PDA

View Full Version : Sweaters

jenrens
07-25-2002, 09:57 PM
Hello there,
I have never posted to this forum before but have been lurking for quite a while. I just love this site. I own 1 dog and two cats.
My oldest feline (little cat only he is not so little anymore) has the strangest affection for my sweaters. Especially cashmere or wool.
He actually takes them out of my drawers! He hides them and loves to cuddle with them. I have had several cats and know quite a few cat owners and none of them have seen this behaviour before. Does anyone here have a cat with a fondness for sweaters? It' s quite funny, we find them everywhere but he only takes mine.
Bye for now
Jen:D

aly
07-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Nope, my kitty is not a sweater thief. It sounds cute though!!

Glad you decided to start posting. Welcome :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-25-2002, 10:38 PM
AWWW SOUNDS CUTE!!
mine don't steal anything of mine either...:)
AND WELCOME TO PET TALK!!:D

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2002, 12:11 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. My cats don't steal any of my clothes. After I do my laundry I put my jeans on the edge of my bed so they can continue to dry, my cats love to sleep on them. If I put sweaters there they would probably sleep on them too. :)

yorkster
07-26-2002, 12:20 AM
I have heard about cats that are attracted to fabrics like wool, cashmere, etc.
None of my cats have ever done that, but it sounds cute- you should get some pics of it! :D

Welcome to Pet Talk, BTW! :)

lynnestankard
07-26-2002, 04:10 AM
WELCOME JENRENS - AFTER LURKING SO LONG GLAD YOU POSTED.
BE VERY CAREFUL - YOU'LL GET ADDICTED - WE ALL DID!!

AND - YES - WE HAD A CAT WITH A SWEATER FETISH!! SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL SIAMESE CALLED KISI (R/B) AND SHE SIMPLY ADORED ANYTHING WOOLLY!! SO MUCH SO - WHEN SHE;D FINISHED CUDDLING - SHE ATE THEM!!
HONESTLY - THE WHOLE FAMILY LOOKED LIKE A CLOUD OF MOTHS HAD DESCENDED! EVERYTHING WE WORE HAD HOLES IN - SWEATERS, SCARVES, GLOVES, WOOLY HATS IN WINTER!!
I BECAME QUITE ADEPT AT SEWING 'CUTE' PATCHES OVER THE LESSER HOLES IN SWEATERS!
WE ASKED THE VET ABOUT IT - AND HE HAD HEARD OF IT - BUT HE'D NEVER MET A WOOL OBSESSED CAT - SHE WAS THE FIRST! IT DID HER NO HARM. MADE THE FAMILY A BIT TIDIER TOO - THEY BEGAN TO PUT STUFF AWAY!
STILL MISS THE VERY SPECIAL FURGIRL THAT LEFT A BIG HOLE IN OUR SWEATERS AND LIVES.

LYNNE

PS. ONCE AGAIN - SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.,

emily_the_spoiled
07-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Welcome jenrens

You are not the only person who has a kitty that "likes" sweaters. I am a knitter and Emily has developed a fondness for mohair wool. If I am working on a sweater she tries her hardest to sleep either on the wool itself or on a part of the sweater that I have completed. Once the sweater is finished it is like a magnet and she LOVES it. If I lay it on the bed, she is there ASAP. If I am wearing the sweater and happen to be laying on the sofa she will immediately be on top of me. Although she doesn't take them out of the closet (probably because I have them on the top shelf). I am sure that if I made her a liner for her bed I would never see her again :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-26-2002, 11:00 AM
What delightful, descriptive stories! I'm picturing kitties running after the mohair sheep in the fields-- perhaps snuggled on the back of a ewe!?!

THE WHOLE FAMILY LOOKED LIKE A CLOUD OF MOTHS HAD DESCENDED! EVERYTHING WE WORE HAD HOLES IN - SWEATERS, SCARVES, GLOVES, WOOLY HATS IN WINTER!!

NoahsMommy
07-26-2002, 11:36 AM
How cute!! One of our cats, Noel, loves anything that is made with that synthetic wool stuff that they use to line cat/dog beds! She goes crazy for that! We got her a toy that was made from it and she likes to carry it around in her mouth! :)

Welcome to PetTalk!! :D

jenrens
07-26-2002, 12:23 PM
I am so happy to hear these lovely stories. They just make me smile....I am happy too that Little Cat is not alone!!