PDA

View Full Version : My dad is on a diet & hes loosing so much weight!! I'm so proud of him!!

king2005
07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Heres the short message I got from dad!

(1:43:59 PM) Dad: I lose another 3.5 lbs. over the last two weeks. I now have lost 30.5 lbs
(1:45:15 PM) Dad: I weight 174.5 lbs down from 205 lbs

Itsn't that awesome!!!

Hes doing the point system. I was getting very worried about him, because I know he has high colerterol (sp) & when he lived in Smiths Falls before the end of 2003, he was eatting well & loosing weight... Then he moved at the end of 2003 to PEI to care for his mother.. he stopped caring about his weight & he put on so much weight, that he didn't look like my dad anymore.. I was getting worried cause my dad has always been both a father & a mother to me (my mother was useless, so dad had to teach me everything about womenhood, boys, cooking, cleaning, everything), so loosing him too early was scaring me, cause his younger brother had a bypass 2yrs ago, so it runs in the family!

Some might not think that an adult male weighing 205lb is all that bad.. but when that adult male is short (I'm 5'2 & I'm just a hair taller then him), its a big problem... We have the same builds, short, stocky frame, so our healthy weight is 140lbs...

so YAY to my dad :D

jackmilliesmom
07-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Well done to dad hope he keeps it up with a little exercise thrown in to help. Just short walks or some swimming it will help his metabolism

Laura's Babies
07-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Congrats to your Dad.. WHY is it so much easier to put it on than take it off? :rolleyes: (And a heck of a lot more fun!)

king2005
07-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Well done to dad hope he keeps it up with a little exercise thrown in to help. Just short walks or some swimming it will help his metabolism

He does a lot of walking. He maintaines the grass at both cottages + the field that is inbetween both cottages, so its clean. He's Mr. fix it for his condo building & takes care of all the old ladies in the building, so hes always on the move... One of the problems is that the old ladies would bake dad a lot of goodies & he would eat a lot of them. Now they all know hes on a diet for his health, they don't give him too many, only a couple to enjoy as a treat. As thats the only way some of the ladies are able to pay him. Dad also opens & closes cottages all over the island for the old ladies & their friends.. There is a crazy demand for my dad, as hes a womans man. My dad loves to help older women, as he knows they cannot do it & other people do a 1/2 butt job. So dad has been sent to mansions!!! Dad said the houses are awesome!! But need a lot of work, as the old ladies don't take proper care of them. But they all love him, so they let him into their home & let him take over on said room.

Hes been around for many deaths in the condo building, as all the old ladies use to have husbands. Dad would check up on them every couple of dads, or if the wife wanted a day out, he would go babysite the husband...

Poor dad doesn't stop. So he eats SOOOOOOOOOOOO much food... I mean he was eatting a lot!! He was always a big eatter at dinner time.. but then he started having huge lunches & extra meals.. + those darn old ladies baking hehe...

I cannot wait until we can wear the same clothing again!! I like wearing his clothing, cause that means I have to pack less of my own clothing when I fly out to PEI to see him. Because I always have so much stuff to bring home, as I get spoiled :D

king2005
07-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Congrats to your Dad.. WHY is it so much easier to put it on than take it off? :rolleyes: (And a heck of a lot more fun!)

I know, isn't it mean?? :D :rolleyes: