole time the dish was on the floor. He loves his food. So teh meal was a complete success.

Then after the meal they of course were thirsty. So 4 of them saw mom just outside the door to the Whelping box and finally escaped the whelping box door(which is only 1/2 a foot high) to get to mom for a drink. So hubby increased the height to the door another 1/2 foot last night. They are also all taking little laps of water from their water bowl and are getting very good at using the lino area for pottying. So as you can see we have been very busy.

As for pics I took 36 pictures last night and there is no way I am sitting here and posting them all. So here is the link to the puppy family page:

http://giftofgracekennels.com/id45.html

There are teh meal and escape pics there. The pics of the collars and leashes are on the personal puppy pages. So check them out and enjoy. Sorry it took me so long to update but as you can see it is getting very busy around here.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

Grace
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Just look at those little butterballs!! They are so darn cute, so roly-poly. I'm not sure I could give any of them up - though I know they don't stay like this forever.

Sheena is one fantastic Momma!!

labmomma
07-31-2007, 07:41 PM
I really do look forward to the pics you post and am amazed at their growth. The boys are so handsome. Sheena is a wonderful mother too. :)
Labmomma X 2

cyber-sibes
07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
They're adorable!

anna_66
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh my! Look how much they've grown! They're so adorable I just want to steal them all:D
They're new collars and leashes are very cute!

Once again, thanks for taking the time to update us, I know you must be VERY busy!

Hugs and kisses to everyone of them (plus mom & dad too!)!

critter crazy
07-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Awwww.....what adorable wittle cuties in their adorable wittle collars!!!:D