PDA

View Full Version : Tramp Stamps????

kuhio98
07-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I was just talking to a bunch of the guys I work with up here in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. They told me that they call tattoos on women - tramp stamps. I'm probably out of it, but I had never heard this expression before.

It kind of shocked me because most of them are covered in tattoos themselves. But evidently, they don't like them on women.

Have you heard this expression before or are they just pulling my leg? (Because I told them that tattoos gross me out).

Seriously, I had to get out of the dinner line the other night. The guy in front of me had his head shaved with a huge spider tattooed on the back of his head (the legs wrapped around to the sides into his sideburns and forehead). I thought I was going to be sick.

RedHedd
07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Yup, heard it here. The Tramp Stamp generally refers to those tats that are just above the buttocks, usually visible on gals who wear those low-slung pants - the ones who also show off their thong strings in the same way. I wish that fad would just go away! I always want to just yank their pants up.

RICHARD
07-26-2007, 05:46 PM
LOL, I just heard that one the other day.....

The tats that I am not fond of are any on the neck.

Redd,

Pull up the thongs, that's more of a statement. :eek:

k9krazee
07-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Yep, I've heard the term "tramp stamps" for tatoos, like RedHedd said, usually on the lower back.

Cinder & Smoke
07-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Redd,

Pull up the thongs, that's more of a statement. :eek:

:D
:eek:

Doesn't that HURT?

:p

tikeyas_mom
07-26-2007, 07:03 PM
yes, I have heard that expression here as well. But it usually refers to the Tattoos that you see on girls lower backs. I am not sure why people call it a tramp stamp, I guess because girls use their tattoos as an excuse to show off some bare skin?? :confused: I have two tattoos, none of which are on my lower back tho.

kuhio98
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
They didn't specify where the location of the tattoo, so I guess I thought they meant any tattoo. It really surprised me because they are all in their 20's to early 30's. I just assumed that they liked tattoo's on women. Just another example of the double standard.

As for thongs I've never worn one (it would probably take a couple to cover the "area") :p but I saw a show once where this pregnant woman was wearing one and she joked that her hemorrhoids were screaming "Pick a side! Pick a side!" :eek:

crow_noir
07-27-2007, 12:44 AM
UGGGGGH!!!! I HATE that term!!!! :mad:

And yes, the others already explained it's location.

Personally i have no problems with them and actually think it's one of the classiest places a female could get a tat. They look nice there (if they are done nicely and are high enough up.)

One of my friends actually shocked me when she put a temp one there last week. Shocking that she got one (even if only temp) and at how very nice it looked.

Why can't people just respect people and their individuality. I mean a tattoo on one person isn't doing harm to anyone else around them. It's not like alcohol or drugs or loud music.

kuhio98
07-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Speaking of lower back tattoos............Anyone seen this video?
Hysterical!http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Video/?action=view&current=c51e46bf.flv

king2005
07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
:D
:eek:

Doesn't that HURT?

:p

Let me tell you a little story...

There was once this tomboy whos brain fried one day.. she waxed & tweezed her eyebrows (didn't hurt too bad)... When she was looking for her camping pants & hat in her storge locker, she found a bag full of her underware, socks & fav shirts! She also found 2 thongs she never wore (accidental buys)... So she thought to herself... it wouldn't hurt to wear them to work tomorrow for a change...

Now let me tell you this IT DOES HURT TO WEAR THEM TO WORK lol ;) :p
Now if someone pulled mine up I would prob. SCREAM in pain hehehe

Don't understand how people can wear this butt floss :rolleyes:

About the orgional topic... I have no issues with tats on girls, nor do I care their location... I actually want to get one on my lower back, but I'm FAR FAR FAR from being a tramp :p

I want the tat to be of Axle, as he means the world to me

lvpets2002
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
:p My notes on Butt Floss is this == I spend all day trying to get my underwear out of my Butt.. So why in the Heck am I going to buy Butt Floss to stay in my Butt..
Also on the subject of Tats is I have 3 = but they are very nice & clean..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/IMG_0711.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/IMG_0733.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/IMG_0726.jpg

pitc9
07-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Yep, a tramp stamp is known here as the tatoo on a girls lower back.

As far at butt floss... NO thanks!!!

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Around here the term "tramp stamp" means something totally different (and totally inapropriate for polite conversation! :rolleyes: ) I've heard it used in reference to tattoos as well though. My tattoos are polite, and only one is visible to the public when Im wearing normal clothes (a cross on my left hand) and it irks me to no end to hear tattoed up guys complain about tattoos on women. If you have both arms covered, the neck covered AND one on your head you have no room to whine IMO.

lizbud
07-27-2007, 05:00 PM
No, I've never heard that expression, did anyone notice the girl in the
video? Looks a lot like Amy Poehler of SNL. :)

RICHARD
07-27-2007, 05:28 PM
I think that lower back tattoos should be limited to crossword puzzles and mazes- for those moments when nothing is happening.
:confused:

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Once on Mind of Mencia (no I don't watch it! I was watching Steven Colbert and it came on afterwards.... ;) ;) ) and he did a routine on Tramp Stamps and why tattoos on a woman's lower back is called that.

Catsnclay
07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
No, I've never heard that expression, did anyone notice the girl in the
video? Looks a lot like Amy Poehler of SNL. :)

That's because it was a SNL skit!!!! :D

jackie
07-28-2007, 05:16 AM
Yes, I have heard the lower back tattoo called a tramp stamp.

I think it is a nice place to put a tattoo as well, but I would never get one there, because too many "tramps" get them there. :p

jackie
07-28-2007, 05:18 AM
I love that video!!!!!

Especially the reminder of that crazy week in Jamaica!

Marigold2
07-28-2007, 08:36 AM
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL I couldn't have said it better myself. How honest, how funny, how true.
Speaking of lower back tattoos............Anyone seen this video?
Hysterical!http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Video/?action=view&current=c51e46bf.flv

shais_mom
07-28-2007, 11:08 PM
I've only ever heard the tramp stamp referred to when girls get their lower back tatooed. But maybe I've misunderstood. :confused: