PDA

View Full Version : Homes needed-Shubunkins

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I do not know if any of you PTes are local and looking for fish but I have a 900 gallon pond in my front yard. I had a shubunkin lay eggs last year and still have about 12-14 babies to find homes for. They are now approximately 3 inches long. If you or anyone you know wants these guys please let me know. I have donated to schools locally but have pretty much exhausted my sources. If I take them to the pet store I am afraid they may end up in the feeder tank :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Awwwwww I wish you were living closer to me! We have a large pond, and my hubby would be thrilled to get those shubunkins... .

Twisterdog
07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
I can't help you, but I'm curious. What exactly is a shubunkin? Do you have pictures?

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
M&I's mommy--I wish you lived closer too. I love all my fish but the more fish, well the more mess :p Plus the pond is not really big enough to adequately hold all those as adults.

Twisterdog--A shubunkin is related to the gold fish. They have a pale blue background with orange and black markings. They will reach approximately 10" as adults which is almost as big as the biggest fish in these pictures(who is 13 inches).

This picture is old but will give you an okay idea of what they look like. The shubys are all the smaller ones(those are the babies). The mother is on the far right vertical in the picture(she almost looks white) the other adult is to her left facing her(half blue and half orange).
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/IMG_2483.jpg

This one shows them a tiny bit better...mother is surfacing on the left upper corner and the other female adult is at the bottom right.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/IMG_2479.jpg

Sorry they are not the best pictures but fish in a pond are not easy to photograph :D

Twisterdog
07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Cool. Like a koi? They are very pretty. I wish I had the space, time, money, patience, etc. for a big pond. I have a little one, with a waterfall, in the front yard, but not big enough for fish. Thanks for the info.

Blue Dragonfly
07-26-2007, 05:47 AM
i would so love 1 or 2 in my tank, but i live in australia.

WELOVESPUPPIES
07-26-2007, 06:03 AM
i would so love 1 or 2 in my tank, but i live in australia.

hmmmmmm...I have always wanted to go to Australia. Do you think my hubby will find this reason enough LOL.