PDA

View Full Version : Puff update...trip to the white coats.

Glacier
07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Puff went to the vet today, much to her very vocal dismay!

The news for Puffers is mixed. She is too skinny but she has a very small appetite and constant diarrhea. Her blood tests had something I can't spell or pronouce that was elevated. Apparently that indicates one of two things--an inflammatory bowel/digestive tract disorder or intestinal parasites. We are starting with treating for potential parasites. The shelter probably gave her Strongid, but that misses some types of worms. I don't have her health records, so not even sure they did that. I got some Drontal for her. Plus the local human pharamacy is compounding a couple weeks of Metrodiazonale into a liquid. Hopefully that will firm things up and improve her aim! She tries to hit the litter box, but rarely actually makes it! Thank goodness for giant garbage bags! I spread them under her box and that keeps the mess off the floor.

The good news is the bump on her head is just a cyst. No sign that it's anything to worry about. Just one of those bumps old critters get. The vet agrees with me that Puff is older than 10, probably more like 13.

The other good news is her overall bloodwork is pretty decent for a senior. Her kidney levels are on the high side, but not high enough to call is CRF yet. Liver and thyroid appear to be working just fine.

jenluckenbach
07-24-2007, 07:57 PM
OH! I can relate to the diarrhea! :eek: But it is good to know that all else looks good for her.

Cinder & Smoke
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Puff went to the vet today, much to her very vocal dismay!

The vet agrees with me that Puff is older than 10, probably more like 13.

The other good news is her overall bloodwork is pretty decent for a senior.

10 - 12 -13 - So, who's counting at this point in time? :p

Skinny has it's advantages ... maybe she'd like to share Ozzy's Treets?
Hang in there, Puff ... and practice improving your AIM!

:D

ramanth
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Hope Puff reacts well to the medication!

Laura's Babies
07-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Poor Puff, she is probably tired of the discomfort of having the runs. Lets hope the meds work and she can get better and start gaining weight.

catmandu
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
We Are Praying For Puff To Be Better And Restored To The Family Who Love Thier Cat Companion As Soon As Possible. The Waiting While Our Friends Are At The Vets Is The Hardest Part.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I am glad that all else is good for Puff. She is a very special kitty!

I also use bags under the potty pans sometimes!

I pray that the medication helps firm her up and give her tooshie time to heal!

Hey- How about pictures to celebrate the semi-good news :D ;)