PDA

View Full Version : I'm not coordinated enough!

catnapper
07-26-2007, 09:53 PM
I got off work early this afternoon so I decided to come home and sneak a bit of a nap. Both my girls came begging for attention. Abby settled in where she always does (right on top of my chest with her butt in my face :rolleyes: ) and Flutter was on my left side. Both girls like to be petted differently: Abby likes chin scritchies and Flutter likes smooth strokes from her neck all the way down to the tip of her tail.

So here I was, half asleep trying to stroke one kitty and scritchie the other. I just couldn't get the right hand to scritch while the left hand stroked. So as we all fell asleep, I ended up with a weird stroking scritch on both girls :p '

Thank goodness none of the boys were at my feet looking for attention! I don't think I could have figured out a way to pet with my toes. :D ;)

critter crazy
07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Awwww.....what an adorable picture that must have made!! He he he he he!! Sounds like the old "pat your head and rub your Tummy" trick!!:D

kt_luvs_kitties
07-26-2007, 10:41 PM
LOL- Isnt it funny what we do for our kitties :p :rolleyes: ;)

jenluckenbach
07-27-2007, 05:23 AM
AH HA!! The trick is to alternate. ;)

STROKE.......scritch......

Laura's Babies
07-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I have to pet/stroke several of mine at once and I love it!. You are right about each liking it to be done different. Each of my 4 like it done different but they have me trained as to how to do it the correct way.

catnapper
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Each of my 4 like it done different but they have me trained as to how to do it the correct way.
Ah, purrfectly training their hooman is their #1 mission, and we're all in various stages of our masters degree in feline servitude.

See the problem is that I've NEVER had both girls at the same time. Yesterday was a first for sure. Abby refuses to lower herself by sharing me :p She'll leave if another kitty comes to me for pets while she's currently getting petted. She won't approach me if another kitty is being petted. Yesterday I was in bed with Flutter for about 30 seconds when she approached. I fully expected her to approach, see Flutter, and walk away... or Flutter would have left. Either way I typically end up with one girl.

Medusa
07-27-2007, 09:08 AM
With a socked foot, I flop Boo Bear over and rub his belly w/my foot while I pet two other cats w/each hand. The first time my friend saw me do that that, she thought I was going to kick Boo! She said "I couldn't imagine that you ever would kick him but I just didn't know what you were doing!" The things we do for our furkids!

catmandu
07-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I had that feeling many times too. What we need is to be an ambidextorous Cat scratcher.With mutiple arms like Dr Octopus so we dont miss any of our Cats.

lvpets2002
07-27-2007, 11:40 AM
;) Yup sounds just like my household when we all are tyring to napnap.. :D

Catty1
07-27-2007, 11:51 AM
This might help in some instances:

http://www.cat-alog.com/clothing/tshirt-petting-instructions.jpg

:)