PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Help Needed - Noah

Pages : [1] 2

NoahsMommy
07-30-2007, 04:52 PM
You all know my situation...and I'm getting so close to being back on my feet - about 4 to 6 months away from actually getting my own place and getting my furballs back for good.

But...David is saying that I need to come get Noah and Micah - NOW. I have a place for Micah, but not for Noah. Noah is VERY, VERY, VERY hard to place because (and Gini, Staci, Tonya and Karen can all attest to this) he is very much kinda sorta scary if I'm not there to show him that everything is "OK". He's a 20lb Main Coon and can inflict lots of damage when scared - and scared is what he gets if either I or David are not there. :(

My parents REFUSE to let me board him again and because I don't have this job set in stone yet, I don't yet have "my own money" to ignore them with. (still waiting to hear that I passed the drug and background check)

I don't know what to do. The only way I see is to board him, but I can't do it financially if I want to get out of here - get my kitties - in 4 to 6 months and end this maddness once and for all.

Any ideas? I have ZERO friends and/or relatives that can/will help, I've already exhausted those resources. Rescues haven't helped and we all know what happened with the Maine Coon Rescue, so I can't use them, especially with Noah's attitude.

Ugh...I'm just so close to getting back to normal....

NoahsMommy
07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm getting really scared here. I called Donna (Moosmom) to see if her friend still was interested in Noah...but that doesn't help us in the "now".

I'm even considering putting him to sleep if that is the best option. How horrible is that??? :( :( :( :( :( I mean, if I can't find anywhere that will take him (family, friends, anyone) and I can't keep him (now), the next obvious step would be shelters, where he'd be terrified out of his mind. I couldn't do that to him. How cruel.

I don't want to do ANY of this to him, I just want him happy and in a good place...no fear, just with a home and with someone who loves him more than anything, like I do.

Ugh. I hate David for doing this all the sudden. If he KNOWS he needs to be out, why can't he tell me at least give me a day or two notice, not a few hours!!! What a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

This just all seems like such a waste that I've held onto all of my babies for over a year and at the last part of this torturous HELL, I'm about to loose my heart-kitty. :( Why is life so cruel??

jazzcat
07-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Kelly, I wish I knew some way to help. I'm so sorry.

NoahsMommy
07-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Jazzcat! :)

I just spoke with my mom and she's "allowing me" to use some of the $$ I have saved for my down payment for an apartment to board Noah for maybe a week. So, he has a week to find a place. Thank God.

I'm off, going to go get Noah and Micah and take them to their spots.

Thanks so much for your prayers guys, I'll need them.

Zippy
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Prayers for you and Noah.

jenluckenbach
07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Kelly, would you tell me how much a week's worth if boarding is going to cost?

dukedogsmom
07-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I wish I could do something. If there is a possibility of him staying longer with your mom, I'd be willing to put in some money for it.

caseysmom
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I wish I could do something. If there is a possibility of him staying longer with your mom, I'd be willing to put in some money for it.
I am willing to help.

K9soul
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I asked Kelly earlier (I hope she does not mind me mentioning this here in answer to the questions) and she said it's $8 a day to board him. I'd like to help as well.

zippy-kat
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
count me in, too :)

caseysmom
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Maybe we can get the name of the boarding facility and send them money.

ramanth
07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd like to help with the boarding costs too. *HUGS*

Cinder & Smoke
07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
It's $8 a day to board him.

I'll "treet him" to a couple days At the Spa ---
Somebody figure out where to send the Green and let us all know!

;)

carole
07-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Yes please let us know where to send any donations to help.

Karen
07-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I sent a PM to Kelly asking for the contact info for the "Spa."

dukedogsmom
07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
If she has Paypal, that would be great. I've got an account there if she doesn't. I swear I can be trusted.

K9soul
07-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I swear I can be trusted.

I dunno Val, you're a pretty shady character :D ;).

Hopefully she'll be able to get back on and fill us in. Don't lose hope Kelly!

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Kelly, if I lived closer and didn't already have so many cats I'd be willing to foster him but since I can't you can also count me in to help pay some of his boarding costs.:) I'd hate to see you lose your heart kitty:( and I'm sure that many others will be willing to help you as well. If you could give us the name and phone number of the place and set up a donation account for Noah then some of us could call and pay some of his boarding costs and this way the money would help him faster.:)

Catty1
07-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah, and David's banking information so that can be funneled over to the Spa! ;)

(just kidding....)

shais_mom
07-30-2007, 11:55 PM
count me in too -
I have Kelly's address if she doesn't have paypal.
She can be trusted too :D

mruffruff
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Please post the name and address of the "Spa". I can help, too.

lbaker
07-31-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm in. This is one cause I can jump into blindfolded and not even have to think first ~

sasvermont
07-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Just give me the low down and I'll send, whatever.......

;)

Vela
07-31-2007, 03:28 PM
If we can get enough people to donate a week's worth of board, she won't have to lose him to anyone else. It's only 56 dollars for a week. Yes it adds up fast, but as much as anyone can give would help. I will donate a week's board. If enough can do that it might be for long enough to let her keep him for good in her new place.

My Peanuts
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Post the info and I will send some too. :)

Karen
07-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Yay! Kelly has sent me the address, phone number and info for the place he'll be staying - folks, PM me, that way we don't need to post it publicly (especially with the sites copying our threads problem we are currently dealing with) and can keep it secure!

NoahsMommy
07-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh my gosh...you guys. Will I ever NOT be amazed by the generosity of my Pet Talk friends??? I'm sitting here numb, because I think all my other senses are in complete shock. I don't know why, you all have always been utterly amazing for me and my traumas. I guess I just expected prayer and a few shoulders, not you all to readily open your (hard earned) wallets for me and my baby Noah. *tears* I know full well you all have your own bills and financial "fun". To help me is...just wow...

(btw, Kari, I'm responding to you in another window...bless you and Justin as well...(((((HUGS)))))...)

I'm actually speechless. Me! Ha...you've all have finally done it. You've made Kelly speechless. My mom will be AMAZED!!!!! ;)

I have a call into "The Spa" to make sure they can accept everything via the phone or however you all want to do this. I'm just waiting for a call back. :) I'll let Karen know and she can inform you all.

Thank you all...from the bottom of my heart. You are all truly our angels.

OH....doh. I forgot, the "dropoffs" went well. Noah likes his "window suite" and Micah was happy to see his buddy Phil. :)

ramanth
07-31-2007, 07:08 PM
I have a weakness for big fluffy orange boys. ;) :D

K9soul
07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I know how humbling it feels to be the one being helped, it is hard to put words to. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to give and to help too. You're a wonderful person Kelly and I pray life will continue looking up for you. *hugs*

ramanth
07-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I know how humbling it feels to be the one being helped, it is hard to put words to. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to give and to help too. You're a wonderful person Kelly and I pray life will continue looking up for you. *hugs*
Agreed!! Two fold.

sasvermont
07-31-2007, 08:28 PM
What, where, when as in how do we get the money to the spa and how long does she plan to keep them their? Are we talking two kitties or one?

;)

Karen
07-31-2007, 08:36 PM
One kitty, Noah, and I sent you a PM.

Uabassoon
07-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Can I also get a PM with some info, I'd like to donate as well.

Karen
07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Sent you one!

zippy-kat
07-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Me, too, please.

Hellow
07-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Send me the PM, too. I am willing to beg my parents into loaning me $20 to $30. If i can get the money, i will donate every penny. Even if i cant get that amount i will take however much they give me and donate it.

shais_mom
07-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Sent you one!
edited to say - never mind - Kelly sent it to me via IM -
if anyone else wants it -
please let me know as I have it too.

CathyBogart
07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
This place never ceases to amaze me. :)

Karen
08-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Anyone who wants info, just PM me! And I have PM'd everyone who requested in this thread so far.

sasvermont
08-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Kelly, I hope that things settle down for you - at last. I think you are headed in the right direction and can't wait to hear that you landed that job you want and that your apartment is "just right".

Pets are quite a responsibility, as we all know, and sometimes they can be too much for us to handle. I sometimes wonder how I ended up with four cats and two rabbits. What was I thinking? At the time it made sense, but I have too many pets for my life style. I am dealing with it but wish I could do a better job anyway.

I hope your Noah fuzz butt guy will have a good time at the spa and I wish I could be there with him. I could use a good month away from my job and sometimes, overwhelming responsibilites.

Good luck with all this. You have lots of people here cheering you on. We all wish only the best for you and your very loved pets.

Sas and her campers :)

wolflady
08-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Please PM me the info too please! :)

Karen
08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
PM sent!

lvpets2002
08-01-2007, 04:46 PM
:) I have sent Karen a pm request for info for a Donation..

phesina
08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll contribute too! Please let me know what to do.

Pat

lbaker
08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I just spoke with a lovely lady at the "Spa". I added some more spa time for Noah. Hopefully he's covered for enough time for you, my dear friend, to rest and be hopeful for awhile. I'll keep in touch... :cool:

dukedogsmom
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Is this her regular vet? If so, is there a way she could use the money for future treatments if it isn't needed for board? I'll be making a payment next week.

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I called earlier today and the lady I spoke with had to put me on hold and have another lady take my credit card info. They didn't need my name though. I added another week for him at the spa.:)

Kelly can you keep us updated on how much time Noah has at the spa? Thanks.:)

carole
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
WOW you guys are amazing, sounds like kitty has at least three weeks at the spa, lucky kitty. :)

NoahsMommy
08-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh my gosh!!! You guys are WONDERFUL!!!!!

Yes, I'll be visiting my Noah Baby tomorrow and I'll go into the office and talk to the girls there. As soon as I get back home, I'll update you all, OK?? :D

Have I told you all that you're amazing yet?????? Cause you are... ;)

Oh, Val...to answer your question. Noah isn't staying with his vet, he's staying with a boarding place. :)

zippy-kat
08-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I'll be donating after Friday (payday). {{hugs}}

sasvermont
08-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Kelly, what is your estimation for Noah's length of stay at the spa? Weeks, months? Let us know. :)

lbaker
08-02-2007, 06:59 AM
It was funny when I called yesterday and said I was calling about Noah, and was calling from Washington DC - lady laughed and said "here's another one for Noah.." to the others in the office :D Noah is getting phone calls from all over it seems. Cool. :cool:

sasvermont
08-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I snagged this from a previous post.

Isn't he just the cutest kitty?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p51de0d5e1a896e3d07e0ac5a06a8ea7a/e84bf6e8.jpg

;)

He needs to learn to relax a little, ya think?

Hellow
08-02-2007, 08:38 AM
He looks alot like the Monorail Cat:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/Hellow54321/LOl%20Cat/MonorailCat.jpg

king2005
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I can only offer moral support :)

lvpets2002
08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
;) Kelly I just called & Noah is paid up till 8/15/07.. I want to donate.. Will he have to be there at least another week or two.. We can get him book in his condo for the remainder of the month.. Let me know.. ;)

lbaker
08-02-2007, 10:58 AM
That's what it was last evening before I contributed with c.c. over the phone. So it's already longer than that!

sasvermont
08-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I sent a check in the mail.....Kelly knows about it. It should be there by Tuesday or Wednesday, at the lastest.

Craftlady
08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
;) Kelly I just called & Noah is paid up till 8/15/07.. I want to donate.. Will he have to be there at least another week or two.. We can get him book in his condo for the remainder of the month.. Let me know.. ;)

Noah would need months of the spa from what she said in her orginial post, portions quoted below.

You all know my situation...and I'm getting so close to being back on my feet - about 4 to 6 months away from actually getting my own place and getting my furballs back for good.

K9soul
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
My check is on the way that will cover a week as well ;).

Cinder & Smoke
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Noah would need months of the spa from what she said in her orginial post, portions quoted below.

Originally Posted by Kelly
You all know my situation ... and I'm getting so close to being back on my feet - about 4 to 6 months away from actually getting my own place and getting my furballs back for good.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

Assuming Noah qualifies for the "Monthly Rate" of $10.00 per Day ...
He runs up a Spa Bill of $70.00 per week, or $310.00 per Month http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

Figure 5 months in the Spa ...
that's $1,550.00 -
a VERY Expensive way to bore the pants off the poor Cat! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

How's about using the time in the Spa that's already donated to FIND a better place
(read that as "cheaper place") to Stash da Kat.

Possibilities to investigate:

* A lil ole Lady neighbor ... offer her $2.00 a day to tidy his box and feed him
... + all the affection he can toss her way. You supply the Sand & Krunchies.

* A local rescue FOSTER Family ... same deal offer a couple bucks a day -
... what's one more in the herd?

* Local School Kid - OK it with Kid's Mom & Dad ... kid makes a couple bucks and
... has a Buddy to boot.

All assuming Noah da Kat can *behave himself* and not act like a Wild Child
(or pee in the corners and shred the furniture.)

Or teach him to *bark* and tell you mom he's your new Cadog, since dogs are OK. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

/s/ Phred

lbaker
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
My impression is that the current Spa/Resort is just an emergency stop-gap until alternatives (like those you suggest Phred) can be found. David, charmer that he is, gave her NO notice and something had to be done in a hurry, Kelly - when you read this please correct me if I am mistaken.

sasvermont
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I have mixed feelings about the cost v. the quality. I would say, yes, to encouraging Kelly to move Noah only if it would work for Noah and not incurr additional expenses (vet, repairs to furniture etc.) that he might incur if moved to yet another spot. I think the bottom line is going to be how long, not how much, but ultimately how much. So my vote is to offer to keep the fur butt where he is and happy (assuming he IS happy), and to keep him in a place that works for Kelly as well. If we take the total cost and divide it by the number of folks here, willing to kick in, each person will experience only a small amount (????) in the long run....... Make sense?

I am willing to take Kelly's lead on this one. She knows her cat, what is available etc.

Just my opinion, doesn't make me right! ;)

P. S. For me, this expense falls in to the same category as did the air fare from where ever to here for those little furry brats several times fo at least three different cats......and quite a few months ago.....One just a few months ago.....Remember?. Seems a bit expensive, but hey, we did it.

Logan
08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I am impressed that so many of our own (Pet Talkers) have stepped up and helped. Like SAS, I hope this is right thing for Noah in the long run.

I can't help, financially, right now, as I have too many obligations close to home, but I do send my prayers for Kelly and Noah.

Logan

NoahsMommy
08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
*tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears*

First, THANK YOU all soooo very, very much to all that have donated and/or have given me and my naughty Noah advice and love. You are all our angels.

Second, I'm calling Balcom Canyon first thing tomorrow AM because I've NEVER been told of a "monthly fee" or anything over the $8.00/day amount. Contrary, actually, its been $7/per day, per cat when you have more than one when they stay together. I've had $8.00/night in my head this entire time, so this comes as a HUGE surprise. I DON'T doubt you, Phred, you always seem to find the correct info. (((hugs)))

SAS is dead on here. Noah has....uhm...'behavior'...well, lets call his a "personality" or well a "fearful disorder" around everyone but myself and/or David. David, the jerk gave me a whole 3 hours to find something to do with the cat who tried to eat people (Laurie, you're correct too!). :mad: When I'm pretty darn sure he knew he was moving when he had his entire apartment packed up and only Noah and Micah were roaming the ickly place when I got there, poor babies!! :mad: :rolleyes: :(

This Boarding/Spa trip is to be temporary assuming I can find a place for Noah. Its not like Noah is a normal cat, my others are in foster homes and "somewhat easy" to place...well, compared to Noah. There has been someone from PT that is offered to take Noah for me, she and her hubby live in Florida and I'm considering the very kind offer...I'm just concerned, like SAS suggested, that it may be too much for Noah. Where he's at is the ideal place for him. I'll post next the pictures I took of him today...he's HAPPY! :) He's calm, purring, eating...he's doing very well, thankfully. I wouldn't put him anywhere else, I wouldn't be able to sleep if this place wasn't as wonderful as it is.

To answer the question of how long I think he'll need to be there kind of depends on him. If I think he can take being fostered in Florida (on Clomicalm, of course), it may just be for maybe a month and a half while I get him used to the Clomicalm and test it out with a few friends. I need to be certain he can handle this before I get him out there. Then, there's the problem of how he gets out there. Unfortunately, CA and FL are practically THE furthest states apart! ;) I'm willing to drive him myself, I'm not working yet and prefer to take him there so he can see that everythings OK.

OK, here's an update as of 3:30 p.m. They knew EXACTLY who I was talking about and the one girl didn't even batt an eye. She practically yelled, "$168.00" when I asked what the donations where at. :) You guys!!!! :o :) (thank you!!!)

XOXOXOXOXO

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Kelly, I'm glad to hear that Noah is happy at the spa and hopefully you'll be able to find a place for him locally. If he does go to Florida I hope that eveything will go well.:) When I called I asked how much it was per day and I was told $12. After he's been there for a month I think it then becomes $10 per day. Good luck.:)

NoahsMommy
08-02-2007, 11:44 PM
First...Noah's Condo...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_14111.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_14112.jpg
(Notice all the towels I put up so that he wont see ANYONE coming around him...no other kitties or hoomans - well only the ones that open his door to take care of him - He only wants to gaze out HIS windows at the birds, bugs and trees and lay in his sun spots!)

Noah peeking out when I first got there..."Is that MY meowmee???"
It is!!!!!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_14101.jpg

Noah requested the Suite DIRECTLY accross from the A/C...he has all that long hair, you know....
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13451.jpg

"Hi Pet Talk!!! Thanks for helping me get to stay here at the Spa!!!"
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13433.jpg

...More in next Post...

NoahsMommy
08-02-2007, 11:54 PM
When I called I asked how much it was per day and I was told $12. After he's been there for a month I think it then becomes $10 per day.

WHOA!!!! I've boarded there MANY times and its ALWAYS been $7 or $8!!! I'd better clear this up QUICK!!!! Thank you so much for telling me this. I guess I just assumed, I don't usually assume ANYTHING, I guess I was just so upset at my lack of time to do anything that I never asked.

I'll let you know what I find tomorrow guys. Thank you Tracey!!

NoahsMommy
08-02-2007, 11:59 PM
*these were taken with my phone's camera, so I'm sorry they aren't so great*

He came out and something got his attention, you know, becides his doting mommy...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13234.jpg

And then got LOTS of head skritties and bumpies...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13233.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13201.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13192.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13231.jpg

Then I gave him some CatNip and some Temptations...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13261.jpg

...Even more in next Post...

shais_mom
08-03-2007, 12:06 AM
[color=blue]
* A lil ole Lady neighbor ... offer her $2.00 a day to tidy his box and feed him
... + all the affection he can toss her way. You supply the Sand & Krunchies.

* A local rescue FOSTER Family ... same deal offer a couple bucks a day -
... what's one more in the herd?

* Local School Kid - OK it with Kid's Mom & Dad ... kid makes a couple bucks and
All assuming Noah da Kat can *behave himself* and not act like a Wild Child
(or pee in the corners and shred the furniture.)

Or teach him to *bark* and tell you mom he's your new Cadog, since dogs are OK. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

/s/ Phred

Sorry - Phred but I know and love NO_ NO dearly (have met him) and he would shred a neighbor kid and the little old lady down the street. The risk to them and to him is too great for Kelly to consider that and she knows it. And she also knows I am not saying anything that isn't true.
And FYI - the 'dog' has been post-poned indefinately but that is neither here nor there.

NoahsMommy
08-03-2007, 12:08 AM
After his "NipFest" and his Feast of WAY too many Temptations, he decided to head partially back into his cave...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13221.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13181.jpg

We just sat and talked...and made lovey eyes at each other. He's such a lover boy. :)

I made him another place to hang out when no one is watching...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13242.jpg

OK, that's all for now. That camera phone takes "OK" pictures...I'll take my digital camera there next time for some better pictures and some of the GORGEOUS grounds. Hey, maybe they'll let ME live there too??? ;)

NoahsMommy
08-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry - Phred but I know and love NO_ NO dearly (have met him) and he would shred a neighbor kid and the little old lady down the street. The risk to them and to him is too great for Kelly to consider that and she knows it. And she also knows I am not saying anything that isn't true.
And FYI - the 'dog' has been post-poned indefinately but that is neither here nor there.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - or - ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has never been a truer statement on PT. I'm sorry No No for laughing at your expense, but sometimes, darn it, you bring it on yourself, sweetie!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (Staci, Tonya, Gini, Karen, & Tracey have witnessed this first hand...."lucky them")

shais_mom
08-03-2007, 12:16 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - or - ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has never been a truer statement on PT. I'm sorry No No for laughing at your expense, but sometimes, darn it, you bring it on yourself, sweetie!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (Staci, Tonya, Gini, Karen, & Tracey have witnessed this first hand...."lucky them")
It's ok No-No- we understand that "your SPECIAL"... ;) :p

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Thanks for posting these pictures of Noah. He sure looks great.:) Yes, I remember when I stayed at your apartment. Noah would act like he wanted me to pet him but when I would get close, he'd hiss at me. I was afraid to touch him. I think that his large size also intimidates people.

Here are a few pictures of him that I took in July 2004.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/PetTalk2ndAnnualBBQ-July232004032-c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/PetTalk2ndAnnualBBQ-July232004042-c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/PetTalk2ndAnnualBBQ-July232004051-r.jpg
He sure is a gorgeous fluffy orange boy.:)

shais_mom
08-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for posting these pictures of Noah. He sure looks great.:) Yes, I remember when I stayed at your apartment. Noah would act like he wanted me to pet him but when I would get close, he'd hiss at me. I was afraid to touch him. I think that his large size also intimidates people.
and his bear-like nails!! Kloe has the same ones.....

He did the same thing to me Tracey-
The first nite I stayed with Kelly -I was asleep and woke up with him pressed to my back - I reached back and felt him and froze and just curled right back up with my limbs curled inward!!;)
here are a couple pics I have of NO-NO
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d901b3127cce93598d64d7d700000016109Qas2bFs1g
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d901b3127cce9359ebc8567800000016109Qas2bFs1g (with my favorite thing in the bag behind him! ;)

Laura's Babies
08-03-2007, 08:25 AM
It must be a orange cat thing to be like that.. Kitty Boo attacked me the other night and bit deep... I am on antibotics.. She is fine one minute, then psycho the next.

I have money on it's way also via phesnia... she was going to paypal it for me before this other information came up. I will send more before I go back to work. Could someone post a updated amount at the spa daily so we will know how much he needs/how long he has paid for ect...

moosmom
08-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Kelly,

I'm so sorry I couldn't help. I hope you can find a happy medium for Noah. He's such a beautiful baby!!

((((((HUGS))))))))

Donna

NoahsMommy
08-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone! :) I just got off the phone to check the amount for you Laura and its at $168.00! :D That's so wonderful!!! :D He and I are so blessed!!!

I got two cards in the mail today with money too!!! There was a check for $56.00 and $100.00 cash! Wowee!! That's another $156.00 to use for boarding and/or emergency for Noah. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! That expression seems to be the only thing coming out of my posts lately, but I swear I mean it so thouroughly, I can't even express it without tearing up each time I come here. ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) *tears* *tears* *tears*

Uppydate on Balcom's Rates...I found out that it IS $12/day for kitties to stay and as per ASHLEY (everyone remember that...at 2:52pm on Aug 3) I spoke with her. (I'm sorry I didn't call until then, its been my day full of doctors appts, pharmacies and battling with my new COBRA, or lack of insurance...ugh!!! :( :mad: ) After he's been there a month, it goes to $10/day. I asked her when the rates changed, as I've been using them for years and she said "Sept, 03". I asked how come I was charged only "$7.00 for my last visit back in April" and she said she didn't know. I just think that's odd. I've always checks rates....when you don't have $$, that's the first thing you ask!!! :rolleyes: Oh well, at least with him staying the month, it'll be $10.00 and not the $12.00. Thats at least something.

Hugs, gratitude and a heck of a lot of LOVE,
Kelly & Noah

Catty1
08-03-2007, 06:34 PM
After he's been there a month, it goes to $10/day.

Kelly - with EVERYTHING you have going on, I am sorry to ask - but what you said above...

Does that mean it is $12 a day til the end of the month (30 days) and THEN goes to $10?

Sorry if this sounds nitpicky, but the kennel I used to work at did rates that way, so I just wanted to double-check.

The amount you have is good for almost 30 days, anyway! :) And that's at $12!

Laura's Babies
08-03-2007, 08:31 PM
WOW! I am blown away at how fast the donations have come in and mine and phesina's hasn't come in yet.... she is waiting for my check to arrive via snail mail then call them in together. Hopefully, that will get him started on his next month. Lets keep calling in the donations!!!

petslover
08-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Kelly, I want to let you know that you and Noah are in my thoughts.

I am sorry that I cannot contribute at the time. I really wish I could, but at the moment I can't.

I just hope you can get everything worked out so you can get your life back to normal.

-hugs-

NoahsMommy
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Kelly, I want to let you know that you and Noah are in my thoughts.

I am sorry that I cannot contribute at the time. I really wish I could, but at the moment I can't.

I just hope you can get everything worked out so you can get your life back to normal.

-hugs-

Tia, Donna & Logan....no worries...thoughts/prayers are just as good too!!! :) (((hugs))) Thank you so much. :)

Love, Kelly :D

rg_girlca
08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
This picture says it all. Look how content Noah is with his meowmie giving him scritchies. LOVE IT!!!!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/080207_13233.jpg

Kelly, those pictures really had the tears streaming down my face. That gorgeous face of Noah's peeking out from the carrier and realizing it was you there, is just "PRICELESS."

I'm not surprised by the amount that PT'ers have sent already Kelly. :) Throughout the years we have been here for you through the bad and good times and you have been through some very bad times. But I admire you so much with your strength to carry on, no matter what.
It is a pleasure to help out someone who truely needs it. :)

Please give Noah some lovies and scritchies from me the next time you see him. :D

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

phesina
08-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Laura, I got your check today. I called them and got a recording, so I left a message. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow, I'll call again on Monday, in case they don't do such calls outside normal business hours.

Pat

P.S., What a sweet-looking cat Noah is!

WOW! I am blown away at how fast the donations have come in and mine and phesina's hasn't come in yet.... she is waiting for my check to arrive via snail mail then call them in together. Hopefully, that will get him started on his next month. Lets keep calling in the donations!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Let me have the details and I will try to help out once I get back to the UK

NoahsMommy
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Laura, I got your check today. I called them and got a recording, so I left a message. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow, I'll call again on Monday, in case they don't do such calls outside normal business hours.

Pat

P.S., What a sweet-looking cat Noah is!

Awww, thanks Pat and Laura. :) ((((Hugs))))

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Kelly, I always seem to be the last person on the bandwagon but sometimes I miss threads altogether :rolleyes:

Can you or someone PM me with an address I can contribute to? Your personal addy is fine or whatever you prefer.

Noah is one gorgeous cat :) :D :)

NoahsMommy
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Kelly,
Can you or someone PM me with an address I can contribute to? Your personal addy is fine or whatever you prefer.
Just sent you a PM. :) (thank you!!!!!!)

Hugs, Kelly :D

gini
08-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Dear Kelly,

I am out of town right now and for the first time have access to a computer, so I logged onto Pet Talk after checking emails.

I won't be back for a few more days - but I will call you when I return.........

Hugs from Gini

emily_the_spoiled
08-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi Kelly,

I just wanted to let you know that I sent my cheque directly to the Pet Lodge. They should be receiving it later this week.

Cheryl

phesina
08-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Kelly, they left me a message today, so I called them back and gave them Laura's and my donation with a credit card.

Pat

Awww, thanks Pat and Laura. :) ((((Hugs))))

NoahsMommy
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I won't be back for a few more days - but I will call you when I return.
OK, Mom...I'll look forward to your call. Have a nice time and be safe.
(((((Hugs)))))

Hi Kelly,
I just wanted to let you know that I sent my cheque directly to the Pet Lodge. They should be receiving it later this week.
Cheryl
Cheryl,
Thank you so much! I'm going to send you a PM, but wanted to respond to you here as well.
(((((Kelly hugs & Noah head bumpies))))))
Love, Kelly & Noah

Kelly, they left me a message today, so I called them back and gave them Laura's and my donation with a credit card.
Pat & Laura,
You both are so kind, thank you both very much...so much. I'm going to be sending you both PMs too.
(((((((Kelly hugs & Noah head bumpies x2 <---watch out, he's strong!)))))))
Love, Kelly & Noah

I didn't get a chance to call or visit Noah today, but I will tomorrow. I spent today job hunting and have an interview tomorrow at Sunset Sleep Labs (http://www.sunsetsleep.com/default.htm) at 11:00 a.m. and a few others in the works. I plan on visiting with Noah afterwards and I'll check on the amount for you all (I've had some requests ;) ) and report back. I will try and remember my digital camera to take some pictures of the lovely grounds so you all can see those too.

Thanks again, everyone. Your friendship means the world to me.

Hugs and Love,
Kelly & No No

NoahsMommy
08-07-2007, 07:35 PM
OK,

I am having a "Not So Good Day, Body Wise" :( But interview went well, I didn't get a chance to go and SEE my Noah, but I have a call into them to check the amount. I'll update when I know more.

Sorry I couldn't get out there, I'm feeling pretty horrid today and I"m not sure why, while I"m in remission, I'll still have really bad days sometimes.

Thanks again, everyone.

Love, Kelly & Noah :)

jennielynn1970
08-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm so sorry I missed this thread!!! I just sent a PM asking about getting $$ to you or the spa.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow! This must be so hard for you! Big HUGS to you and Noah!

dukedogsmom
08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Dasher's unexpected vet bill has put me behind :( That's why I haven't donated yet. I should be able to give a little in two or so weeks.

Catty1
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Sunset Sleep Labs - do you get paid nap time? :) GOOD LUCK!

You might be feeling "off" as interviews tend to make everyone a bit nervous.

HUGS!

PS...Kelly, I have some money, but payroll has been several months behind. I am just starting to get paid up. I want to wait til things are a bit more secure, and then I will gladly pitch in! :)

Give Noah some scritchies for me!

NoahsMommy
08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Still feeling horribly lowsy :(...I've just gotten out of bed/bathroom and away from my heating pad long enough to get up on the computer to submit resumes via email and of course, to check out PT.

I called Balcom Canyon and left a message to check on Noah...and to see what the number is at. They didn't call me back yesturday, so I decided to pester them a bit. ;) When they call me back, I'll update here, of course.

I got a money order for $100.00 from a wonderful Canadian PTer...thank you so much!!! Noah sends his many thanks and his love. :) (((hugs))) It was such a nice surprise to get GOOD mail, you know? And your card was so cute too! *thank you!!!*

Val, no worries. Your support is help enough, if you want to donate, do it when its best for you, OK?? Noah should be there for a bit, so anytime is a good time. Thank you so much...really, this is just so amazing to me. ((((Val))))) btw, how is Dasher doing???

Catty (Candace, right??), just like Val, your support is more than enough, but if you would like to donate, only do it when its best for you, OK?? I'm just overwhelmed at everyones kindness...I know everyone has their own financial worries and to have you all want to help me is one thing, to actually do it, is just so wonderful, a HUGE blessing to me. *thank you!!*

jenn_librarian...wow, thank you SO much!! I'll go look at my PMs now. :) (((hugs)))

I'll be back to update when Balcom calls me back.

Hugs & Love,
Kelly and Noah

XOXOXOXOXOXO

lvpets2002
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
:( So sorry your felling bad yesterday & today Kelly.. Hope it gets better.. Hey I have PM you on trying to make another donation & those people at the Spa wont answer the phone.. I have been calling non stop for two days now.. I have left two messages & still no call back.. Could you see why they wont answer the phone.. You could just PM me your address & I will send you something direct.. Please feel better soon.. ;)

NoahsMommy
08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Helene,
I just sent you a PM. I called Balcom Canyon and left them a message asking them to call you. I gave them the number you gave me and read it off to the twice...just to be sure they have it! ;) Will you let me know if they call you??

Update on the Amount:

Noah is paid for up until SEPTEMBER 8th!!!!

Wow!!!! That's amazing everyone!! Thank you, so very, very much!! :)

Hugs, Love and MUCH Gratitude,
Kelly & Noah

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo X 100 million!!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Update on the Amount:

:D

Kelly ~

Have you determined and confirmed HOW MUCH MONEY they are charging "per day"?

You initially thought it would be $8.00 per day.
Balcom Canyon told me it was $12.00 per day ...

BUT if he stayed for 31 days or longer, the "Monthly Rate" of "only" $10.00 per day applied.

You need to insist that they "re-figure" ALL the first 31 days at the $10.00 rate ...
or Add up ALL the money in Moah's account and divide by $10 = the number of days
he SHOULD be credited with.

The TOTAL number of DOLLARS collected and paid to them is an important number.

/s/ Phred

Catty1
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Phred - I asked Kelly about this, as she reported the rate was $10 AFTER 30 days. She seemed to think it was the FIRST 30.

The kennel I worked at had this policy...so I believe Kelly will be paying $12 a day for the first 30.

ETA: I found her post on P 6:
Uppydate on Balcom's Rates...I found out that it IS $12/day for kitties to stay and as per ASHLEY (everyone remember that...at 2:52pm on Aug 3) I spoke with her. (I'm sorry I didn't call until then, its been my day full of doctors appts, pharmacies and battling with my new COBRA, or lack of insurance...ugh!!! ) After he's been there a month, it goes to $10/day.

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
The Spa told ME that it was $12 DAILY rate;
and $10 / day on the MONTHLY rate.

If you agree to the MONTHLY rate, the FIRST MONTH "should be" at the Monthly rate.

If you stay in a Hotel or Motel, the "Weekly rate" applies at the beginning of the FIRST week -
not starting on Day #8.

This is a $62 per month difference - certainly worth arguing for!

shais_mom
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
The Spa told ME that it was $12 DAILY rate;
and $10 / day on the MONTHLY rate.

If you agree to the MONTHLY rate, the FIRST MONTH "should be" at the Monthly rate.

If you stay in a Hotel or Motel, the "Weekly rate" applies at the beginning of the FIRST week -
not starting on Day #8.

This is a $62 per month difference - certainly worth arguing for!
definately - that's an extra 5-6 days for No-No or his Specialness!!! :)
Kelly likes the challenges - her cats and her momma - ;) I've met her mom too - and she's special too! ;)

Catty1
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Well - if she quoted what she was told - the monthly won't kick in for a month. Unless they will charge retroactively.

All I am saying is that the kennel I worked at had the same policy...and it meant, to use this case, that it was $12 a day from day 1 to day 30.

I know it is well worth fighting for, just don't know what grounds Kelly will have for that.

A double room at the kennel for my two is $20 a day...no breaks for me, even though I am still a friend and liked person there! :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I know it is well worth fighting for,
Don't know what grounds Kelly will have for that.

Quote common Hotel / Motel Policy >>>

If you stay in a Hotel or Motel,
the "Weekly rate" applies at the beginning of the FIRST week -
not starting on Day #8.

cyber-sibes
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
:D :D What an uplifting thread! Noah is one lucky cat to have so many friends here at PT!
I can only offer prayers that everything goes well...(we've run up quite the bill with Sherman's expenses & stuff, no extra $ right now...if only the darn house would sell :rolleyes: )
God Bless everyone on PT!

Catty1
08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Phred - I did my darndest to look up their rates online - but they don't have a website! Nor could I find a list of prices. They just have an email addy.

I don't know how prices are regulated in CA - but I don't think they would be under the Hotel and Motel act, or whatever that legislation is called in CA. Unfortunately, they would likely have a different law for pets than people.

Here in Alberta - kennels are completely unregulated! The one I worked at tells people to go SEE any place they are thinking of FIRST.

lvpets2002
08-09-2007, 09:59 AM
:) Yes Kelly they called my work ## at 7:20pm last night.. I guess they didnt think about Tx 2 hrs ahead of CA.. I will try them back this morning & or send you another donation.. **Hey EveryOne Kelly Just pm me on Noah Is Paid Up Till Sept 8th.. And if I can get the Spa on the phone again Noah will be paid up till the Sept 15th.. Isnt That So Great!! Many Thanks to Our PT Family.. I Know Kelly Appriciates Us Alot.. ;)
Helene,
I just sent you a PM. I called Balcom Canyon and left them a message asking them to call you. I gave them the number you gave me and read it off to the twice...just to be sure they have it! ;) Will you let me know if they call you??

Update on the Amount:

Wow!!!! That's amazing everyone!! Thank you, so very, very much!! :)

Hugs, Love and MUCH Gratitude,
Kelly & Noah

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo X 100 million!!! :D

Donnaj4962
08-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Quote common Hotel / Motel Policy >>>

If you stay in a Hotel or Motel,
the "Weekly rate" applies at the beginning of the FIRST week -
not starting on Day #8.

Having worked in the motel/hotel business.... this typically would apply if the person was paying UPFRONT for the entire week!

So I am kind of thinking that if the ENTIRE month was paid in full upfront, then that would apply. I don't know if a whole month was paid at once for Noah.

I would hope that, since they realize that there are many people helping with the costs of Noah's spa stay, and that it is going to be an "extended stay", they would make an exception and only charge the $10.00/day. I know "I" would have done that when I was managing the hotel! You want to do what you can to get that return business!

I will be calling with my donation, hopefully today. I wish it could be more, but my money is limited. I will do what I can.

lvpets2002
08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
;) Finally got someone to answer the phone at the Spa.. Noah is now $10.00 a day fee.. He was paid up till September 9th && with my donation Noah is paid up till September 19th now.. Woo Hoo.. I still wish I lived closer & this wittle baby could stay at my house.. Many Thanks to All the PT Family for Helping Kelly & Noah in this time of need..

shais_mom
08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
1)Kelly - with EVERYTHING you have going on, I am sorry to ask - but what you said above...

Does that mean it is $12 a day til the end of the month (30 days) and THEN goes to $10?

Sorry if this sounds nitpicky, but the kennel I used to work at did rates that way, so I just wanted to double-check.

======================================
2)Well - if she quoted what she was told - the monthly won't kick in for a month. Unless they will charge retroactively.

All I am saying is that the kennel I worked at had the same policy...and it meant, to use this case, that it was $12 a day from day 1 to day 30.

I know it is well worth fighting for, just don't know what grounds Kelly will have for that.

we get that you used to work in a kennel.
I'm sure they do it very similiarly.
And I'm sure when Kel's feeling better - she'll let us know.

sasvermont
08-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Since this stay for fuzz butt No No is going to be a rather long one, the best rate possible is what Kelly and friends would hope for and deserve.

I am going to try to slip a check in the mail each week, whatever I can afford, and keep him prepaid until.......? I guess Kelly will need to keep us informed as to when she's thinking about moving him to her new place.....etc. I suspect she will have more than a month's notice for that event, and thus No No's move.

I hope this fuzzy guy knows how many people are being his guardian angels....

He is cute, isn't he?

Hope all is going smoothly for you Kelly.

SAS and her campers

NoahsMommy
08-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Whoa...lots went on while I was praying to the makers of the heating pad! ha ha

Still feeling pretty lousy, I think I'm just having a small attack, but don't want to say that too loud as I'm currently in remission and shouldn't have attacks - large or smallish.

Anyway. Normally, this facility has you pay 1/2 up front if your critter(s) is staying for more than a week. Because I dropped Noah off in a frantic (I didn't even bring his special food, his beds, his toys, nothing!), and only assumed he'd be there for for a few days, I didn't have to pay up front.

What Ashley told me on the phone was that the price would be: Days 1 thru 30 would be $12.00, then all days after Day 30, would be $10.00. I WILL ask about a long-term discount. Its only benefitting THEM, they ALWAYS have kitty condos open, now they at least are making money on Noah each day...when they would normally make nothing.

As her Helene, Noah is paid up until September 18th!!

Isn't that great??? :) Thank you all so very, very much!!! :D

Hugs & Love,
Kelly and Noah

XOXOXOXOXO

P.S. Did I miss anyone's questions?? If I did, I'm so sorry, will you remind me of them? :o :o

NoahsMommy
08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I hope this fuzzy guy knows how many people are being his guardian angels....

If he doesn't, his meowmie sure does. *sniff*

THANK YOU, my PT Angels.....

I love you!!! WE Love you!!! :)

Laura's Babies
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
He is paid up until September 18th????

WOW! I am SO impressed!! Well heck, I was going to call in another donation since I am about to leave for a month but he is paid up past when I will be back!! So, Maybe I can make a larger donation then than I could make now!!

This is such great news!! PT is the BEST!

NoahsMommy
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey everyone!

I went and visited Noah on Saturday - but forgot the camera. I'm sorry, I kind of was running late (who, me?? late??? ;) ) and ran out without it. :o
But, No Nos and I had a nice time cuddling and playing with his toys and of course, cat nip! He's so sweet!! :)

There was no one in the office as I left, so I have a call into the girls to check the amount to keep you all up to date. :D

Thank you so much for all your help.

Hugs and Love,
Kelly & Noah

XOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXO

NoahsMommy
08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Since this stay for fuzz butt No No is going to be a rather long one, the best rate possible is what Kelly and friends would hope for and deserve.

I am going to try to slip a check in the mail each week, whatever I can afford, and keep him prepaid until.......? I guess Kelly will need to keep us informed as to when she's thinking about moving him to her new place.....etc. I suspect she will have more than a month's notice for that event, and thus No No's move.

SAS and her campers

THANK YOU so very, very much for this. From the bottom of my heart...no, the bottom of my FEET....thank you so greatly!!!!!

lbaker
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
quote "THANK YOU so very, very much for this. From the bottom of my heart...no, the bottom of my FEET....thank you so greatly!!!!!"

um, Kelly dear ~ that sounds like something RICHARD or Mario would do. :o :D :D A heartfelt thanks is a lovely thought by itself ;)

dukedogsmom
08-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Payment made today from me and Brody's Mom. Glad to finally be able to help a little. May be able to do a bit more in the future, if needed. Kelly, we're happy to do it for you.

NoahsMommy
08-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Payment made today from me and Brody's Mom. Glad to finally be able to help a little. May be able to do a bit more in the future, if needed. Kelly, we're happy to do it for you.

Awww, thank you to the both of you!!!! This is sooooo wonderful and I can't tell you how much this is helping me/us.

I'm having a hard time finding a new job. I get interviews, but I believe my old employer, Dr. Nathan, is giving me a bad reference. I've contacted a lawyer and told him all about my last 4 jobs where I was let go due to my crohn's disease - he aparently thinks I have a HUGE case. I'll fill you all in once I know more. (((hugs)))

I saw Noah on Saturday on my way back from the pharmacy and about a zillion errands I had to do. He's still doing great. :)

Hugs & Love,
Kelly :)

NoahsMommy
08-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey everyone,

I need to ask you all a favor. If you've donated for Noah's cause, will you PM me and give me your addresses? I don't have a way of knowing who has donated as the office at Balcom isn't keeping very good records and I only know of the people that have PM'd me or sent $$ directly to me.

I feel very strongly about sending "thank you" cards from Noah and myself, so would you mind please sending me your info?? I promise not to share it. ;)

Thank you x 1,000,000,000,000

Love, Kelly & Noah :)

ramanth
08-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I still mean to donate. Just hit some unexpected expenses this month. :(

I'm glad Noah and you are doing well! I'll keep watching this space. :)

king2005
08-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm so happy for you both!!!!

I can only send best wishs, but you 2 have been in my thoughts & I'm so very happy to hear he's doing well there!!

NoahsMommy
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to tell you about the interview I had today...

I think it went REALLY well...and...she didn't ask for references, unless she's going to get the phone numbers on her own. It lasted 1 hr and 10 min and we were talking the entire time. The job is working for a huge Orthopedist practice (they have 6 offices and 12 doctors!). I would be the sole Medical Assistant and surgery scheduler for their newest doctor. He's VERY particular, but I've dealt with TONS of bosses like that. He works with primairly geriactrics - my FAVORITE type of patient. He sounds stern, but fabulous regarding patient care, my #1 pet peeve (being lack there of). I think it went really well because the person interviewing me wants me to meet the Office Mgr who is acting as this job until they find something, this week so we can meet and she can tell me how it is working for Dr. Turk. I assume that's a GOOD thing????

It comes with FULL benefits. The best I can get, thank GOD. Please, please pray this is the job...finally. There is nothing I want more in this world than a GOOD job, with the benefits I so dearly need so that I can finally get my life back. I cannot tell you all how much I want this job...more than anything in this whole world, and not just for what it'll mean for my cats and I. PLEASE PRAY for me, guys/gals. *thank you!!!*

Love, Kelly

P.S. I'll keep you updated :)

NoahsMommy
08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
*Bump*

Just wanted everyone to see that I would like all donators to send me a PM with their name and addresses so that Noah and I can send our "Thank Yous".

Thanks so much!

Love, Kelly & Noah

NoahsMommy
08-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm going to go visit Phoebe and Basil right now...and will visit Noah and Micah tomorrow and this weekend.

I'll try and get some good pictures to update you all with. :)

Hugs & Gratitude,
Kelly & Kitties

XOXOXOXOXO

dukedogsmom
08-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Have you heard about the job yet?

jenluckenbach
09-08-2007, 05:09 AM
How's everything?? And how long is he paid up for?

shais_mom
09-08-2007, 11:30 AM
How's everything?? And how long is he paid up for?
I talked with Kelly on Thursday - she has gotten the job that she asked for prayers for, I think she may be on week 2 of it. She seems to really like it, BUT she's been having a chron's relapse and has been resting a lot as so she can work b/c she can't afford to call in sick and lose this job. I'm sure living with mom isn't helping matters any. :( I think she stresses her out.
I'll txt her and ask her the amount.
:) She did say that where Noah is has him right by the AC so with the heat that California is getting - she said at least he is comfortable...

lvpets2002
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
:) Yes maybe I can call in & get a new date that is paid up for.. I know the last I heard Noah was paid up till Sept 19th.. I am sure its more than that now.. :( Poor Kelly I am so sorry your Chrons is acting up.. I will bet its due to the new job & the stress.. That is when mine always acts up is if I have any changes in my life..

shais_mom
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
:) Yes maybe I can call in & get a new date that is paid up for.. I know the last I heard Noah was paid up till Sept 19th.. I am sure its more than that now.. :( Poor Kelly I am so sorry your Chrons is acting up.. I will bet its due to the new job & the stress.. That is when mine always acts up is if I have any changes in my life..
that'd be great if you have time to do that- :)
I know Kelly would appreciate it since she might not have time during work..

lvpets2002
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
:) Ok I just talked to Margie at Noah's Spa && he is paid up until October 15th.. Woo Hoo == And thats so Great.. The Spa says they have Noah scheduled to stay until Nov. 29th.. So this is 49 days X $10.00 = $490.00.. I will donate again myself.. So guys lets see if we can regroup & can get this baby Noah paid up thru November 29th.. Many Thanks ;)
that'd be great if you have time to do that- :)
I know Kelly would appreciate it since she might not have time during work..

Karen
09-10-2007, 11:43 AM
What a great update, thanks!

shais_mom
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
:) Ok I just talked to Margie at Noah's Spa && he is paid up until October 15th.. Woo Hoo == And thats so Great.. The Spa says they have Noah scheduled to stay until Nov. 29th.. So this is 49 days X $10.00 = $490.00.. I will donate again myself.. So guys lets see if we can regroup & can get this baby Noah paid up thru November 29th.. Many Thanks ;)
thanks for the update! :)
that's awesome! :D

gini
09-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Has anyone heard how Kelly is doing? I left her a phone message, but haven't heard back.

I hope Mr. Noah is doing well too and hopefully his hotel bill has been paid up.
I did mail a check directly to Balcom Canyon Pet Lodge.

Laura's Babies
09-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Bringing this forwards to see if there are any updates... Do they still need any donations?

DrKym
09-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Bringing this forwards to see if there are any updates... Do they still need any donations?

Not sure but I will help too.

lvpets2002
09-28-2007, 02:22 PM
:) My Last update was post #132.. Paid till Oct 15th.. I just tried to call Balcom Canyon Pet Lodge & of no answer.. I will keep trying to call for a current update ok..

gini
09-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I sent a check that cleared my bank on 9/19 which should have extended Noah's care for an additional ten days past the 10/15 date.

I haven't heard from Kelly and I emailed her and called her. I am just hoping that she is alright.

Laura's Babies
09-28-2007, 06:46 PM
QUESTION... I have scrolled thorugh the post and hope I didn't miss anything.. Is he still at Belcom? (just want to make sure!)

Craftlady
09-28-2007, 09:17 PM
QUESTION... I have scrolled thorugh the post and hope I didn't miss anything.. Is he still at Belcom? (just want to make sure!)

Yes he is still there.

Laura's Babies
09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks!

shais_mom
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I talked with Kelly today for a short time. She's doing just fine and her kitties are great too.
She hopes to update soon! :D

Catty1
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Good to hear! I hope she gets to move soon! :)

sasvermont
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I sent a check for one more week......on Friday. It should be there and credited to Noah by the end of this week. I didn't want to put it on a credit card. :rolleyes:

I hope Kelly finds some peace soon.

NoahsMommy
10-02-2007, 12:48 AM
:o :o :o
I'm so sorry, you guys. I didn't mean to go away and not come back for like, forever! :o :(

First, Noah is still at Balcom and he's doing well. I started a new, full-time job on 9/4 and only get to see him on Saturdays now. But he loves time we spend together and to me, its even MORE precious.

As far as visiting with Phoebe and Basil, I have a standing "Thursday after work date" with them and Megan (My good friend who is taking fabulous care of them.) as she/they live on my way home from work and that is her get out of work/school early night. :) I also get to see them on the weekends whenever I want as well.

Visiting Micah and Jonah (Although I think CiCi/Phil are going to keep Jonah permanently as we rescued him together - long story short, he's hers and he's happy.) is much the same as with Phoebe/Basil except for the Thursday thing. Although I could go see him/them after work on Mondays because CiCi doesn't work that day. I may just start that as well. I love my babies!

So Monday=Micah & Jonah nights
Thursday=Phoebe & Basie nights
Saturday=Noah @ Balcom Canyon
Phoebe/Basie @ Megan's house
Micah/Jonah @ CiCi's house

Like I said above, I started a new job! Yay!!! I'm a Medical Assistant to a Orthopedic Surgeon - we're in a large practice; 6 offices, including our own MRI center, 12 - 13 MD's, a few assistant surgeons, 15 Medical Assistants, 6-8 X-rays Techs, not counting the staff for the MRI Center (Radiologists, MRI techs, etc.) 25 - 30 front office staff....etc. Its really neat working in a LARGE, SUCCESSFUL medical practice. Especially coming from where I've come from....granted working at the Dermatology Associates was very nice and they were largish with their 2 locations and 6 MDs and 2 PAs...this is pretty darn cool.

The doctor I work for is named Dr. Turk and the first week or so, I thought he hated me. Turned out, he just needed to make sure I was competent before he trusted me first. Now we get along...when I make a mistake...which usually means not knowing where some random thing is that he needs right then or there for the patient we're treating, he's cool about it. That first week, I wouldn't have thought he'd be the same person.

So, I go to work, come home, eat dinner, relax, relax, relax some more, go to a shrink appointment to keep my stress level down, if its Thursday I'll see Phoebe/Basie on the way home, otherwise I kick back and read or go for a walk and then hop into bed. I MUST keep my health in tact, in REMISSION and keep it there. No more firings. I'm done with all that.

As usual, the Thursday before I was to start this job I started creeping into a Crohn's attack. I saw my Pain Doc (who was just diagnosed with Crohn's!!!) and he prescribed me some new meds, strict bed rest until Tuesday AM (1st day at work), clear fluids, upped my maintenance meds and threatened a hospital trip for some yummy steroids if I didn't show signs of improvement by Saturday. Thank God, I was finally feeling better on Saturday AM and narrowly avoided the hospital and those dreadful steroids. (ACKKKK!!!!)

So, I think that’s it thus far. I like my job and my co-workers...and Dr. Turk is growing on me. I think we're growing on each other. ha ha Doctors are a funny creature - I'll fit right in when I grow up. ;)

I hope I've answered everyone's questions. Oh! I've sent out some of my 'thank you' via snail mail this past week or two. I sent out a bunch in this morning’s mail and will do the same in Wednesday's mail. If you haven't already given me your mailing address by PM, would you mind doing that? I REALLY enjoy sending "thank you" cards and its something that means a lot to me to do, especially in this situation.

Thank you, my glorious PT Family. I love you ALL.

Love, Kelly & Noah

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

krazyaboutkatz
10-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Hi Kelly,
I'm glad to hear that you like your new job and that you and your furkids are all doing well.:) I hope that your crohns will continue to stay in remission and that you'll remain painfree. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

AmberLee
10-02-2007, 01:04 AM
Thank you.

I hope things continue to improve for you.

What is the status w/Noah at Balcom?

shais_mom
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
thanks for the update girlfriend~ :D

gini
10-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Kelly, it is so good to hear from you. I was worried your silence meant you were not feeling well - instead you are just busy - and taking good care of yourself! Your new job sounds great - enjoy every minute of it - and soon you will have that Dr. wrapped around your pinkie!!

lbaker
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
~ I bet that pinkie has pink glitter nailpolish on it too :D ;) So good to hear from you Kelly. Sorry I missed you on my oh-too-short visit to So Cal a few weeks ago. Next time for sure. Take gentle care of yourself.... :cool:

phesina
10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Wonderful news! So glad to hear that things are working out so well.

Pat

shais_mom
10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Thank you.

I hope things continue to improve for you.

What is the status w/Noah at Balcom?
I didn't realize I had their phone number -I found it and
I called today and Noah is payed until 10-31-07....

shais_mom
10-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Kelly txted me tonite and she wanted to update this thread but by the time she got to it the winds due to the firestorms caused her to shut the computer down. She'll update as soon as she can....

Catty1
10-23-2007, 12:25 AM
I had a PM from her that she had some $ from people that had sent it to her, in her account. But yeah, the winds were really bad...I hope she stays safe!

NoahsMommy
10-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't been able to get out to see Noah for the past TWO WHOLE weeks due to my body being annoyingly naw-tee. (but I've been calling and annoying the phone girls. ha ha) Turns out, Noah's FUR decided to protest!! I recieved a call yesturday from Balcom Canyon saying that Noah's fur has become really matted (it was starting to in the past month - its the way he rolls around and twists on his back) and they felt that he needed to be shaved ASAP due to a cat's delicate skin structure. Of course, the call was very garbled and I only heard "Noah - skin - bleeding - in tact - what to do - a guy here - bites - call us ASAP??" :eek: :eek:

Luckily they were only concerned because of his baby soft skin under the matts he'd created. As most of you know, CiCi and I shave Noah at least once a year. With all that's been going on, that didn't happen and now his fur is "real pretty" and I'm sure is uncomfortable whereever the matts are. Poor baby. :(

So, we elected to have Balcom take Noah to a local vet and have them shave him. Normally, I would have taken him to CiCi's during the weekend and done it ourselves, but the people on the phone said it was "really bad" and I didn't want him in ANY pain. I called today to check and see how things went, but haven't gotten a call back. I gave them a huge talking to (in a nice way, of course) about how you have to hold him while shaving him so he's "OK" and wont bite, how he needs someone to talk nicely to him the entire time, that he's VERY sensitive when the clippers get anywhere near his, um..."sensitive and manly" areas, etc. I'm sure the girl was like, uh huh crazy cat lady, whatever.

Although, we have PROGRESS and GOOD NEWS about Noah's behavior....HOPE! The girl on the phone that told me about his poor fur told me that one of the guys that takes care of the cats is able to PET Noah and Noah actually LIKES him!!!! I've met this guy and he's SO GOOD, he's VERY respectful of all the kitties that stay at Balcom.

This is really, really good news. She also mentioned one or two of the girls can pet him too....if that guy is with Noah. This is great progress. YAY!!!

I'll try to update more tomorrow. I'm off to go eat some dinner, I'm so sorry I haven't been here, I've been so busy with work and my stupid body. (ugh)

Thank you all so much for your financial help! I was so amazed to see what Staci posted, that he is paid until 10/31! I cannot tell you how much this helps me. My parents are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo non-supportive with Noah being there. When I told them he had to be shaved they got all mad at me. :( Its so rediculous!!! Anyway, your help is a blessing, thank you so very much. If you have donated on Noah's behalf and have NOT recieved a "thank you", will you please PM me your address??? Its real important to me that I send these to you all. (Some have expressed they don't want one, and that's OK....no worries. :) )

OK...More tomorrow when I hear how Noah's snip and clip went.

Love, Kelly & Noah

P.S. Oh, he's NOT bleeding....it was just the wierd message. Sorry.

Catty1
10-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Don't worry Noah - the BIG snip was over a long time ago! :)

10/31 is coming up next Wednesday....but Kelly, did you say you still had some in your account from Noah donations?

Please update when you can...and I hope you are feeling better!

slleipnir
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Glad to know things are going better :)

NoahsMommy
10-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey there!

I got a call back from Balcom Cyn this morning - they left me a message on my voicemail. She said as per the vets office when they picked Noah up, he did well, no one said anything like, "OH MY GOD! THAT CAT IS SATAN!!! HE BITES! HE BIT THE GROOMER! DOES HE HAVE RABIES??? DO YOU HAVE HIS VACCINE RECORDS? ETC..." ;) :o :cool: She said I could call the vets office to see how he did if I wanted to get a first hand account, but I don't need to, just as long as nothing happened and he's OK.

She said, "He did well and he looks good". That's enough for me. I can't wait till tomorrow so I can go out and see my little furless man!! I wonder how much they shaved him? Usually he gets CiCi & Kelly's version of the Lion Cut - we leave his tail because he looks manly that way...and we leave more on his back and limbs. So, I'm readying myself to see Noah in an actual Lion Cut....I WILL be taking pictures and posting here sometime this weekend for you all. :)

As far as $$. I have approx. $200 in savings from donations that people sent directly to me for his care and/or lodging. My parents get all testy with me if I try to spend my own money (paycheck) on anything but food for Noah or the other three. They feel that because I owe them so much $$, that any $$ coming in for me automatically is theirs and how I spend it, is up to THEM.

I do actually have a plan. (yay?) After hearing that Noah is allowing one or more people to pet/touch him WITHOUT me even being there makes me feel very, very positive. I'm going to start making signs to put up EVERYWHERE I can. I think that if I can find someone that DOES NOT have any other cats, or maybe a non-alpha cat and is VERY, VERY understanding and willing to give Noah space, quiet and time, maybe he is fosterable at this point? I think maybe he just needed me - and the people at Balcom (unbeknowst to me) to work with him. Who knows?

So, I'm going to need your prayers and your advice on this one. Do you all think this is a good time? Do you think the feedback I've gotten is enough to go on for making him a fostering candidate?

What do you all think??

I'll update this weekend, sometime after I see my Lion, Noah. ;)

Hugs, Kelly & Noah

moosmom
10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Kelly,

I'm glad that Noah has seemed to calm down. I'm going to make a suggestion here. It is from my heart and I beg you not to bash me or call me evil. I'm saying this because I have only Noah's best interest at heart.

Have you given any thought to finding a permanent home for Noah. One with no other cats or animals, and someone who has the patience and time that Noah needs.

I know how much you adore Noah. Uprooting time after time, after time is not fair to him. I know it's a difficult decision to make, and believe me, I've had to make it.

You've been in my prayers honey. I hope you'll think about what I said.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))))

NoahsMommy
10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello!!!

I got to spend a few hours with my Noah this weekend and I got the shock of my life!! For those that have had the pleasure of Noah's...uhm...odd personality...(not towards me, of course)...you'll experience some of what I did.

I walked into the 2nd Kitty Bungalow armed with treats and a fleece blankie because I knew Noah would be a lot more nekked with his new 'do. When I walked in and found him sitting on the lower bed/area/shelf of his kitty apartment/condo I was shocked!!! Shocked because there was a Tuxie kitty named 'Cricket' that was getting his cage cleaned by Sam, the young guy that Noah likes and one of the "phone girls" was in there too helping with the kitty litter and playing with Cricket. Noah was sitting there like he was on my couch, watching me brush my hair or opening a bag of catnip - he was happy, calm and INTERESTED in what they were doing! His eyes were bright and HAPPY.

I immediately asked Sam and the girl (I forget her name, as we only spoke for about 20 minutes vs the hour or so I spent with Sam) how Noah was doing and they both chimed in with, "Good! He looks sooooo cute with his lion cut! He's a REALLY good boy!" I said (shocked as heck that someone finally was getting to see MY NOAH), 'wait, what? he's been, nice to you??? really???' And then we discussed Noah while I went into his condo/apartment and gave him love and he purred and I fussed over him like he likes - especially after a hair cut like that. Here are some pictures and then I'll tell you all what they said...and some more about Balcom Cyn. I left there feeling so much better, happier, KNOWING that there is no way Noah would act like that all the sudden if he were unhappy. I knew in my heart this was the correct choice and you all helped to make that possible when I couldn't. Thank you all so much.

OK, here's Noah....the perfect, "pet-sized" Lion:

"Ooooh, is that my mommy???"
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12121.jpg

"Yep, but I'm gonna play 'hard to get' until she loves on me and tells me how cute I am!"
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12191.jpg

"OK, I'll get up...I want kisses and she must see the rest of me, I'm darned cute like this!!"
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12111.jpg

*stttrrrreeeeettttccccccchhhhhhhh*
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12071.jpg

"Getting some pets from Meowmie..."
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12043.jpg

A few more coming.... :)

NoahsMommy
10-29-2007, 06:05 PM
"Mmmmm....."Temptations"....."
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12061.jpg

"Good treats, I'm gonna go in my cave and take a bath now"
****CUTE Tail Shot!!****
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12041.jpg

The End...of the pictures...until next weekend.

Will update more later. Gotta go home. :)

NoahsMommy
10-30-2007, 06:05 PM
teehee hee. Doesn't Noah look so cute all shaved??? He looks all scrawny without all that fluff and fuzz and fur. So cute!!! I just love that fuzzball. :) :) :)

Lets see...where to continue?? Basically, Noah may be fosterable, or he may just be better off where he's at. He's obviously happy, healthy and doing so well with all the quiet (which he absolutely requires) and special attention from Sam and the girls during the week, then me on the weekends (I just found out I'm allowed to visit on Sundays too!! I just have to call and make sure they know I'm coming so I don't scare the crap outta someone.

There is a woman that lives on the premises and she has an adorable golden retriever that sits on your feet when you greet him so you "can't" walk away and have to pet and love on him "forever". Is that not the cutest thing? :) I guess she also knows Noah! She's been into the kitty bungalow and talks to all the kitties at night or early morning before the 'crew' gets there. Isn't that sweet? The 'crew' and the lady that lives there/owns the place now know why Noah is there and guess what? Cricket, the tuxie kitty and is there for the SAME reason and got there in July when Noah got there. I guess they are buddies, according to Sam. Sam also said that they have a dog that has been at Balcom for 7 years! I guess his owner is very ill, but she doesn't have anywhere else to put him and knows that if taken to a shelter, they would put him down. I guess she comes to visit - picks him up and takes him for the day - each Saturday and has been doing this for the entire 7 years!

I mean, I know this situation isn't the most ideal, but its the best one I got for the time being. Noah has been there for 3 months and his attitude/behavior change has proved it was the best decision for the both of us.

Donna (and to anyone else thinking it), I've considered re-homing ALL of my cats. I can barely take care of myself, I don't know how I'm going to feel minute by minute, not just 'day by day'...but I've done it before and I can do it again. Noah, until this new discovery, hasn't been ABLE to behave himself in front of ANYONE but David and I, so if ANYONE else even tried to keep him, he'd maul them if touched and who knows what after that. (When he was fostered via that crazy collector lady from the Maine Coon Rescue - Crystal - he bit her husband a few times and her and any cat (!!! Noah likes other kitties!) that got near him!! And she supposedly "understood" kitties with "fear biting" issues, especially Maine Coons!! She was crazy, but she thought Noah wouldn't bite her - I have no idea why not since he gives MORE than enough warning (hissing, growling and crying), but she wasn't special, he'll go after anyone when scared, my poor baby.) Unless it was the right situation, of course, like in a home like Balcom where he's loved, givin his space, time to trust, understanding, and I'm able to be close so that he knows its 'OK' and can help ease the transition. I've been searching for exactly that for the past 2-years that I've lived at my mom's house. (You'll see in all the prior posts WHAT I've done to try and find these homes for ANY of my furballs.)

Like those that have met Noah, he's very, very, very scary if you aren't his mamma and he's in one of his moods. This cat has the ability to keep you in or out of a room....he's a 20 pound, angry/fearful cat. Granted, he warns, but when you're trying to get out and he's in the way, and doesn't understand that you walking towards him is to get away from him, he'd get worse and would then attack - he's an animal, unable to reason. I could never, ever in good conscious inflict that upon anyone. :(

The amazing people here** that have offered up their homes to foster him for me, I warned and gave a disclaimer, and I'm sure it sounded like I was talking them out of it, but I'm responsible for anything he does, anyone he bites. Now, the fostering sounds wonderful, but the people that offered are so far away. :( I know that with any of my others, it would be OK, but with Noah...that foster home needs to be close.

Or, I need to just leave my parents place for something else. This is something I am thinking about seriously. It would put my "relationship" with them at jeopardy - but with the complete lack of respect, concern and kindness they show me, its not like I'd be missing much, and actually, I may be gaining something - my life and my cats back (and most likely, my health will improve too, I know my mom has ALWAYS been a HUGE stressor for me)!

Its complicated, but in a nutshell, I'm going to plan for my escape in January. That will give me enough time to save my 'misc. $' I get for if something unexpected comes up like new medication, birthdays, toiletries, etc, to get some $$ behind me. I'll also have to start getting my money out of the savings account that I have, IN MY MOMS NAME (because of the divorce), so I'll have to transition that myself somehow. They have FULL CONTROL of my finances, I hand over my paycheck each week/every other week. :( :rolleyes: :mad:

I'm just going to (at the planned time) take MY paycheck and cash it or deposit in my savings and then move to wherever I find.

This is going to take A LOT of prayers....

**EVERYONE here is truly AMAZING. I hope you know, Donna (and anyone else) that this questions isn't offensive to me. Its something that concerned you - for me and for my Noah - I know where you are coming from, no worries. I've always believed that if you cannot personally take care of your animals, you shouldn't have them. But then, when it happens to you, after you HAVE been able to care for them, and when its because of health, not self-inflicted stupid decision making...I guess there is a gray area there. Gray area or not, my kitties deserve to be happy, healthy and in a home with someone who loves them more than anything. Luckily, in their current placement, that is what they have...even in Noah's case, Sam and all the girls can see "MY NOAH" and they adore him!

XOXOXOXOXO

Catty1
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Kelly - I hope you can get some free or really really cheap legal advice regarding all the money in your mom's name - scary! Also, a financial broker would probably talk to you for free...ask around quietly at work and see if someone knows someone really good. Brokers usually have a sense of what the law allows, although they aren't lawyers.

Please get some advice while you are planning your escape, ok? Please.

HUGS!

lbaker
10-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Kelly, I just wish I lived closer so I could take you alllll in! What a household THAT would be eh kiddo?? You DO need some legal/financial advise right now I agree. Is there a bank officer that could give you some "cheap" advise? Love you babe ~

Laurie

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Kelly, I'm so glad to hear and see that Noah is doing so well.:) Now I hope that you'll be able to find a great place to live because I know that you love being independent and having your cats with you. I hope that you'll be able to work out your finances and that you'll remain in good health. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
11-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Kelly, I just wish I lived closer so I could take you alllll in! What a household THAT would be eh kiddo?? You DO need some legal/financial advise right now I agree. Is there a bank officer that could give you some "cheap" advise? Love you babe ~

Laurie

ha ha...could you imagine my 4 and I moving in with your family and your glorious critter family? We'd sure have FUN...at the very least. (ha ha) You're so sweet, Laurie.

I agree that I'll be needing some advice on this matter. I'm going to check out "We the People" in the town I work in. Its a non-profit legal counseling group. Maybe they can help...or know someone I can talk with.

Thank you for suggesting this, I wouldn't have thought about it.

NoahsMommy
11-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Please get some advice while you are planning your escape, ok? Please.
HUGS!

Will do! Thanks for the advice.

Hugs, Kelly :)

NoahsMommy
11-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm going to go see my Noah today...as well as Phoebe & Basie Bee later on this evening...and I'm so excited!!! :) :) :)

I'm going to start looking for foster homes close to me...to ease the transition. I cannot afford Balcom, especially if I want/need to get out of my parent's house/control/jail. (ugh :( )

I'm going to ask around at work...make fliers and post them everywhere, ask my friends to ask every human they know, etc.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

If I can get some cute pictures today, I will. Noah is not a very good model these days...he moves right after posing for me. ha ha We'll see how he does today. I'll get some of Pee Pee and Basie Bee too.

Hugs & Love,
Kelly and Noah

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

NoahsMommy
11-16-2007, 04:49 PM
I was given a $50.00 gift card to PetSmart for my bday and so I spent it on a new bed, a luxurious blankie, a cat scratcher w hidey hole and lots of new toys for my No No. Here are the pictures of our 3-hour long visit. (I went after work and almost got locked in the kitty house with Noah and the others...would have been fine with me!!)

I let Noah out of his Condo while I redecorated for him, he loved that...and it was sooo cute, he'd explore for about 2 minutes at a time and then run back to me to be loved and played with. Aww...

Here are some pictures from my camera phone:

Exploring...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_17591.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18011.jpg

Coming to check out what I was doing...he wanted to "help"...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18021.jpg

He wanted some pets and a headbumpie/kisses from his meowmie...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18451.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18522.jpg

After getting his kisses and love, he found some of the catnip and catnip TOYS that were for him....
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18061.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18071.jpg

More coming...

NoahsMommy
11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Having a whole lot of fun attacking, rolling around and "killing" his toys...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18073.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18072.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18091.jpg

And then he remembered how much he enjoys Meowmie's purses...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18041.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18052.jpg

Dead Catnip Squirel (sp?)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18081.jpg
Dead Ball...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18482.jpg

More coming of his Condo Remodel... :)

NoahsMommy
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
New bed to curl up in...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18463.jpg

New cat scratcher with Hidey Hole and dangly toy...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18491.jpg
He LOVES this one!

His new, plush, soft, fuzzy blankie is on top of his "cave" where he loves to lie upon and look at the birdies outside his own window. There is also a new dangling feather toy (that will break away - so its safe)...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18452.jpg
(He's looking at his squirel in that picture...)

Giving his new upstairs renovations his "Seal of Approval". Look at that silly boy, he LOVES it!!!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18472.jpg

And finally, giving his "OK" to the first level of his Remodel...he's so funny. He's flipped over on his back here too...my sweet boy.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/110707_18542.jpg

I can't wait to visit him this weekend again. He's such a precious angel and its so nice to see him happy there. :) Oh! He even has his very own heater!! The girls came in to check on him while I was there and told me they check on him at least hourly (not counting twice daily condo cleaning and feeding times) and bought him his own heater because of his new hair do. Isn't that sweet? They love him there, thank God.

I hope you enjoyed the Noah updates. I should be seeing Phoebe, Basie and Micah and Jonah this weekend too. If I remember, I'll take some pictures with my camera phone too.

Hugs, Kelly and the Kitties

phesina
11-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh, isn't he a beautiful cat!

Scooter's Mom
11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
How long is Noah paid up for?

It's nice to see him having such a nice time! He's stunning.

crow_noir
11-17-2007, 01:49 AM
OMG! I love his tail. It's so cute!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/102807_12041.jpg

NoahsMommy
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
How long is Noah paid up for?
The last time I checked it was 10/31/07. I'll be visiting Noah tomorrow after church and I'll see if there is anyone there to check on that for me. They're closed Sundays, so I may have to wait until Monday. But either way, I'll update here. :)

Thanks for your kind words. Its so nice for me to see him happy and having fun too...it heals my heart and makes me so happy. Thank you, God!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-26-2007, 08:50 AM
He certainly does look very happy with his new things. Such a lovely looking pusscat too. Happy to donate a bit more if its needed :D

Scooter's Mom
12-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm afraid to ask this, but is Noah still paid up at his 'resort'? I'd hate for him not to have his wonderful home that he's so happy in for now.

lizbud
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm afraid to ask this, but is Noah still paid up at his 'resort'? I'd hate for him not to have his wonderful home that he's so happy in for now.

I was curious too. It's well past the 4 to 6 mos timeframe imagined
and I wondered how all was going. Has the big move to her own space
already happened? I hope everything turned out good. :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
It's well past the 4 to 6 mos timeframe imagined and I wondered how all was going.

Has the big move to her own space already happened?

We haven't heard much since Kelly had her wisdom teeth pulled ...
Her last post was this on November 26, 2007 >>>

Thank you all so much for the kind words and healing thoughts. Today is the first day I actually feel OK...I haven't had to take any of the pain meds for my mouth at all...something I didn't think possible these past few days - even yesturday!

I have to say, if I didn't have all four taken out, there is NO WAY I'd go back for more of this "fun". But....I think it really had more to do with me getting that dry socket the next day after surgery. That is the pain that I couldn't stand. It felt different from the surgical pain, it was this throbbing, radiating, stabbing, horrible pain - "worst pain, EVER" category. As soon as I went back into Dr. Rahn's office on Friday a.m. and they cleaned out my cute little sockets (yay!) and put that icky, yet numby clove medicine in, it help the pain after a few days - just look at me now!! I'm still being VERY cautious about eating ANYTHING because that part hurts, but I can talk and yawn without crying, which is a great.

Thank you!!!!

Love, Kelly and her sockets!

Located at Thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1938974 (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1938974)
I "get" to have All Four of my Wisdom Teeth out Tomorrow at 9:00 AM!

She hasn't mentioned Noah since before November 26th.

/s/ Phred
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Catty1
01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
I PM'd her....guessed her email addy to end in aol.com It bounced back.

Her website is down. :(

Will email the place where Noah is/was staying.

I hope everything is ok.

Karen
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I PM'd her....guessed her email addy to end in aol.com It bounced back.

Will email the place where Noah is/was staying.

I hope everything is ok.

She does not have an aol email address. If you'd like, you can eamil her through her profile that will go to her address of record. She was last logged on in early December.

Catty1
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Karen - but when I go to email her through her profile, it says to contact "administrator". :)

Would you PM me please?

Thanks! :)

Karen
01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Send me a PM with what you'd like to email to her, and I will forward it to her, that way I am not giving out her email address without permission.

Cinder & Smoke
01-02-2008, 07:20 PM

I Will email the place where Noah is/was staying.

:eek:

THAT's not such a good idea till we hear from Kelly!!

What's going on at the "resort" is really NONE of our business.
I'd hold that e-mail till we hear from Kelly!

/s/ Phred

Catty1
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I had the wrong email addy anyway. I PM'd a couple of people who had been in touch with the spa in case they had heard anything, and Karen has emailed Kelly.

shais_mom
01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I got an email earlier from Kelly - and I just replied back to her like 10 min ago that people are asking about her and Noah.
What I know of the situation is that she owes them a good sum of money. Any other info I'll let Kelly give.
She is having a rough time right now with living with her parents and while I know it is frustrating for us to not know what is going on - her mom really won't allow her the freedom to come and go as she pleases and post on the internet or talk on the phone. For as frustrated as we are, I can only imagine that it is a drop in the bucket for Kelly's frustration.
I'm leaving it at that, b/c I might have overstepped.

Karen
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I heard from Kelly tonight, and she thanks everyone for their concern. She will try to update us tomorrow from work when she gets a moment to spare, but sent hugs to everyone.

lizbud
01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I heard from Kelly tonight, and she thanks everyone for their concern. She will try to update us tomorrow from work when she gets a moment to spare, but sent hugs to everyone.

Thanks for the update Karen. Hope she has good news to share. :)

Catty1
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the update Karen. I hope she knows people here will donate (I can do NOTHING this month, but I hope things change so I can!)

Cinder & Smoke
01-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I heard from Kelly tonight (late Wednesday night), and she thanks everyone for their concern.

She will try to update us tomorrow (Thursday) from work when she gets a moment to spare ...

:confused:

It's now Friday/Saturday -
Has anyone heard from Kelly?

/s/ Phred

shais_mom
01-05-2008, 12:33 AM
She is having a rough time right now with living with her parents and while I know it is frustrating for us to not know what is going on - her mom really won't allow her the freedom to come and go as she pleases and post on the internet or talk on the phone. For as frustrated as we are, I can only imagine that it is a drop in the bucket for Kelly's frustration.

Allow me to stress that Kelly has a hard time getting ANY privacy at home. She has to be on all the time and on her best behaivor. Its a wonder she hasn't had a more major Chron's Relapse.- And not everyone has access or is allowed to post from work as others are.

moosmom
01-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Kelly and the crew will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Her parents should be ashamed of themselves. You're supposed to HELP your children. I think her parent's actions are exascerbating her Crohn's Disease by stressing her out. But that's MO.

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Kelly

Donna

Catty1
01-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I hope she can move soon! And get good financial advice.

I think folks can legally 'divorce' their parents, whatever it's called. At least, once she is on her own - she can screen her calls, even tell her parents to get help and offer to go with them, that being the only way she will see them.

PT Prayers for Kelly!

Ummm....should/could we send money to the spa anyway, knowing she's behind there? They've been so wonderful to Noah and Kelly.

phesina
01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Prayers for Kelly AND Noah, that they get the home of their dreams before too long.

Daisy and Delilah
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for sweet Kelly. She is such a sweetheart and I'm sorry she doesn't have a better life. I hope and pray that everything will change soon. She deserves the best :(

Karen
01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I do think donations to Noah's spa would still be a good idea, if anyone can help. It might take a little more stress off Kelly. She did not ask me to say this, it's just my 2 cents.

Catty1
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Please PM me the address of the spa, and I will do something when I can.

Anyone else want a PM????

Emeraldgreen
01-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I just discovered this thread for the first time today and have been coming back to it every few hours to read all 14 pages. What a story! It was like reading a book and I could hardly wait to see how it ended but it seems that part is still up in the air.
Everyone here has been so supportive and wonderful and Kelly, you have been through so much and I will pray that your life begins to get easier each day. I'm so sorry that your parents are making things more difficult for you than they need to be. You already have so much to deal with and I wish they would support whatever it is you choose for your life.
I think your dedication to Noah (and your other cats) is so awesome and reading about how his mood/personality began to change for the better and open up to others while at the boarding place was so great and an unexpected gift in all this. I have a Maine Coon too and they do have strong personalities!! But by the sounds of it, Noah has extra, extra amounts of this personality! :)
Please hang in there. I'm sure a wonderful change is just around the corner for you and your cats.
Could someone PM me the info for sending funds to the boarding place? I can't do much but I can definitely send something!!

Karen
01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Could someone PM me the info for sending funds to the boarding place? I can't do much but I can definitely send something!!

I will PM you!

phesina
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I will PM you!

Karen, please PM me too. Thanks.
Pat

Karen
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I did! Anyone else, feel free to PM me for the info!

Emeraldgreen
01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm wondering if anyone thinks it would help raise more funds for Noah by creating a link in Cat General to this thread here in Pettalk General. I'm kind of a newbie here (since July) and it was only until a few days ago that I ventured out of Cat General, Cat Health etc.. for the first time to the other chat sections of this site. There might be some more people who only hang out in the Cat section the way I had who might be moved to help Noah with funds for continued boarding if they knew about it and were able to read his story. The same way JennLibrarian did with Ally's story, creating a link in CatGeneral to Pettalk General. Reading that link was how I ended up in Pettalk General for the first time.
I've been away for a few days and when I logged on last night, I couldn't remember where I had seen the Noah thread and it took me about 5 minutes to find it (finally found it by entering the word Noah in the Search section).
Just a thought. :)
p.s. I don't feel comfortable creating a link because perhaps Kelly doesn't want that but maybe someone who knows her could do it if they knew she'd be okay with it?

shais_mom
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Emeraldgreen- I just created links in all three General Sections linking here. :)
I hope we hear from Kelly soon.

Laura's Babies
01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Someone PM me the address so I can send a donation.

orangemm
01-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Count me in, too, please. :(

Karen
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll send you both the info!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Me too please

catmandu
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I Just Wish I Was Closer As Those Cats Could Have My Upstairs Bedroom For As Long As They Needed It, No Charge.
We Are Sending Our Prayers That Kelly Will Not Lose Her Heart Kitty.
I Know How I Would Feel If It Was Joseph Or Michael Or Princess.

Karen
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
A little bird updated me on how much is owed the spa at this point, anyone can PM me if they want to know, or want to contribute. I am glad that they have kept Noah safe and happy despite money being owed, not every place would do that.

Noah and Kelly will still be in our prayers, for a better situation for her soon!

dukedogsmom
01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I can't do much but pm me too, please.

Cinder & Smoke
01-08-2008, 07:03 PM
A little bird updated me on how much is owed the spa at this point ...

I am glad that they have kept Noah safe and happy despite money being owed ...

:eek:
It's a LOT of money - OWED for days already stayed at the Spa ...

And the amount is INCREASING by $10.00 each and every day of the week ...
$300.00 every month!

There were two generous donations made today - one for 3 weeks and one for 1 week -
and they hardly made a dent in the total amount owed! :(

It will take a LOT of new donations to bring the bill current.

/s/ Phred

Karen
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
But every little bit will help, and will also take some stress off of Kelly. I have PM'd everyone who asked so far ...

Moesha
01-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Karen,
Please PM the information to me. I have to buy diabetic cat food and pay for 3 kitties to be vaccinated this month, but after those bills are paid I will see what is left in the animal envelope and hopefully will be able to contribute as well.
Thanks,
Moe

pnance
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I just saw this....please PM me, I'd like to help.

momtomany
01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Please PM me and I will see what I can do. It may not be much, but every little bit helps.

Karen
01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I PM'd all three of you. Thank you.

emily_the_spoiled
01-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Good morning Karen,

Can you please PM me the address?

Thanks

Karen
01-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Good morning Karen,

Can you please PM me the address?

Thanks

Ayup!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Just added up what the new make up I was going to buy would cost me and it amounts to a week at the spa for Noah!

Will be pasty faced for a bit longer now :D

Uabassoon
01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Kelly if you read this I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and helping you in spirit! I really wish I could help, but January is such a rough month for me. My tutition is due at the end of the week and I still have to buy all my textbooks. So for now I will send you as many positive thoughts as I can!

orangemm
01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
bump

lizbud
01-09-2008, 05:31 PM
It's good to know the kitties will be taken care of. :) Has anyone heard
how Kelly is doing health wise?

ShylanHal
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
This is AMAZING! This is the first time I've looked at this (talk about attentive, huh?) and I am amazed at how caring everyone is here on PT. Though I only read several pages (there are too many to really read them all!) I think I have an idea of what's going on.
I'd help myself, but I just used up all my paycheck on gas money and art supplies for school x.x
Once I get in a better place myself I'll be sure to help out though, because I know how it is to fear losing your soul-kitty. Though my problems weren't nearly as big as this.

shais_mom
01-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I got an email from Kelly - and here is a quick small update.
I'm going to try to talk to her on the phone tonite...
Noah and I are OK. I'm still planning on moving Feb 1st. I'm trying to find a place, but am having a hard time with them accepting my cats. As far as money, I'm planning on using my insurance $$ I'm getting from the accident I was in. Balcom has been calling me, wanting me to bring them some money, so I'll do that this weekend. I can't get out there until then and it's just going to have to be what I can pay, until I get Noah out of there on the 1st.

NoahsMommy
01-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm so very sorry I haven't updated you all. Thank you, Stace for keeping everyone updated at least to my situation and what I'm living with at "home". (((((Stace))))))

My "home" gets worse every day. I'm finding myself reverting back to when I was a young teen where I'm constantly walking on egg-shells and saying ANYTHING just to make my mom shut-up and stop looking at me, my actions, my words, my everything. My parents - I'm not sure if you all know this - have FULL control over my money. Every cent I make, including my spousal support goes straight to them. If I don't allow this, I wont have a "home". I guess I figure that if I'm not functioning, how will I be any good to my babies, my kitties. Its horrible at home. I seek refuge in books and HATE when the weekend comes around because it means more time spent in their home. Its not always "OK" for me to leave home on the weekend to be with my friends...unless I'm on good terms and have done enough chores or "been well behaved" enough. If I leave without my mom in a good mood and happy that I'm going out to see whomever, I return to a very, very angry mother who reminds me that I live under their roof - their rules. Rules basically mean do whatever will keep my mom happy during her various moods. The hard part is that she is nice 40% of the time...its like a constant roller coaster.

My health? By the Grace of God, I'm still hanging in there. Daily, I feel not so great, but I know what is at stake if I don't push past it and be sure I still get to work and do my job. Especially where I'm at right now, I CANNOT loose this job. There are days when I feel so ill, I don't want to leave my bed or my bathroom. Its a toss up what attitude I'll get when my mom finds out. I've had days where I'm running to and from the bathroom all day, and I'm having to also clean the oven, dust, whatever because they're having a get together that night. Not only can I not hide in my room during said get together, I have to be "on" and happy and helpful. (Stace is dead on!) I have ZERO privacy almost 100% of the time. I've been hiding in the bathroom lately, bringing a book with me and pretending I'm using the bathroom. Isn't that sad??? :(

Luckily, I'm doing everything in the little power I have to keep my health in check, as far as I can at least. I'm eating right, taking all my medications (even though I hate taking all these meds) and am seeing my doctors on time and even seeing a Christian Therapist at my church. She confirmed what I already know - I'm beging emotionally abused at "home". She days I MUST get out of my parents house...and I'm praying God will help me find the perfect spot for me and my four. (#5, Jonah is going to stay at CiCi's house as we both rescued him.)

Reading here that you all are willing to donate MORE $$ to help Noah and I...is utterly amazing to me. I know I've said that before, and I know my PT family are the BEST in the whole wide world (and them some!)...but I guess, I don't know. I'm just overwhelmed I think. I'm not used to this and fully understand the value of hard earned money. Thank you sooooo very much!

Like Staci posted for me, my plan is to move out Feb 1st. I know my parents are going to FREAK OUT, but I don't really care. They treat my brother with so much respect and he left our family for FOUR years and came back without any "reason" for his leaving. My mom accepts him as he is. Me?? Heck no! Lately, I can't seem to do anything right and am being blamed for things out of my control. I used to be able to joke around with my mom when she got all uppity about something or someone. Now, I get yelled at and reminded I live "under our roof". I know my leaving will cause a huge rift between us...but its gone way too far. I'm almost 30-years old and I'm a GOOD, mature, respectful person. I know that and I too am shocked daily at the treatment I recieve from the people that are supposed to HELP me, not HINDER me.

On a happier note. :) My kitties are ALL doing very well. I see them weekly at the very least. That is something I'm "allowed" to do...but they don't always know thats what I'm doing. Yes, I'm very lucky Balcom has kept Noah for me, even though I owe them money. They're very kind that way and I've told them of my situation...maybe that's why? I know they all love Noah...that helps too, I'm certain. I need to call them and tell them about my plans and when I'm taking Noah to our new HOME...FINALLY. :D

OK, I better get some work done. I'll be SURE to at least check back here daily. Even if it means I have to do it at work when no one is looking. That's what I'm doing today, my bosses are out until Monday, so I have more flexibility. When they are here, I don't have this luxury, we aren't allowed to do this. (Nawtee Kelly, ha ha)

Thank you all so very much for your concern, well wishes, positive thoughts, your generosity, help and your love. I'm so so very grateful for you all.

Hugs & Love, :) :)
Kelly, Noah, Basie, Phoebe & Micah

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anikaca77
01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
But every little bit will help, and will also take some stress off of Kelly. I have PM'd everyone who asked so far ...

Please PM me the address too I can't do much but I'll do what I can. You guys have always been there when I needed it.

Karen
01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I did!

Kelly, thanks for checking in with us.

NoahsMommy
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I wanted to share something with you all. Something that has become even more concrete since this whole drama. Despite what I've told you all about my mom (and honestly, it hurts me to put this in writing, that she'd see me writing bad things about her. Honestly, there are WONDERFUL things about her that can outweigh the bad...but lately, all I've seen is bad. :( ) , she raised me to believe in helping others in any way I can. I've translated that and applied it to my every day life even more than she intended. I know people say, "If I won the lottery" or "If I was rich..." I'd do such wonderful things. I know with all my heart that if I get to where I want to be in my career (becoming a doctor, specialist really) and I earn money to enable me to help others, I cannot tell you how satisfied I will be. Not only will I get to help sick people, but I'd be able to donate my time and expertise as well as give $$ and time to other needs. That is my ultimate dream and my goal. I WILL reach it, with God's help.

While recieving this help from you all is so utterly amazing, I still cannot find the right words. It makes me feel a little bad, that I cannot help myself and that I cannot help others right now. But I found a way today!! I was given a gift card by my boss for Christmas for Baja Fresh (fresh mexican food place) and there is this homeless vet that sits on one of the corners close to my work every day....he has his sign and his container for money and it saddens me to see that he is in such great a need. (I wouldn't give money, only help, as you never know the situation) I bought lunch for him and I this afternoon and I felt so much better. I didn't do this so I could tell anyone - and you are the only people I'm telling - but to share and illustrate my point.

Point: When you feel like you have NOTHING to give another person or need, you can find creative ways to do so. Money is not everything...if you have the heart to help, you can find ways to do so. I guess I always knew that, but because I've been so, whatever I am right now, I forgot. Even in my situation, I can pass along kindness. I thank God so greatly for reminding me of this.

Anyway, I hope you all didn't mind my sharing this. I firmly believe in paying it forward and have always done so, in different ways. But I'd felt so terrible that my current situation wouldn't allow me to continue. To be reminded that I can help others, no matter what my situation makes me so happy. :) :) :)

I also wanted to share this with you all because of what you're doing for me and my Noah. I want you to know how much I appreciate it and other than my gratitude, this is a way I can show you how much it means to me. Does that make sense??

Love, Kelly :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Makes perfect sense to me Kelly, I am just so sorry to read what a hard time you are having.

I have sent my donation to Val using paypal so she will pass it on like last time.

Take care

Hugs and kisses

Denise

NoahsMommy
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I got this in my email this morning...its in response to an ad I found for sharing a (Really nice, SAFE) apartment with a college-age female!!!

Hi Kelly! Yes, the apt is still available. And yes, I love cats. Let me know a phone number where I can reach you so we can chat more about the place. My number is (000)000-0000. Hope to hear back from you soon!
thanks.
Kristin

Yay!! I'm going to call her as soon as I get off from work today!

:) :) :) :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2008, 11:38 AM
I got this in my email this morning...its in response to an ad I found for sharing a (Really nice, SAFE) apartment with a college-age female!!!

Hi Kelly! Yes, the apt is still available. And yes, I love cats. Let me know a phone number where I can reach you so we can chat more about the place. My number is (000)000-0000. Hope to hear back from you soon!
thanks.
Kristin

:) :) :) :) :)

Kelly, This is great news!!!:D I hope that everything will work out so you can move out of your parents home asap and get back to being able to live with your furkids again.:) Please continue to keep us updated.

NoahsMommy
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Kelly, This is great news!!!:D I hope that everything will work out so you can move out of your parents home asap and get back to being able to live with your furkids again.:) Please continue to keep us updated.

Thank you, Tracey! :) (((Hugs)))

I PROMISE to make sure to update everyone at least weekly, if I cannot get on daily. I'm so sorry I haven't been doing that. I guess I just hate being so negative and putting that on people. But I know that if the situation was turned around, I would hate if my friend/s didn't come to me when they were down...negative or not.

Killearn Kitties
01-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you on this one! It would be great if this worked out.
Good luck! :D

Catty1
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
HUGS! WOOHOO! all fingers, eyes and paws crossed here! :D

gini
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Kelly, I so hope this works out for you!

jennielynn1970
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh that sounds like a good sign about the apartment!!! Fingers crossed for you here!!

kuhio98
01-11-2008, 12:21 PM

thanks.
Kristin

:) :) :) :) :)Kelly ~ If this one doesn't work out, keep trying. Have you talked to people at your church? One of them may be looking for a roomate.

NoahsMommy
01-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Kelly ~ If this one doesn't work out, keep trying. Have you talked to people at your church? One of them may be looking for a roomate.

Hi there,

I've sent emails to everyone I know in CA to keep their eyes and ears out for anyone that is looking to move and needs a roommate as well as people that have places for rent.

My next step is making my phone calls and I'll try and do that during my lunch hour. :) The church is an excellent idea. I belong to a large church and I bet they even own rental properties to help out thier congregation. Thanks for the idea!!! :D

jennielynn1970
01-11-2008, 12:42 PM
The church is an excellent idea. I belong to a large church and I bet they even own rental properties to help out thier congregation. Thanks for the idea!!! :D

I rented from the Moravian Church for a few years, and it was sooooooo reasonably priced. I wasn't even Moravian, but they advertised an apt. for rent, and it was a great deal.

phesina
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Prayers and best wishes, Kelly. We so hope you and your kitty family will soon have a comfortable, safe home.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

carole
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-HugsPurrs01.gif

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/woohoo.gif

All the best dearest Kelly, wish i could help,my thoughts are with you.

http://www.gjdesigns.dk

shais_mom
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
I wondered why everyone was congratulating you!:)
I missed this! :D
I have everything crossed that can be crossed - even my hair!!!
let us know what happens! :D
xoxoxo

dukedogsmom
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Kelly, best of luck to you! I hope you can get out of your current situation and soon. You deserve a lot more happiness and peace than you're getting. I just wish we could do more for you. I hope you get good news soon.

Cincy'sMom
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Lotsof thoughts and prayers for you and your clan, Kally. I hope this apartment works out for you!

pnance
01-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Good luck Kelly, I really hope everything works out with this apartment.

NoahsMommy
01-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Ugh....I hit a button and it deleted my whole update!!! UGH!!!

OK, real quick. I'm going to leave home in a few to go meet with the person I spoke about in my prior update - the one who responded about having an apartment and wanting to meet.

The place is an ArchStone Community....which means its VERY NICE and VERY SAFE! Kristen is almost a physical therapist, so we're both facinated and in the same field! The other amazingly wonderful thing??? SHE LOVES CATS and cannot wait to meet mine!!! She wanted to hear all about them and didn't flinch (at least on the phone) when I said I had four that come with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cost is a bit expensive, but I'll be able to manage. There are some possible changes coming up for me work and salary-wise, for the good, and with my spousal support and regaining FULL control of MY paychecks and spousal support, plus my insurance payout...I'm set. Thank you God!!

I'll be back online when I return to let you all know how it goes. It was so great talking to Kristen, we agreed on so many things and have A LOT in common.

OK, I'm off to print out pics of my kitties so she can see, and fall in love with, them. ;) :D :)

Be back to update in a few hours. I'm very fortunate to have this online time at home today. My parents are otherwise distracted for reasons I'll go into later.

Love you guys!!!! :)

Karen
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Tell her you have a whole website of people for references if she wants 'em!

NoahsMommy
01-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Tell her you have a whole website of people for references if she wants 'em!

WILL DO!!!!! Seriously, I'll totally do it!! :)

I just finished (waiting for printing to be done so I can leave) making my pictures pages of my babies. My heart is in my tummy and I can't stop the LES! I love these critters more than almost anything in the whole world...gotta put God at #1, you know. :) Please keep the prayers, good thoughts and vibes that whereever we end up its SOON and as it should be. I don't want to "force" anything.

phesina
01-13-2008, 06:56 PM
God bless you, Kelly. I so hope this works out for you. So far it sounds perfect!

Pat