PDA

View Full Version : :( another horrible pet shop

IRescue452
07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I drove an hour today to Sheboygan to go to their pet supply store. I intended to buy a bunch of mouse water bottles since they sell the 2 ounce ones for .50¢ a piece. I noticed a reptile light was on over the glass hamster and gerbil cages. The cages were hot to the touch on the outside! One gerbil had three babies in the cage, 2 upside down and barely breathing. No bellly bands full of milk. Mom was half laying on her wheel, drool down her chin. I got a worker to shut the lights off and he insisted they were only sleeping upside down or on the wheel. He didn't even care. He turned away to go back to cleaning fish tanks. The only other worker snickered at me when I said something about the gerbils. She walked away and I continued to watch mom get up and walk around sporadically and then flip on her back and lay still with her feet in the air, still breathing. I got the first worker again and told him about that. He said she was just sleeping. So I asked to talk to a manager- none in the store at the time. I told him I'd be talking to the department of agriculture, about yet another store. I also told him to keep an eye on the chinchilla they had in the 90F store. Surprisingly it was still alive. This used to be my favorite store in Sheboygan, what the heck happened? I couldn't even drive I was so mad. I just went into the grocery store next door for a while to cool down. I'm really beginning to hate pet stores. Our hardware store is the only place that takes care of the animals they sell.

jackie
07-28-2007, 07:35 PM
That is horrible. :(

Good on you for complaining, at lot of people would shake their head and walk away.

Catty1
07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I hope you can reach a manager, and report this place as well. The manager may not even know what his staff are doing, and doing WRONG!

What idiots!

rutylr
07-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Were you at Pet Supply Outlet?
I live in Sheboygan .

IRescue452
07-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah. There's all of four pet store in Sheboygan so I guess its easy to tell. Petsmart is decent, pet suppliesplus is ok, and I think noah's ark is a front for illegal drug sales.

rutylr
07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I use to work there part time on weekends.I know back then we took good care of the animals,but that was 4 years ago.I go there now just for dog food and have not looked around.Since I moved back to town.
I never really trusted that guy that owns Noahs ark...

Marigold2
07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
That is so horrible. Call the local TV stations and newspapers. Go back in the store with a video camara to scare them and let them know they are being watched. Get you friends to go in. The more the better, if you can get 20 or 30 people to go into the store everyday the situation will change very quickly.