PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Nitis and me and Tiny

sumbirdy
07-30-2007, 02:14 AM
I don't think I ever introduced Nitis or Tiny on here. I had a whole other thread a while back where I introduced the other dogs but I can never get good pics of Nitis and Tiny. (Still can't as you can tell) These were taken via web cam so please excuse the poor quality.

Nitis is a 1 year old dachsund(sp?)/corgi/terrier mix. He is the son of two strays. RB Beetle who was the dachsund/corgi mix. He looks just like Beetle except for he has more of a terrier build (Beetle had a corgi build) and when he's alert he has big pointy ears. You can't tell it from these pics because he is sleepy. His mother is Daphney, our epeleptic dog (something I hope she doesn't pass on to her son) Nitis was part of an "OOPS!" litter. A good example of why you shouldn't keep putting off getting your dog spayed (Daphney was spayed a few months after the weaning of her pups) We kept Nitis because he had the exact markings of his father. Nitis means "friend" in native american.

Tiny is a 3 year old golden retriever/samoyed mix. My mom bought him on an impulse. They were selling him in front of Wal-mart. Yes, it was not a bright decision (on both parts) But fortunatly we got lucky with a great dog and 3 years later he's still here! (Not that we'd give him up anyway.) I would like to add that I was not with them at the time. Mom just saw a ball of fluff and fell in love. Little did she know he would turn into a big dog that whines and whines and whines when he needs to go out and potty (or do other doggy things) and he loves the word "outside". He starts dancing around and barking if you say "wanna go outside?" (He even knows when you're spelling the word!)
As you might be able to tell in his pictures, Tiny has a case of atopic dermatitis. It's supposed to be caused by allergies and it flares up every now and then. (Well actually it's always there it just gets worse from time to time.)

Well, I hope you enjoy the awful pics of my wonderful dogs!

chocolatepuppy
07-30-2007, 05:20 AM
Nitis and Tiny are both adorable! :D