PDA

View Full Version : they took shambo (sacred hindu bullock- tested postitive for bovine tb, wales)

-Pickle-
07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
:( i can't believe it. they took shambo away. they allow every other religion to wear their veils and their jewels at school work etc, bangles, traditional and sometimes immoral and outdated customs, yet a bullock tests positive for bovine tb and they desecrate a sacred temple because they think he is a danger. is that fair?
sure- jewels and stuff may not be a danger to the public, but this little community was isolated. the only risk was the community catching it!

i will probably be challenged and told i dont know about these things because im 13, but that doesnt seem right. a home even suggested they could take care of the sacred bullock. but no. they had to kill shambo.
RIP shambo. sacred always.

jackie
07-26-2007, 05:00 PM
In a country that has been hit badly by contagious animal diseases, I am not surprised.

Sirrahsim
07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
First it spreads to the community... Then to a passerby... then to another community and another and so on. The thing with TB of any sort is that you may have it for months or even years before you know about it and by then you may have passed it along to countless people. All it takes is one person leaving the community or one person passing through the community and you have a very deadly situation on your hands.
It is unfortunate that this particular bull became infected but the bull's slaughter was a necessary evil.

JenBKR
07-27-2007, 01:20 PM
the only risk was the community catching it!

If I was a part of that community, I don't think I'd want to be catching TB. And, as Missy said, it would spread to others. Sorry, but it was the only right thing to do.

carole
07-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I agree it was the right and only thing to do, but like you i found it sad too, and i appreciate other's cultures and beliefs,but i think from what i know it could end up a very serious situation if Shambo lived,it is sad, but a fact of life unfortunately. RIP Shambo.