PDA

View Full Version : Runs like a top, purrs like a kitten?

RICHARD
07-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Engine purr was kitten

A driver whose car engine was making an unusual purr was amazed to find the noise was being made by a kitten.

The ginger kitten, thought to be about eight weeks old, had climbed inside the engine in Aberdeen, reports the BBC.

Victor Gallacher, 61, of Bucksburn, had been driving for several miles across the city in his Rover 400 when he became aware of an unusual noise.

He told the BBC: "There was suddenly a terribly loud noise so I stopped and looked under the car and could not see anything

"Then I looked in the engine and there was a kitten under the battery. When I looked again it had moved to the fan belt. It was terrified.

"So I grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and put it in an empty box I had and sat it in the front seat with me. It did not seem to be hurt.

"The kitten was taken for a check-up and seemed to be okay. It's impossible to say where it got into the car. It could have been the end of it, but thankfully it survived."

Scottish SPCA ambulance driver Marion Lamont told BBC Scotland: "He was a very very lucky kitten.

"He was very shaken but unhurt - he was a bit oily on his face, ears and chin."

The kitten is being cared for at Mrs Murray's Home for Stray Dogs and Cats and Re-homing Centre in Aberdeen's Seaton area.

-------------

You ride around under the bonnet and see how freaked out you get! :eek:

Laura's Babies
07-27-2007, 08:02 AM
That had to be a scarey ride for that kitten but it sounds like he got a good home in the end.

catmandu
07-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Thta kitten is very lucky that he did not fall into the engine or get caught up in the fan belt. I have the feeling that he has already used one of his nine lives.