PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Rescues For Kittens & Cats in Ohio

Purr-tender
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I live in a rural farming community in Southern Ohio. We do not have a shelter for cats. When a litter of kittens is dropped off at the dog pound they call me to rescue them. I have lost count of the number of kittens and cats that I have cared for and found rescues for. The problem is now all no- kill shelters within an hour drive of me are over capacity. I am starting to panic since 3 of my babies have been with me over a month and are growing so fast they will soon be out of that cute kitten stage. If any of you know of a rescue that you trust please let me know. I am willing to drive 2 or 3 hours if needed. Finding homes locally is next to impossible, the newspaper is full of "free to good home" ads. When will people learn to spay and neuter their pets?!! You are a great group of cat lovers and I know if there is a solution to my problem you will have it. I don't post often, but normally check in daily, so I feel like I know most of you. Me and the "kids" need your help.

Catty1
07-25-2007, 12:07 AM
I am way west, but hopefully there is a place on these lists that is driving distance for you!

Bless you for helping these little and big furbabies!

http://muttcats.com/shelters/ohio.htm

http://shelters.theanimalnet.com/Ohiopets.htm

Purr-tender
07-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the shelter lists, Catty. I was hoping someone on the forum knew of a rescue personally that they could recommend.

I rescued a little 3 day old kitten this afternoon. The poor baby was crawling with maggots and starving to death. I was lucky to have a contact that is great with bottle feeding, plus she has a nursing mother. Prayers that he survives!

Catty1
07-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Prayers for your baby!

I don't know if anyone here is FROM Ohio...there must be someone! I'll check...

catmandu
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
We Hope And Pray That Your Shelter Can Survive.
I Know That The Animal Welfare Has 70 Cats And Kittens And Even The Kittens Are Not Being Adopted Out And Its Time For Them To Be Spayed And Neutered.
Its Sad That There Are So Many Surplus Creatures Og God Who Need Furr Ever Homes.

Purr-tender
07-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Sad news, the little rescue kitten didn't make it. Those nasty maggots had done too much damage and had spread into his bowels. At least he was loved and passed over in peace late this afternoon.

Still needing help finding a good rescue for my other babies. Medusa is trying to help...keeping my fingers and a few paws crossed!