PDA

View Full Version : picture size restrictions?

tessa_s212
07-28-2007, 10:57 AM
I've been trying to change my avatar.. yet when I resized the photo I want to put in there, it is only the size of 1 cm by 1 cm block and STILL is "too large" to fit. Now, I might be the only one, but I think the size requirements are a bit too strict.

Karen
07-28-2007, 11:54 AM
It is pixels that count. It needs to be 60x60 pixels, which 1cm square at 72dpi would be smaller than, and perfectly permissable. Check your ppi/dpi, okay?

tessa_s212
07-28-2007, 11:56 AM
It is pixels that count. It needs to be 60x60 pixels, which 1cm square at 72dpi would be smaller than, and perfectly permissable. Check your ppi/dpi, okay?
I can't. I can only use paint. When you use paint to change the pixels, it doesn't resize your picture, but just cuts off all the extra.

Karen
07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Even in Paint, you can set the pixels per inch, check if there is an option for "image size" rather than "canvas size."

kittycats_delight
07-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I can't. I can only use paint. When you use paint to change the pixels, it doesn't resize your picture, but just cuts off all the extra.

If you can't get it within required size send it to me via PM or email [email protected] and I will resize it for you so that it fits.

tessa_s212
07-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Even in Paint, you can set the pixels per inch, check if there is an option for "image size" rather than "canvas size."

There is no option. I had to drastically reduce the image itself to get it to 60 x 58 pixels.

Jessika
07-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I see no problem with the avatar "rules" at all.

If you want help or need a better program, there are plenty of free programs out there way better than MSPaint. I know one is called GIMP if you wanted to give that a try :)

With paint, though, if you "select all" (or CTRL+A), then you can resize the image itself. You may need to resize the canvas afterwards to the resized image, but yes, it can be done to a specific pixel size rather than resizing by percentage.