PDA

View Full Version : There's a peeping tom in our building!!!

moosmom
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
I had a knock on my door this morning. It was an East Hartford police officer! :eek: She asked me if I knew that I had a small, nail sized hole in the lower part of my door. Um, no, I hadn't noticed. Sure enough, there it was! When I looked through it, you could see the bathroom door (or me coming out naked from the shower)!!

She said that someone called to say they heard "drilling" in the middle of the night. This pig drilled holes in the lower part of the door of all the apartments that are rented by single females! :eek: It was very difficult to see unless you bent down. That's when you could see the hole. She asked me if I had any idea who might have done this, like one of the male tenants. I only know one of the women in my building. I don't know the other tenants.

I cannot WAIT to get the heck out of this place. Another week and I'll be in my new place. I took cotton from a Q-Tip and stuffed it in the hole so you can't see anything.

I just called the rental office and they had no idea this was going on. It was the first they'd heard of it. They going to investigate. I usually don't scare easily but this has me creeped out!!

jackie
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
OK, I know it must be scary and invasive to have that happen, but I just LOL'd!

I didn't think things like that happened out side of teen movies.

Alysser
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
What a sick pig! :eek: Good thing you are getting out of here. What I don't get is HOW he knew what apartments were rented by single females. Also, make sure the guy can't reach the cotton swab from the outside of the door. So if he wanted to he could just pull it out.

jackmilliesmom
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Not to add to your creepy thoughts but could it be the building manager? A friend living in New York one summer while on a working visa had that happen to her and only her friend came to pick her up and saw the guy on his hands and knees looking in she would not have known because he drilled through the wall from the bathroom under her sink to the hall when he supposedly came to repair something in the bathroom for her she was so weirded out even wiht a month and half to go she phoned home to get her parents to organise tickets home for her. turned out he had numerous convictions for sexual assault and was not flagged because he used his middle name when applying for the job!!!!

moosmom
07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I put wood glue over the hole after I put the cotton in so there's no way it can be tampered with.

As far as knowing which apartments were occupied by females, only someone who lives in the building would know that. There's a guy on the first floor named Frank who is very weird. He was the first one I thought of.

I just got through having an anxiety attack from all this! This is really giving me the creeps!

lvpets2002
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
:o OMG how so horrible.. I am so glad someone called the cops after they heard the drilling.. Hey we need to stick our Wom on the peeper.. He can stick his finger thru the nose / eye trick..

CagneyDog
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
That's disgusting. What's wrong with people. :eek:

Freedom
07-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Seems it could only be a tenant or a maintenance person. Ugh!

Wish you had a small pic of Clint Eastwood pointing a gun and saying, "Make My Day!" Put it up under a magnifying glass for him to see when he looks.

Someone has way too much time on his hands!

Glad you are OK and have the hole covered.

Catsnclay
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
OMG Donna!

That would give me the creeps too! But on the other hand I thought Freedom's idea was good! Can you imagine his surprise when he was bent down on all 4's peeping through the hole, just to find out that you know what is going on!!!

Would love to be there to see his face!

cassiesmom
07-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Donna, I am SO glad you are getting out of that apartment. Is there somewhere else you can stay for the rest of the week?

moosmom
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I could stay at my daughter's apartment. Only problem there is I'd have to sleep on her couch which is very uncomfortable.

I think it's someone inside the building. Who else would know which apartments are occupied by females??? I took a walk and checked out the other doors. Sure enough it's only on SOME of the doors.

I can see I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

Karen
07-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Why not, before you go to sleep, just put a box or chair blocking the door? No one would be able to move it, and you can sleep soundly!

Daisy and Delilah
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
HOLY COW, DONNA!! This is nuts!! Stay safe :(

Laura's Babies
07-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Unbelieveable! I can't believe he actually used a drill to make the holes.... knowing someone had to hear it. I would have put a security camera out there and got him when he squatted down to peek! As Mama use to say "There's more than one way to catch a rat!"

lizbud
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Seems it could only be a tenant or a maintenance person. Ugh!

Wish you had a small pic of Clint Eastwood pointing a gun and saying, "Make My Day!" Put it up under a magnifying glass for him to see when he looks.

Someone has way too much time on his hands!

Glad you are OK and have the hole covered.

I'd cover the hole with a picture of an eyeball staring right back at him. :D

Jessika
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Unbelieveable! I can't believe he actually used a drill to make the holes.... knowing someone had to hear it. I would have put a security camera out there and got him when he squatted down to peek! As Mama use to say "There's more than one way to catch a rat!"
A security camera is a great idea. Or even just stick a webcam or something outside... or talk to the police about doing it so they might catch the guy in the act? Or perhaps he heard about a police officer poking their head around, he may be too scared to even do it again.

However, that is so creepy and... well if you can't feel safe in your own home... I can't imagine how you feel, I'm so sorry :(

crow_noir
07-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Speaking of web cams you may want to nose around your apartment in case it is someone that works there. Check around like in planters, air vents, etc. It's scary where these creeps put these hidden cameras. I'm paranoid and always looking around in public restrooms.

----------------------

Here's the news story i was thinking of. I watched it last year. "Are You Sure You're Alone?" http://abcnews.go.com/2020/LegalCenter/story?id=2657455&page=1

I was looking for that and found this... http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125746&page=1

All i can say is OMG, they allow upskirting in WA?! :eek: :mad:

I'm not even going to post some of the other links i just found. I was going to give examples of the things people can do... but i don't need to be an enabler to some sicko that finds this post. One part of me is awestruck and fascinated with the technology but it is sad on how some people choose to use it.

moosmom
07-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I'd cover the hole with a picture of an eyeball staring right back at him.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Catty1
07-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Did you report your suspicion of Frank to the police? Or the building managers?

Did you find out if every hole had been drilled in an apt where only a female lived?

I hope they nail the idiot...

moosmom
07-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Catty1,

I saw another hole in there that looked like it was drilled a long time ago and someone put a screw in it. The screw isn't holding anything up.

Everytime I hear any noise out in hallway, I go look. I have a feeling I'm not gonna get much sleep tonight. I think I'm gonna put on my iPod.

Catty1
07-27-2007, 09:12 PM
From what I can find out on Google, the 'voyeur' gets a thrill out of not being caught or noticed. The riskier the venture, the more thrilling for him (women can do this too, but it's usually a male).

Chances are if you ever came face to face with this person, they'd run...or chicken right out.

Obviously, they are cowards that prefer to hide. The one in your building anyway.

I wish there was some gizmo that would shoot vinegar out the hole and into the idiot's eye when he tries to peek in! ;)

Marigold2
07-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh I love the vinegar idea. Perhaps a bullet after that.
From what I can find out on Google, the 'voyeur' gets a thrill out of not being caught or noticed. The riskier the venture, the more thrilling for him (women can do this too, but it's usually a male).

Chances are if you ever came face to face with this person, they'd run...or chicken right out.

Obviously, they are cowards that prefer to hide. The one in your building anyway.

I wish there was some gizmo that would shoot vinegar out the hole and into the idiot's eye when he tries to peek in! ;)

gini
07-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I would put a mirror over the hole - so he would only see himself!

Donna, take good care of yourself and I am glad you will be moving out of
there soon.

zippy-kat
07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Would it ease your mind any (and help you sleep) if you covered the back of your door in aluminum foil? Inexpensive, would keep the current holes from being looked thru, and you'd know if any new holes were drilled as there'd be puncture marks in the foil. (Or, if he didn't puncture them, all he'd see would be silver.)

Randi
07-28-2007, 01:26 PM
What a creepy thing to happen!! It's amazing that more didn't hear the hole being drilled... of course, it could have been during working hours.

If you can't sleep anyway, I like the idea of being ready with a spray with winegar. A hairspray would also be quite amusing. :D Or, if you're not in a nasty mood, the eye staring back at him, and the mirror. LOL!

Stay safe!!

sparks19
07-28-2007, 07:02 PM

I was gonna say a picture of a naked man :D

K9karen
07-28-2007, 11:49 PM

or gun barrel.

Donna, maybe you could put some bells on the chair at the door that Mayor K suggested. Hmmmm. I guess the kitters would keep ya up all night, though, huh?

I know you're moving but it'd be great to devise a trap to catch the slimeball.

This reminds me (sorry..flashback)of the time, at work, lunches would disappear from the fridge. Paper bagged lunches, lunches in tupperwear, styrofoam..you name it. It got annoying. We caught the culprit when a few of us put Visine eye drops in the food and kept watch who made lots of urgent trips to the bathrooms. Long story short, for other reasons too, the guy was fired.

moosmom
07-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Visine eyedrops?? :confused: I assume it's high in sodium which retains water, thus making you pee alot???

cali
07-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Visine eyedrops?? http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif I assume it's high in sodium which retains water, thus making you pee alot???

a few drops of Visine is a little trick that gives someone diarrhea :)

Pam
07-29-2007, 12:19 PM
a few drops of Visine is a little trick that gives someone diarrhea :)

Boy the things you can learn here at PT! :o

Donna all I can say is that I am glad you are moving. That would definitely creep me out! :eek: