PDA

View Full Version : For Multiple Cat Households

zippy-kat
07-25-2002, 02:14 AM
I'm curious... for those of you with cats of more than one sex, do you consider them to be brother/sister (even if they didn't come from the same litter)? hubby/wife? other?

zippy-kat
07-25-2002, 02:20 AM
Clarice and Tinker are mother/daughter.

Former User
07-25-2002, 02:24 AM
Casper and Kitty are brother and sister from the same litter.
Good poll Zippy! :)

popcornbird
07-25-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Casper and Kitty are brother and sister from the same litter.
Good poll Zippy! :)

They are? WOW! :eek: They look so different!

Efrat
07-25-2002, 02:40 AM
I guess I call all my boys brothers....even though they are not really. Gucci and Tsoomi came alone, Milki and Kfitzi are half brothers- they have the same daddy! (which we saw by the way at the cat show and he looks just lke Milki!):)

Former User
07-25-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

They are? WOW! :eek: They look so different!

Casper and Kitty's dad was black, just like Casper, and mommy was more or less the same as Kitty is now, a bit more greyish. The other sister looked like Kitty too, also a bit more grey.

Gio
07-25-2002, 03:50 AM
I regard mine brother and sisters even though they come from different litters.

I can't consider them husband and wife can I, with 2 females and 1 young male, it's either a love triangle or a husband with multiple wives or two females who share a tomboy... :eek: :o :D

yumyum6970
07-25-2002, 06:49 AM
Yum Yum and Dutchess are sisters but from different litters :)

purrley
07-25-2002, 06:52 AM
Panda and Braydee are mother and son.
Spence and Frisco may be related in some way. I bought them both from the same breeder. I consider them all my kids, but I've really never thought of what they are to each other. There's certainly a bit of rivalry occasionally:)

lynnestankard
07-25-2002, 07:54 AM
BAGEL AND KETCHUM ARE TRUE BROTHER AND SISTER FROM THE SAME LITTER. DAN IS FROM A DIFFERENT LITTER NO RELATION. BUT I CALL THEM ALL BROTHERS AND SISTER.
DAN ADORES BAGEL WHO IS HALF HIS SIZE AND RULES THE HOUSE!

LYNNE

zippy-kat
07-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Gio
I can't consider them husband and wife can I, with 2 females and 1 young male, it's either a love triangle or a husband with multiple wives or two females who share a tomboy... :eek: :o :D

:D LOL :D
That's definitely a sticky situation, Gio! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-25-2002, 11:48 AM
I consider all my boys as brothers even though they are different ages. When I have had both boys and girls, they are considered brothers and sisters. I think they would prefer being casual acquaintances though.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Tubby & Peanut aren't related in any way except that they are both cats. ;) But I still call them brother and sister as in "Tubby, where's your snotty sister?" ;)

"Casper and Kitty's dad was black, just like Casper, and mommy was more or less the same as Kitty is now, a bit more greyish. The other sister looked like Kitty too, also a bit more grey."

Seems that daughters take after their mothers and sons take after their fathers. Interesting because that happens so often in humans too.

Fuzzy317
07-25-2002, 02:41 PM
I have 2 adult cats (1 male, 1 female) and 2 young cats/kittens (1 male, 1 female). They were all adopted so they are no relation to each other. I consider my adult male the alpha/leader of the cats. The 2 kittens are fairly close in age, so they act like brother and sister.

catland
07-25-2002, 03:22 PM
The two brothers, Joxer and Quincy, are well, brothers. Their mom Jan is still their mom, even though she sometimes acts younger than them. (Does this make her their bratty little sister?)

The oldest, Sidney, is the one that is no relation to them. But we think of him as Jan's "brother" and as Quincy's and Joxer's "uncle".

ramanth
07-25-2002, 03:46 PM
Even though Reebok and Converse are true brothers from the same litter, we consider them all to be brothers.

Chance, where's your brother. *meow*

Scooter, go find your brother. *meow*

;) :D

NoahsMommy
07-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Noah and Noel are brother and sister (not from same litter and three months apart) in our house! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Tinky and Jupiter are brother and sister (NOT from the same litter)... even though they look EXACTLY alike except Tinky is a lighter shade of Jupiter and they were born on the same month :eek: So they very much so can pass as brother and sister even thought they are not.!.....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ;)

koxka
07-25-2002, 04:41 PM
I have never thought in the terms of being related,they are a bunch of beautiful lovable kitties.
Although Koxka and Iuri came from differents litters of the same mom,they have never acted like brother and sister,even after Iuri had been neutered :D And he had been a wonderful patient eldest brother to the young ones.
Paloo was a stray cat and Ginjol was rescued from a situation of semi-abandon.
I'm their human and they are my kitties,we all live in pace,having as much fun as possible, in the same house as equals.

Koxka:cool:

Heather Wallace
07-25-2002, 04:46 PM
I have 2 male cats, from different litters, I class tem as brothers

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2002, 11:33 PM
I have 3 male cats and they are unrelated. I consider them to be brothers. Some people have thought that Storm and Pepper are real brothers because they think that they resemble each other. I also consider them to be my children. :)

Logan
07-25-2002, 11:41 PM
Mine are bitter enemies, I'm afraid. Too much age difference, personality difference, etc. Mimi continues to hate Butter, although he does try to befriend her sometimes. So I answered "other" since you didn't have "bitter enemies" listed!!! I would say they "tolerate" each other.......that's progress! :)

yorkster
07-26-2002, 12:36 AM
Kedi, Wylie, and now we have Rudy. That's 3 brothers, ranging in age from 14 weeks- 8 years.
When we still had Liza (RB), she was the older sister, and very much the queen of the household :rolleyes:

kohala
07-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Mine are bitter enemies, I'm afraid. Too much age difference, personality difference, etc. Mimi continues to hate Butter, although he does try to befriend her sometimes. So I answered "other" since you didn't have "bitter enemies" listed!!! I would say they "tolerate" each other.......that's progress! :)
My hat's off to you, Logan! I would love to have two cats, at least! I caved when I tried to introduce another cat into "Grasshopper's private domain" and ended up finding the kitten another home. It turns out, if I had two cats, the relationship would be "Grasshopper" and "dinner".
I wonder if Ritzy (tuxluvr's solo tuxedo) is an only child for the same reason? Is it a Tux thing??!! LOL

The Cat Factory
07-26-2002, 02:37 PM
All min are brother/sister from different litters!

AmberLee
07-27-2002, 12:35 AM
What a relief, I suspected I was crazy!

Cassy and Sassy were male littermates and I called them brothers from the start. When we would meet with Livvy, I'd call her "Aunt" Livvy to my boys. When Sassy died and Cassy needed companionship Livvy joined our home... I started calling her his sister then. If she pays any attention to what I say, it would doubtless give her an identity crisis. :eek: Maybe it's just as well they don't listen all that closely. ;)

I think of them as my furry kids. Wonder what they think of us? Parents? Slaves? Pests??? :rolleyes: ;)