PDA

View Full Version : Drs. Kym & Jasper Goodnow...

moosmom
07-29-2007, 11:36 AM
I was going to put this into "Meetings", but this thread has a dual purpose.

I am finally going to meet Kym, Jasper, Adrien and Seqoia on August 1st. They're going to be visiting family in Scranton, PA and we're meeting in Fishkill, NY.

The VERY GOOD NEWS is that Lexi Joon is going home with them. After giving it much thought, I have no doubt in my mind that this is THE perfect home for her. She will have MUCH more room to run and tons of kitens to rumble with. Kym has waited over 20 years for a Sphynx and her dream will now come true.

Why you ask? Well, I have 4 cats, all considered seniors. All they want to do it eat, sleep and bask in the sun. They don't want some crazy off-the-wall crumb snatcher to disrupt their routine. Lexi will happy.

Once I move into my bigger place, I'm adopting a teenage Sphynx, who is a rescue along with 6 other littermates, including an adult Sphynx who is currently pregnant. I'll post more when I know more.

The only stipulation was that she keep the name Lexi Joon.

Don't worry, we'll take lots of pictures, promise at the meeting. ;)

jenluckenbach
07-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a great meeting! And I can see where Lexi Joon might like life with the Goodnow's. ;) But of course, this will meant that Jupiter will NEED to come live with me. Scranton is rather close (comparitavely) to Allentown, so it should be NO problem at all for me to pick up Jupiter. SO......HOW long are you going to be in Scranton???

Scooter's Mom
07-29-2007, 12:07 PM
That's such a mixed blessing isn't it? Sad for you that you're rehoming one of your beloved furbabies, but wonderful for Kym that she's getting the Sphynx she's always dreamed of! And, what better place for Lexi Joon to go to? The Goodnows are such wonderful amazing people - she's going to be so loved.

Make sure to post the photos of your meeting!

moosmom
07-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Because they're preparing for their trip (they're leaving Illinois tomorrow morning), they won't be near a computer.

I will certainly miss that little poop. She is so funny and so full of energy!!

My daughter can't understand why I'm letting LJ go and getting another, rescue Sphynx. I told her it's two fold and to think abou it.

We'll definitely take pictures and post them.

CathyBogart
07-30-2007, 01:16 AM
What a bittersweet meeting that will be. At least you know Lexi will be loved like crazy!

moosmom
08-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Well, everything fell through. I drove what seemed like forever with both Moo and Lexi Joon (so they'd keep each other company and Jas and Kym could meet Moo). It seems that Jas and Kym got lost so they went back to their aunt's home in Scranton, PA.

So, looks like Lexi Joon is staying with me. :D