PDA

View Full Version : "NO, Meowme...PLEASE don't leave!!!"

caffeitina
07-27-2007, 02:34 PM
"...or at least take me with you"

Funny thing happened today. Jim and I are getting ready for a weekend camping trip with some friends (Saturday-Monday). Unfortunately, the cats can't come. We've made plans so they'll be well taken care of while we're gone (fed and watered), but little miss Luna isn't having any of it. This afternoon, I was trying to pack all but the last minute stuff. I left the room for something, leaving the bag open on the bed. When I returned, I found most of the clothes (which I had folded so neatly and organized in the bag) had been pulled OUT of the bag and were thrown about the bed and the floor. The guilty party, Luna, was sitting inside the bag, smack in the middle of everything that was left inside (which had been all messed up) looking as though she meant to do every bit of what she did. I think she knows what is going on (pets always do) and that Meowme and Jim leaving...she just doesn't understand why or if we're coming back. This is the first time we're going on vacation since adopting Luna a year ago, so that she would have this big of a fit is understandable. Poor little girl. What a brat, though!! lol I cleaned up and zipped the bag closed this time...and I guess I'll have to keep it shut until we pack the car...

...AND we'll have to give a certain little Meezer kitty some extra love before we head out.

Pawla
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I think they know things, too. I had to confine Squeak to the bedroom while someone worked on my stove Tuesday, and I'm here to tell you she DID NOT like it!! She knocked the dish off the dresser that contains my earrings, knocked over picture frames, knocked over a small trunk that sits in the floor, Pulled her towel from the bed onto the floor, AND kicked cat litter everywhere! :eek: She has never done this before, BUT she hasn't had to be shut up since Ellie died. I definitely think they get mad when we leave. Have fun on your trip! I'm sure Miss Luna will be fine with the people who are caring for her.

Laura's Babies
07-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Take it from me and my years of experience.. You can NOT pack with a cat in the room or it goes this way... put in shirt, remove cat, put in another shirt, remove cat, put in socks, remove cat, put in deoderant, remove cat, put in pants, remove cat, put in undies, remove cat........

I find it is just so much easier to remove the cat from the room before I even start and packing goes so much faster!

catmandu
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
The Cats Do Miss You When You Go Away As They Are So Used To Being A Part Of Your Life. And They Do Miss You When You Are Not There.
But Its Not Always Possible As You Say To Take Them With Us.

Medusa
07-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Aw how sweet. Makes me miss my RB Peeka. She and her brother Boo lived w/my son for a couple of years when I was separated from my husband and living in Sedona. Whenever I would visit and pack to go back to Sedona, Peeka would always make sure to pack something for me to take home w/me, usually one of her toys. It was as though she was saying "Don't forget us, Mom." Anyone who thinks cats aren't smart, well, they aren't as smart as cats.

aki
07-28-2007, 10:55 AM
chuck (rb) would always start acting wierd as soon as i got a suitcase out. my old job entitled that i had weekend business trips and would be gone 3-4 days at the most a couple times a year. as soon as i would start to pack that was when he decided he wanted me to hold him. and it's quite difficult to pack a suitcase while holding a 20 lb cat! LOL and then! when i got home he would b*tch me out for about 4 hours and then want to be held for like 3 days.

~Aki :D