PDA

View Full Version : What can we do about this??

Alysser
07-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Too start, we've always had problems with these neighbors. I don't want to go into anything big, but when we first moved here and we had a different dog(I was barley and infant), they threatened to kill him for no reason. He never barked or anything. When we had our pool put in we've had problems with them to. When they got a dog, he was digging under our fence, this was only a few months ago. My dad noticed how skinny he was and his fur looked matted. But he was not chained up or anything. We called AC and surprisingly they came and the owners gave him away willingly. Now this. They built a really big shed RIGHT next to our property line and on top of the fence. They didn't bother to side it either, so it looks ugly. Do you think this is reportable to the town?? A building inspector came today to inspect our pool, and he didn't say anything about it. So I'm unsure. I've been looking for MONTHS since this thing was built, but have never been able to find anything useful.

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a site on these kind of laws so I can send it to my parents and see if we can report them. Thanks.

I've attached a pic of what it looks like but it's not very good.

Alysser
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/stupidneigbors.jpg

Karen
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Every town has ordinances about how close people can build what to a property line. Call town/city hall and ask if you need a permit to build a shed, and how far it needs to be from a boundary, etc. They'll transfer you to the right person, probably.

Freedom
07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Yup, what Karen said. There is a limit to how close you can go. BUT you can ask for a variance, and often, if the building is already there, the variance is approved UNLESS there is opposition from abutters.

In any event, it seems like a permanent structure and that needs to be added to the tax roll! :D

Alysser
07-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info! I don't know when, but my parents said they are probably going to call the town sometime next week.