PDA

View Full Version : Look what hubby found!

critter crazy
07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Hubby was tearing his 68 Couga apart, and he found this!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Rings/100_2652.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Rings/100_2653.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Rings/100_2649.jpg

The gold set is my wedding set, the one on my pinkie is the ring he found. I love it! He wants to take it to the jewlers on Saturday, and get it appraised.

joycenalex
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
sparkle on girl!

Alysser
07-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow, they are both beautiful! Did you loose it in the car or was it just there from someone else?

critter crazy
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow, they are both beautiful! Did you loose it in the car or was it just there from someone else?it was just there, it is not ours. He has had this car for years now, and just got to tearing it apart, the last few weeks.

catnapper
07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh my goodness! Thats one chunk of ice!!! :eek:

Do you think its real? I'd be ecstatic! :D

critter crazy
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh my goodness! Thats one chunk of ice!!! :eek:

Do you think its real? I'd be ecstatic! :Dwell after comparing it to my Diamond ring, which I know for sure is real, we think it is definite;y real. But one never realy knows, so I am trying not to get my hopes up. We are definitely not jewlers, so we will leave it up to the experts.:)

wombat2u2004
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I wonder what the story behind that item would be.
A futile attempt at a marriage proposal ???
A marriage or engagement breakup perhaps ????
Simply lost by some lady ???
I guess we'll just never know....hey !!!
Wom

ramanth
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow!! What a gorgeous ring to find. :D

critter crazy
07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Ohhhh...I almost forgot, hubby found a diamond stud as well!!!:)

Kirbys Mom
07-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I work in jewelry and that ring looks like alittle more like 1 half carat and worth about $599-999

jazzcat
07-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow, very nice!!!!

Twisterdog
07-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Nice! I never find anything interesting, ever. I hear about people finding wonderful treasures in old houses. Well, my house was built in 1906, and I found a few interesting old things, but nothing valuable. We just got a 1961 boat, and the only thing we found in it was an old cigarette lighter. :rolleyes: Guess I just don't have the luck!

My son SO wanted a 1968 Cougar. I found one for sale here, but it needed more work than we knew how to do, or could afford to have done. He was so sad. :(

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Wow! What a nice surprise.:D

Karen
07-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Don't get your hopes up until you get it checked, just in case it is a cubic zirconia!

jackmilliesmom
07-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Never mind the checking could it be something that was lost a long time ago by someone who never got over the loss? Imagine the gratitude and sense of acheivement you would have if you traced the owner through previous owners...

If it was me I would try to trace the owner does not matter how long you owned the car but that's just me I'm a bit of a softie....

columbine
07-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Never mind the checking could it be something that was lost a long time ago by someone who never got over the loss? Imagine the gratitude and sense of acheivement you would have if you traced the owner through previous owners...

If it was me I would try to trace the owner does not matter how long you owned the car but that's just me I'm a bit of a softie....I'm actually kind of happy to see that somebody said this. I'm always reading stories of people who have the "born detective" puzzle-solver thing in their blood, and do all kinds of clever research to track down the person who lost the ring, and it half the time turns out to be someone way across the country and they end up friends for life. I realize that that sort of detective work isn't for everybody, but people do tend to assume that it costs money when usually all it takes is a bit of perseverance.

Love, Columbine

wombat2u2004
07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm actually kind of happy to see that somebody said this. I'm always reading stories of people who have the "born detective" puzzle-solver thing in their blood, and do all kinds of clever research to track down the person who lost the ring, and it half the time turns out to be someone way across the country and they end up friends for life. I realize that that sort of detective work isn't for everybody, but people do tend to assume that it costs money when usually all it takes is a bit of perseverance.

Love, Columbine

Actually, that is a real fine thing to do.
I remember once in the 60's when I was surfing at a Sydney beach, it was late in the day and most people had gone home. I was approached by a guy some 25 years old, who asked me to help look for his wifes wedding ring which had come off her finger in the surf. I knew I'd have more chance flying to the moon than to find that ring in the sand with those pounding waves....still, I searched for an hour or so with that guy and his young wife. I can still remember her crying and crying.
I still think of that couple some times, they must be near on 70 years old now, and I bet, they would just love to have that ring, that first wedding ring for them both.
Wom

jackmilliesmom
07-25-2007, 10:08 AM
My sentiments exactly just imagine the look of amazement and gratitude on the face of some woman or man or both when the ring is returned. Some woman who lost her husband or some husband who lost his wife or some elderly couple who saved and saved for that car as their first car and then she lost her ring that they had also saved and saved for!!!!!!!!

Like I said an old romantic/softie kinda person thats me

lizbud
07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
The ring looks like my old wedding ring.Can you tell the size? It sure
was an interesting find. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Its beautiful!