PDA

View Full Version : My cat rubs everything!!!!!!!

kitty_puff
07-25-2002, 02:12 PM
I know that there are sent glands in the head but that would mean that she want everything away from cats so that would mean she want NO cats on my computer,my tv, my couch, my bed, my dogs dog bowl on and on!

Fuzzy317
07-25-2002, 02:20 PM
My cats rub on everything too. I think their rubbing is a way of showing ownership, and its a friendly gesture. I would not worry too much about it. As I type, my Rosie is on my computer desk. She has already done her rubbing, she is now cleaning herself. :)

Pam
07-25-2002, 02:29 PM
It sometimes seems to me that my boys like to rub especially when someone is wearing something dark colored! :rolleyes:

Logan
07-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Pam
It sometimes seems to me that my boys like to rub especially when someone is wearing something dark colored! :rolleyes:

Absolutely.....the same goes for the shedding Retriever too, Pam!!! :D :D :D

Fuzzy317
07-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Dark clothes send out little sound waves to the nearest light colored cat or dog as an invitation. :D I should know, my black shorts have cat fur everywhere.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2002, 02:50 PM
I think they rub just because it feels good too. There are some spots/corners in our house that have been rubbed so often I've had to repaint them. :rolleyes: And you would think by now that they know they own the whole house, so why rub anymore, but they just keep rubbing. Tubby particularly likes to rub his face on Terry's leg while I'm patting his (Tubby's) butt. He'll alternately bump his head and rub his face on Terry. It's one of our "precious" moments - Tubby likes it, I like it and Terry likes it. Now if we could only get Peanut involved somehow. ;)

kitty_puff
07-25-2002, 05:08 PM
Thanks i thought she was over protective ;)

lynnestankard
07-26-2002, 04:53 AM
OH NO KITTY-PUFF - JUST A VERY NORMAL FURBABY! :D :D

OUR THREE RUB HEADS TOGETHER - THAT IS SO CUTE!

HAS ANYONE NOTICED WHEN THEIR WEARING BLACK THEY GET COVERED WITH WHITE CAT HAIR - AND WHEN WEARING PALE COLOURS GET COVERED IN BLACK HAIRS!!:eek: :eek:

LYNNE

kitty_puff
07-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Sometimes she rubs sharp objects :eek: such as knifes

Former User
07-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Casper and Kitty rub everything too, anything goes, no matter what it is, have to give it a rub!

Lynne, yes, that's very true indeed! I like to wear black, so it's no problem with Casper around, but Kitty always sheds her white and grey hair to me :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
07-27-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
OH NO KITTY-PUFF - JUST A VERY NORMAL FURBABY! :D :D

OUR THREE RUB HEADS TOGETHER - THAT IS SO CUTE!

HAS ANYONE NOTICED WHEN THEIR WEARING BLACK THEY GET COVERED WITH WHITE CAT HAIR - AND WHEN WEARING PALE COLOURS GET COVERED IN BLACK HAIRS!!:eek: :eek:

LYNNE Yes Lynne this also happens to me. Storm and Pepper's fur is quite dark so they seem to rub on lighter colors and Sunny's is light so he rubs on darker colors. No matter what I wear I always have cat hair on me. :D My cats also rub against other things like the couch, chairs, bed, scratching post, and of course me. :)