PDA

View Full Version : I found Ivy's sister...what can I do now??

Giselle
07-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I was searching craigslist out of curiosity and I found an ad for an 8-month-old Doberman mix available in the area that Ivy came from. I e-mailed the owner and, sure enough, they're littermates. He wants to get rid of the dog because she's too high energy. Seeing that our two are sisters, I totally understand that :p

Since nobody has replied to the ad yet, he wants our dogs to meet just for the heck of it (I mean, how often does a complete stranger e-mail you saying they have your dog's littermate?). I agreed and even offered to help them either by helping to train her or just by helping them to find a new home.

It sounds like they want to get rid of her, so I'm guessing my training offer won't be used. But how can I help find this puppy a new home?? I really want her to stay close by =( How do you guys find potential homes, especially for your dog's littermate??? I don't want this pup to go to another home that won't provide her with what she needs :(

caseysmom
07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Sounds like maybe your username will go from giselle to mamato4dogs or something like that :D

MS_PAWS
07-29-2007, 11:32 PM
That's a toughie.. Maybe bring her to a rescue group? Or why not adopt her yourself?

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe you could foster her and if she gets along with everyone then maybe you could just adopt her.:)

Giselle
07-30-2007, 12:30 AM
As much as I'd like it, there's no way in heck I can adopt her. My city's limit is 3 dogs and I'm not up for the challenge of two hyperactive 8-month-old puppies anyways :p I e-mailed a friend who's been looking for a dog, but she wanted a small-medium dog that didn't need a lot of exercise. I don't think she'll take this girl in, but I'm trying everything I can think of.

MS_PAWS
07-30-2007, 12:33 AM
rofl my sister has 4 dogs that's over the limit in her area! Just keep it hush, hush ;)

Giselle
07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
We need a clapping smilie!!! So I e-mailed my friend and her response was: "Let's try it out. If it doesn't work, we can go from there". *claps!* Basically, Roxy has a potential home, but now I have to call her owner and see how he likes it.

Wheee!! If this works out, I'll have Ivy's sister within 10 minutes of me!! :D Cross your fingers and hope hope hope guys!

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2007, 11:34 PM
All fingers and paws are crossed here.:) I sure hope that everything will work out for Roxy.:)

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-31-2007, 01:13 AM
I hope your friend will be able to keep her! It'll be interesting to see what differences there are between the two. :)

Giselle
07-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Woo hoo!!! Both parties have agreed and the plan is to meet up sometime this weekend. I just have to mediate between Roxy's new and old owners and see what time works for them.

Other than that, it's pretty set in stone. Ivy's sister is coming!!! :D

Flatcoatluver
07-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Wow that would work out so well! Crosses fingers that it will work. :)

Hellow
07-31-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-047.gif

PS: Go to www.clicksmilies.com (http://www.clicksmilies.com). You can find every smilie you will ever need there.:)

Giselle
08-03-2007, 12:04 AM
PUpdate! Roxy is going to her new home on Saturday =) Look for an intro thread with lots of pictures :D

chocolatepuppy
08-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Can't wait to see Ivys sister! :D

Ginger's Mom
08-03-2007, 05:38 AM
Great work! Give yourself a huge pat on the back for helping that little girl find a great new home. I can't wait for pictures.

inlovewithanimals
08-04-2007, 12:14 PM
If they are litter mates and you want to keep them close to each other why not move her in with you??????

k9krazee
08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
You done good, Sophie!! :p :D I can't wait to see pictures!

If they are litter mates and you want to keep them close to each other why not move her in with you??????

Reread post #5 ;)