PDA

View Full Version : Puppies first bath today?

NicoleLJ
07-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I woke up to an interesting site this morning. 3 of my beautiful white puppies had yellow marks going up and down their sides and back and legs. lol Plus hte lino had yellow poop smeared all over it. I am SOOOOO glad we have lino down in the whelping pen.

So I cleaned up the floor and as I was doing that Dark Blue thought since I was cleaning anyway, that he should come off the carpet sleeping area and over to the area I just cleaned and take a nice big pee. lol Yup. He did. I am not kidding. So I cleaned that up too.

Now I am just debating whether to bath the 3 yellow zebras or not. You can tell Sheena tried to get most of it off them. But there is still some. I am thinking to wait till this afternoon when the house is warmer(going up to 31 today) to do it. Plus it gives Sheena a little time to finish it on her own, which I would prefer. Don't like to bath puppies this young if I can help it. I will try to get it out with just warm water but I do have puppy shampoo if it is needed. Luckily they didn't get any near their heads so I would not have to wash those areas. Just their backs, sides and legs.

Looks like I am up for a fun day.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

luvofallhorses
07-26-2007, 11:17 AM
How old are they again? I wouldn't bathe them until they are older. maybe wipe them off with a wash cloth but I don't think they need a bath being as young as they are.

NicoleLJ
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
They are 17 days old. And I agree. I would prefer to wait. It would be more of a sponge bath then an actually bath in a tub of water. I tried a damp cloth but it didn't help much. Which is why I might have to use a drop of puppy soap and then wipe them down. That is hte problem with white coats. Tehy stain so easily.

cassiesmom
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I woke up to an interesting site this morning. 3 of my beautiful white puppies had yellow marks going up and down their sides and back and legs. lol Plus the lino had yellow poop smeared all over it. I am SOOOOO glad we have lino down in the whelping pen.

So I cleaned up the floor and as I was doing that Dark Blue thought since I was cleaning anyway, that he should come off the carpet sleeping area and over to the area I just cleaned and take a nice big pee. lol Yup. He did. I am not kidding. So I cleaned that up too.

Now I am just debating whether to bathe the 3 yellow zebras or not. -nicolelj

Nicole, I'm sorry, but I can't help smiling at the thought of three little yellow zebras. Dark Blue, although I'm glad your kidneys and bladder are working, you might have picked the wrong spot there, little guy. I'm still chuckling over their walking videos. As I watched them again, I noticed that the pups had their back feet far apart, just like human babies first learning to walk. What a bunch of cuties.

NicoleLJ
07-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Luckily Sheena got to it on her own. Hence why I waited. Now they just have a few tiny light yellow stains that will wear out in a day or two if not sooner. So thanks to Sheena and her being such a great mom I didn't have to give pups their first sponge bath.

crow_noir
07-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't know about the technicalities of dog pH and baking soda but so far I've had wonderful luck with it. Supposedly baking soda is mild. I find it WONDERFUL for cleaning poo off of anything... especially fur. it cleans poo MUCH better than any soap I've ever tried.

The only concern I'd have is from the pups natural oils being rinsed away.