PDA

View Full Version : New 'Price is Right' Host

JenBKR
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=269773&GT1=7703

Drew Carey Is Bob Barker's Replacement
Jul 23, 4:29 PM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Genial comic Drew Carey was tapped Monday to replace silver-haired legend Bob Barker on the CBS daytime game show "The Price is Right."

Carey confirmed the deal during a taping of the "Late Show" with David Letterman.

The selection attracted more attention than usual for a daytime show because of the prospect of replacing Barker, 83. Barker retired after 35 years in the job last month following taping of his 6,586th episode.

The opening attracted widespread interest, including from comic Rosie O'Donnell after she left "The View."

Carey, 49, spent a decade on his own ABC sitcom and also was host of the game show "Whose Line is It Anyway?," a comic improvisational show.

He will also be host of a new CBS prime-time game show, "The Power of 10," that will air first next month. He told The Associated Press that CBS officials first contacted him about "The Price is Right" immediately after he completed a pilot of the other game show this spring.

I personally like Drew Carey, and I think he will make a good host.

finn's mom
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I just hopes he keeps saying "spay and neuter your pets." ;) I like Drew Carey a lot.

Logan
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I fell in love with Drew Carey on "Whose Line Is It Anyway". I hope he will be a hit on "The Price Is Right", even though I never watch that show!

Logan

king2005
07-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Hmmmm... I like Drew Carry, but the show wont be the same.. I stopped watching when Rod was no longer on it, as that new younger guy annoyed me..

What ever happened to Rod??

lvpets2002
07-24-2007, 12:29 PM
:) Oh I am so excited.. Woo Hoo good choice for Drew Carry.. I as well like him alot & think he will be just great..

davidpizzica
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Hmmmm... I like Drew Carry, but the show wont be the same.. I stopped watching when Rod was no longer on it, as that new younger guy annoyed me..

What ever happened to Rod??
King2005, I hate to tell you that Rod Roddy passed away from cancer a few years ago. I always looked forward to see what kind of fancy suit he would wear. I'm glad they chose Drew Carey, he's a good choice. Anyone but Rosie O'donnell!!

sammy101
07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I love Drew Carey!
Does anyone know when it will be back on?
I'm just glad they didn't pick Rosie O'Donnell! :eek:

cassiesmom
07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
How about it, Drew Carey! Is he an advocate for neutering and spaying of pets? I think it would be nice if they would continue to give the reminder at the end of the show about having pets neutered or spayed, even though bob Barker has retired.

jackie
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I think Drew is a perfect choice.

I have always liked him. :)

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I think he is a great choice but it will be so odd seeing anyone in Bob's place.. Thank GOD, they didn't pick Rosie!!!!

Flatcoatluver
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I just hopes he keeps saying "spay and neuter your pets." ;) I like Drew Carey a lot.
I agree. I think that part is very important and hopefully they will still bring some shelter pets on the show too. I love Drew Carey and I think it will bring a whole new group of people to watch the show.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
I like Drew too! By the way, he has a new evening game show starting in August called: The Power of 10. I think that's the name any way. :)

Sevaede
07-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Drew Carey is very funny. Good for him! :)

dukedogsmom
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Woo hoo! Go Drew! I think he'll make the perfect host. I can't wait to see it with him. I'm so glad Rosie didn't get it!

slleipnir
07-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I seem to be the only one, but I don't care much for him. I think he's only funny when he has a script. I didn't think anything he did on Whose Line was funny. He was good on the Drew Carey show or whatever it was called that he was on lol (I think because it was scripted)