PDA

View Full Version : Update on my pregnancy-Belly pics too!

tikeyas_mom
07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey everyone,
Last last week has been really crazy for me, and my family.

I have been fighting off a UTI for the last month. On Thursday night of last week I started feeling VERY sharp pains in my lower back, and my right side of my stomache.. They got so bad during the night I was rushed to the hospital.
They took me up to the maternity ward, and they got me to take a urine test. Turns out my urine was full of blood. They Told me that I had a UTI that had spread to my right kidney.
I was hooked up to an IV, and they took about 4 viles of blood to do blood work on.
They hooked me up to a monitor to read the babys heart rate, turns out I was having slight contractions. They got pretty worried about the baby coming early, so they pumped me full of morphine to stop the pain, and gave me a drug through Iv to stop the contractions.
I was in the hospital for a total of four days/nights hooked up to IV, the whole time.
Well they let me out of the hospital on Monday morning, and sent me home with some oral drugs.. I goto the Doctors tonight for another consult.. Hopfully my infection is totally gone..I will be so dissapointed if the infection returns after I am done my meds. So please wish me luck :).
If the infection comes back I will remain in hospital till the baby comes.. Lets hope it doesnt come to that.

I got my boyfriend to take some pics of my belly yesterday,
Hope you all enjoy!!! I am currently 33 weeks, and weigh 164lbs. (I have gained 34 lbs through out my whole pregnancy)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/jynnelle/Baby%20Album/IMG_2847.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/jynnelle/Baby%20Album/IMG_2848.jpg

kt_luvs_kitties
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Praying the UTI goes away for good. They really do hurt.

Very cute belly pics! You look SO happy!

CONGRATS! :D

anna_66
07-27-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm glad your feeling better.

Very CUTE pictures. kt_luvs_kitties is right...you do look very happy:D

Laura's Babies
07-27-2007, 08:10 AM
You are so CUTE pregnant! Take your meds and get rid of that UTI!

catnapper
07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh my! How scary! Glad you're feeling better now, and hope the infection doesn't return. What an ordeal!!!

You are looking really cute (I bet you're tired of people saying that ;)) Ashley heard it all the time and felt really self-conscious of it

-Pickle-
07-27-2007, 09:02 AM
congratz on the munchkin :) you look so cute pregnant lol and v happy
UTI, go away, dont come back another day =X

Logan
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Janelle, I had no idea you were pregnant! And boy are you pregnant!!!! :eek: Congratulations!!!

lvpets2002
07-27-2007, 11:20 AM
;) Did someone say Belly pics??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/370926-R1-044-20A.jpg

:) Congrats on the coming of a new wittle one.. Boy howdy you look like you could popp any minute.. :D

tikeyas_mom
07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Logan, oh yeah I am VERY preggo. Baby should be here within 4-6 weeks!! crazy eh? I am really nervous/excited about it.. excited to be a mom, nervous about the pain of pushing this little beanie out. Thanks everyone for your kind comments.. I really hope my infection is gone for good.. It really isnt too fun being sick, specially when your pregnant.

(PS) I never get tired of being called cute :p.

My Peanuts
07-27-2007, 01:53 PM
You look so cute! :) It must be so exciting. I'm jealous :D

carole
07-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I am glad you are feeling better too, UTI's seem to be very common in pregnancy, i too had the same problem carrying one of my children,so keep a check on that and hopefully you will not get another.

Do you know what baby is, i reckon it's a boy, why do i say that, lol, because you seem to be carry quite low,as i did with my son, of course i have a 50/50 per cent chance of getting it right eh.

Keep well,and look after yourself.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow, you carry so beautiful (correct English???). :)

tikeyas_mom
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes we are having a boy, good guess ;). I only recently dropped within the last week! That why everyone thinks he may be coming into this world a bit earlier then expected. Everyone thought I was havign a girl for the first 3 months that I was pregnant, because his heart rate was really high, and my morning sickness was brutal.

prechrswife
07-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes we are having a boy, good guess ;). I only recently dropped within the last week! That why everyone thinks he may be coming into this world a bit earlier then expected. Everyone thought I was havign a girl for the first 3 months that I was pregnant, because his heart rate was really high, and my morning sickness was brutal.

Don't count on him coming too early. People started telling me that when I started dropping, and my little one still hasn't made her appearance yet. ;)

AdoreMyDogs
07-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh you are so cute! You sure are carrying a boy, by the way you're carrying it looks 100% boy! I carried much wider. My belly got huge but it was a lot wider then yours, it wrapped around my belly more.

Hey, I'm going to tell you something and I want you to realize that every birthing experience is different. I want you to hear a good story as a break from all the bad stories you've likely heard. OK, this will sound weird, but I loved every second of my labor with Quinn. I was induced because my Doc was on vacation right around the time I was due and I was already dialated to 2 CM on my last exam and having contractions....we induced to avoid a stranger from having to deliver my baby. I loved EVERY second of my labor, except the epidural, which was something I think I could have done without (but it was a huge relief!!!). I loved feeling the labor. I found it interesting and facinating and beautiful how the contractions started out small and got stronger as the labor progressed. I loved finding out how much more I had dialated every time they examined me......and believe it or not, I absolutely LOVED pushing! OMG it was just such a workout but so amazing! I loved, loved, loved the pushing part and it was just the biggest thrill and hardest workout I've ever had. Wow. Even right after Quinn was born, and I mean RIGHT after she was born, I just remember being so excited to be doing it again someday when we are ready for our second child. I just can't WAIT to have another baby! I'm not ready yet, because I want Quinn to be at least a year old before we try again, but when it's time I am just so excited!

I'm not going to lie, there was pain involved, but the instant she came out I had forgotten all the pain. I forgot completely any pain that I went threw. It was honestly gone from my memory completely....GONE. When my friends and family were in my room with me, they said that towards the end I cried at contraction pains (the epidural stopped working on my right side but was working just fine on my left side...weird as it may sound) and I remember my family members telling me that I was in pain but I completely forgot any pain.

I thought you might like to hear a happy birthing experience since all we hear pretty much is how hard, painful, and horrible it is. All labor isn't bad. It's hard, yes. It's tiring, yes. It's a workout, yes...but I, for one, am excited to do it again!

Have fun and enjoy every moment of the end of your pregnancy...especially when your baby has the hiccups. That's a feeling I will forever cherish.

K9karen
07-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Janelle..do you have names picked out yet?? Sounds to me (real quick calculation) you may be due at the same time as John's DIL. She mentioned tonight she's 32 weeks but may go early. You do look adorable..repeat..you do look adorable..repeat..you do look adorable! :p :D

prechrswife
07-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I thought you might like to hear a happy birthing experience since all we hear pretty much is how hard, painful, and horrible it is. All labor isn't bad. It's hard, yes. It's tiring, yes. It's a workout, yes...but I, for one, am excited to do it again!

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I do appreciate it so much. Thankfully, I have had people share positive stories with me, and I hope that mine will go as smoothly. It is looking more and more like I will be induced, and people just feel like it is necessary to say how difficult that is. I do have a personal friend who was recently induced with a very positive experience, but it is nice to hear the same from others, too.

Sorry for the brief hijack...

tikeyas_mom
07-29-2007, 02:40 PM
AdoreMyDogs, thanks so much for that birthing story.. Your right I havent heard one good story yet. Everyone wants to scare pregnant girls I think.. I know they call it labour for a reason ;). Its hard work right ? :p. I can only imagine! I am excited/nervous about the baby coming.. I really cannot wait to hold my baby for the first time, sing him happy birthday, and kiss those chubby cheeks :). My boyfriend is very excited as well. Well my whole family is lol. This will be the first grandchild on my side. My boyfriend already has two nefews. Anyways thanks again! I hope my delivery goes as well as yours, I'm not sure if I am going to take the drugs or not.. I will try it all natural for as long as I can.

tikeyas_mom
07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Janelle..do you have names picked out yet?? Sounds to me (real quick calculation) you may be due at the same time as John's DIL. She mentioned tonight she's 32 weeks but may go early. You do look adorable..repeat..you do look adorable..repeat..you do look adorable! :p :D

We did pick out a name, But we arn't telling anyone till the baby is born, because evryone already knows hes a boy. so we gotta have somthing a suprise right? :p