PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo Asks For Your Help

tatsxxx11
07-25-2002, 02:45 PM
I was asked by an acquaintance to try and find a home for this stunning orange tabby boy, Cosmo. Sadly, this devoted companion of 9 years can longer remain with his family as they have a dog now and it seems the two cannot get along:( A vote was taken and the kitty has to leave.

Cosmo is a 9 year old male, neutered, orange Tabby in PERFECT health and up to date on all vaccinations. He gets along beautifully with adults, children and loves other kitties. He has in the past been an indoor/outdoor kitty. If anyone knows of a site/rescue group where his info. and pic. can be posted, please let me know. And if anyone knows someone in the Mass. area looking for a "turn key" kitty who's roaring and raring to go to a new forever home, please pass along the info. Thanks so much from me and Cosmo!:)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pa2da64ea770c88197b6f329aaa8cf030/fd7d1d13.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2002, 03:00 PM
He looks like a real sweetheart, Sandra. I hope he finds a new home soon. "Tubby, Peanut, want a new brother?" (don't I wish)

Edwina's Secretary
07-25-2002, 03:05 PM
I wish Cosmo was closer than Mass.!

Logan
07-25-2002, 03:07 PM
Sandra, can All Pets Rescue help? I know there are cats that are adopted through them as well. www.allpetsrescue.org

Good luck, Cosmo.....what a beautiful boy you are.

tatsxxx11
07-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Cosmo says thanks for the nice words everyone and thanks so much Logan for the link! I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of that org.! :rolleyes: I tried petfinders but their site is down!

moosmom
07-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Sandra,

I'm sorry that this "acquaintance" has dumped their irresponsibility on you. Cosmo is a beautiful little boy. And any family that gets rid of a pet they've have for 9 years just because they went and got a dog, to me should be ashamed of themselves! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cosmo, I wish you alot of happiness in a wonderful new home where you will be loved and appreciated.

toastco
07-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Cosmo is a beauty:) His former owners don't deserve a dog if they can't keep this sweet fur ball. They must have not loved him or they wouldn't have been able to let him go.:( I couldn't ever ever let one go just to take another. I'd find away to keep both or not get the dog. Dogs and cats get along. Mine do anyhow:) One of mine loves dogs as well as her other feline friends.
I don't know if Best Friends would take Cosmo or not. i recently contacted Best friends and have a phone number if you want to try. It is 435-644-2001 ext 114 Joy Jett is who you talk to.
Mom to Toastco, Lady and Corrie (Dogs)
Shoo-shoe, Smuggles, Shadow, Midnight, Abe, and Dixie (cats)

tatsxxx11
07-26-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks Toastco! Yes, it is very sad:( Apparently, they claim to have three other cats. Only Cosmo is a "problem.":( Thanks so much for the info. on Best Friends. I know what a wonderful org. they are! Paws crossed for sweet Cosmo. He really is a beauty. He would make a perfect kitty for a family or senior!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-26-2002, 08:19 PM
All fingers, paws, and tails are crossed here that Cosmo gets just the most wonderful home for himself.

Rachel
07-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Cosmo is a regal looking cat. How long of an adjustment period did they give these fur kids? Sometimes these things just take time. I wish Cosmo well. With Sandra The Undaunted advocating for him, there is a good chance that he will find a home.

Pam
07-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Oh Sandra, a 9 year old orange tabby - same age and coloring as Trevor. My heart goes out to him. :( I know placing blame really does no good, but I really wish people would THINK before they adopt another pet. How someone can toss out a beloved friend after 9 years boggles my mind. I thought long and hard before bringing a puppy (Bella) into my home, even though I was very sure it would work as my kitties had always lived with dogs. I think I am probably taking this too personally due to the age and coloring of Cosmo. I certainly wish there was something I could do, but for now I guess I will just leave his fate in the hands of some of these organizations to find him a forever home. I sure hope he never winds up in a shelter. :( Oh dear, this is too sad. :( Thank you for doing your part. Hopefully someone out there will give this guy the love he deserves.

tatsxxx11
07-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Awww, thanks Pam:) I knew precious Cosmo would remind you of our dear Trevor. I agree with all you said. That is a decision I could NEVER make. And you're right. At this moment I suppose my emotions and efforts should be directed toward the positive; finding Cosmo a new home. Isn't he beautiful??? Keep you paws crossed! May he be so lucky as to find as loving and special a home as Gabe!!:D Just thinking about his success story gives me a giggle!!

moosmom
07-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Tatsxxx11,

I didn't mean to get so angry but I've been in animal rescue for so long that after a while it grates on one's nerves. I think Pam said it best. People have a tendency to adopt pets on a "whim" not thinking about the beloved pets they already have at home. It's very sad because the only ones that suffer are the pets that have been established in the home and have give those family members unconditional love.

I am praying that Cosmo finds a family that will give him the much love and respect that he deserves.

tatsxxx11
07-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Actually, they bought a very expensive Cavalier King Charles Spaniel! The doggie is precious and of course, I don't blame the dog, at all.. But he does not get along with this one kitty at the moment. (The family has 3 others) Rachel, I think that it has been about 4 months now. I agree with you that sometimes these adjustments take a little time and patience. I have integrated/introduced tso many kitties and dogs into my multiple species household over the years. It does usually work if you give it a little time and patience! I'm still not giving up hope!:)

AvaJoy
08-09-2002, 10:19 PM
I'm sure Cosmo is grateful that you have interceded on his behalf . . . here's hoping a happy home is offered soon to him!:)

toastco
09-18-2002, 12:54 PM
I was just looking at some past threads on Pet Talk and wondered if Cosomo found a home? He is a beautiful Guy. Are there any updates on him?
Toastco, Lady and Corrie's owner and the six cats too!

czicat
09-18-2002, 02:14 PM
all i can say is, how very, very sad. this is a symptom of our throw away society. shame, shame. it is irresponsible and a little ill.

catherine