PDA

View Full Version : Please keep Luna in your thoughts: Crystals! (blood test results: opinions please!!!)

Kirsten
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
This morning, I brought a urine sample to the vet, and the results I got were slightly alarming:

- an increased number of leukocytes
- pH-value too high
- protein in her urine

My vet thinks this (especially the protein) may indicate that her kidneys are not working 100%. She will do some further tests to find out if there are renal epithelial cells in her urine. Also, her urine will be send to a lab to do further tests for bacteria.

The next thing we have to do is taking blood from her, and doing an ultrasound of her kidneys and bladder. This will most likely have to be done under anaesthesia because she will panic. But I still hope she will let us do that without being sedated, because she doesn't tolerate that very well. Also, when her kidneys are really not working, anaesthesia would be VERY risky.

Needless to say, I'm more than worried! My vet said that if a renal failure is diagnosed at an early state and is being treated, the cat can still live for many years (and I know some PT cats do!). So I try not too worry too much, but it's hard. As you know, Luna is my heart kitty and means the world to me.

Another thing I worry about are the costs. Alone the tests we have to do the next weeks will be very expensive, and I need to think about a second job. As you know, I was recently on sick leave with a burn out syndrome, so that is going to be very tough, but I'd do everything to help Luna!

But it's just not fair, life never treated my beloved girl very well!! Please keep her in your thoughts!

Kirsten

Donnaj4962
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this Kirsten. Many prayers from me and my girls in Indiana that Luna is soon feeling better and that the vet can find what needs to be done to fix her! (((hugs)))

krazyaboutkatz
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that it's not kidney failure and if it is I hope that she'll continue to be a happy and healthy girl for many more years to come. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

DJFyrewolf36
Prayers on the way for sweet Luna! *Hugs* I hope your girl starts feeling better soon.

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
But it's just not fair, life never treated my beloved girl very well!!

Ah, but life did, of all the places she could have ended up in this world, she ended up where she is loved and adored with a Mommie that will go to the ends of the earth to help her get well.

Prayers for your beautiful girl!!

Kirsten
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Ah, but life did, of all the places she could have ended up in this world, she ended up where she is loved and adored with a Mommie that will go to the ends of the earth to help her get well.

Oh, Laura, I tried to be a brave Mommie all day, but now I cannot hold the tears back!

I thank you all for your support, prayers and well-wishes! Luna is only 7 years old, way too young for this!!

Kirsten

Catsnclay
07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Luna is only 7 years old, way too young for this!!

Kirsten

Actually she is not.......sorry. But for cats 7 years old is considered 'senior'

IF, and that is a very big if, she does have renial falilure you are catching it early - which is VERY good.

Our Fluffy, who just passed in April at age 20 :eek: , was caught early and he lived a long time after his diagnosis.

But be prepared, if it is RF you may have to do meds and sub Q fluids for the rest of her life......you will become a caregiver, and trust me that is a hard job. :(

Good luck , we will keep you in our thoughts.

anna_66
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Kirsten I'm sorry to hear this news:(

You and Luna will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Kirsten, you are one of the very first cat people I remember from this site. And I remembered that you had Katz before you had Luna, and how much you loved her, just like you do Luna.

Please know that Luna and you will be in my prayers. 7 might be considered "senior" for a cat and a dog, but in my heart, I believe that it is still a young pet. I will hope and pray that your Luna will be with you for a long, long time.

Logan and Butter

Sevaede
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
*HUGS* Great thoughts and vibes going your way! :(

jennielynn1970
07-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Luna coming your way. That sweet girl needs a break. Big hugs to you and to Luna!

jenluckenbach
07-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Luna will always be in my thoughts. AND (as said) catching this early is a great benefit. Please keep us updated.

orangemm
07-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Hugs and prayers to both of you. Kirsten, you are a most devoted kitty-mom and with your vet's guidance and your tender care, Luna will be fine. And, we'll be here for you, too.

Pawla
07-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Kirsten, I am so very sorry to hear this about your Luna. I hope all turns out to be okay. I know how it feels to have a "heart" cat, Squeak is mine. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

But it's just not fair, life never treated my beloved girl very well!!
Life gave her a Meowmie that loves her very much. That should count for something.

Felicia's Mom
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I will keep Luna in my prayers.

kimlovescats
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Thinking of you and your dear Luna!

Hugs,
Kim

Medusa
07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I sure hope it's just a fluke and that Luna isn't in RF but if she is, please don't panic or despair. My Puddy has been in renal failure for nearly 5 years now and, although she does have her bouts, she's doing great! And she's operating on only one kidney now. The subQ fluids are a piece o' cake; if I can give them to Puddy, more affectionately known as the Pudilator, :p you'll be able to give them to Luna w/no problems. The first time or two is scary because it's new to you and her; after that, nah! Relax and know that all is well. We're all praying for you and Luna.

kb2yjx
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Kirsten!!! In a way this is a blessing in disguise that it was discovered so early!! My vet has said that some cats do not show renal disease until 75% of the kidneys function is gone!! However, Luna is so lucky to have a Mom like you that will do what she can to take care of her girl!!! If this is of any help, Raven was ONLY 4 years old when she developed kidney disease. Now, after eating a kidney diet(k/d canned) and fluids for a few years, she turned 11 in April!!! Prayers for both Luna and you!!! Sandra

catmandu
07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh No.
Not Dear Little Luna. We are sending All Our Prayers and Wishes that One Of Pet Talks Favorite ladies will be all right and that the White Cats will be able to help.The Found Cats and I are shaken that Lunas not well.

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh, Laura, I tried to be a brave Mommie all day, but now I cannot hold the tears back!

I think we are all like that when we get distressing news about one of our babies. I was so stunned when that vet told me about Giz's heart murmer that I almost cried right there.. Soon as I got home, I let it go and had a good cry over it.. Same as when I heard about Amy's CH and there being no cure for it. Now I realize she was sent into my life to teach me a lot of things. You can cry all you want, she is your baby and you love her... what else would a good Mommie do?

phesina
07-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Kirsten, we are all saying our prayers and sending our love and healing energies for Luna. God bless you both (and Lily too).

Pat and cats

Catty1
07-24-2007, 07:58 PM
She might have to go on kidney food, but that shouldn't hurt Lily. And they might gain a girlish figure out of it all! :)

HUGS - it will be ok, Kirsten!

Can your vet do a payment plan for you?

ramanth
07-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and Luna!!

jazzcat
07-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Luna but as others have said if it is her kidneys it is good that it's caught early. Ripley is a kidney cat and is still going at 15 years old. We caught it over two years ago and he's had to have little extra care (or expense) so far. Try not to worry too much until you know for sure what is going on.

Kirsten
07-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I thank you all for keeping my beloved girl in your thoughts! It helps a lot!

I called my vet this morning, she wanted to sediment Luna's urine for a second time last night. She said that she found some struvite crystals (no surprise actually), but no renal epithelial cells. I hope that is a good sign!!

She suggested to wait for the results of the bacteriological tests, which will be back from the lab by Friday, and then do the ultrasound and bloodwork next week. But she would like to do that under anaesthesia; because Luna will fight and that way, the ultrasound wouldn't turn out well. I can see her point, but I'm not comfortable with the thought though. Luna acted strange after her last sedation in early 2006, and I wouldn't like to put her through that again. I also fear the risks of anaesthesia. On the other hand, I know it will simply be impossible to do the ultrasound and take the blood from her when she's not sedated.

OMG, it's so frustrating!!

Kirsten

Medusa
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
It can be scary to put our furkids under anesthesia but sometimes we just gotta because certain tests can't be done otherwise. Just know that all is well and Luna will be fine.

Kirsten
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
It can be scary to put our furkids under anesthesia but sometimes we just gotta because certain tests can't be done otherwise.

I know, but I'm very nervous about this anaesthesia. I haven't decided yet whether I will have it done in the morning, go to work and leave her at the vet's the entire day, or have it done in the evening, take her home with me afterwards and watch her closely.

Kirsten

Medusa
07-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I didn't mean to make it sound as though I'm minimizing your hesitation to put Luna under. That's certainly not the case. Whatever you decide, just be sure to trust your instincts. You know your cat better than anyone. When Yodie had to go under for the ear polyp, I was so scared because she was so thin that you could see all her bones, even in her face. And Dr. Lee said it scared him to death. But she came through it fine. Please know that extra prayers are going out to your sweet Luna and to you, whatever your decision.

lvpets2002
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM
:( I am so sad for wittle Luna & meowmomie.. Me & the clowder send lots of Huggss & Prayers..

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2007, 11:41 PM
I hope that everything will go well for Luna. She'll continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

trayi52
07-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Kirsten, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Luna at this time.

Willie

phesina
07-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Kirsten, we are thinking of you and Luna and praying for you both, as you consider the anesthesia decision.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

Kirsten
07-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Thank you all!

I got a call from my vet today. The results from the urinalysis came back from the lab today, and they were all negative. No bacteria in her urine, not even e.coli!

This, however, makes the bloodwork and the ultrasound even more important, as there has to be another reason for her constant UTIs. She will have these tests done on Monday afternoon, and I will give you another update after that.

I told my vet that I'm very concerned and worried about the anaesthesia, but there will probably be no other way. Please keep my Luna in your thoughts, she will have a tough day on Monday, and it breaks my heart!

Kirsten

Medusa
07-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Lots of good energy and prayers going your way. We're all praying positive. :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm glad to hear that her urinalysis was normal :) Now hopefully the ultrasound will show your vet what's going on with her. I hope that everything will go smoothly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Catty1
07-28-2007, 06:23 PM
If anyone wants to help Kirsten out, I have her PayPal email addy. Just PM me and let me know. :)

July 28, 2007 - 1 USD = $1.369 in Euros

jenluckenbach
07-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I am so sorry that Luna needs to go through this, but I pray it will reveal the problem.

kb2yjx
07-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Prayers heading your way for Monday test day...

Emeraldgreen
07-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Kirsten, I just wanted to pass along some support in case Luna is diagnosed with Kidney failure. My cat Jade was diagnosed at the age of 15 with kidney failure and she went on to live to almost 21. As Mary said in an earlier post, sub-q fluids make all the difference and you'd be amazed at how used to it you and your cat can become. I used to give Jade 100ml once per week. It took about 10 minutes or less and within an hour of giving her the fluids, she had tons more energy. If it's needed, the vet can sell you a 1000ml bag of fluids and it's pretty cheap. It's been a year or so since I last bought it but the bag of fluids is less than 10.00 and the drip set connector is about 20.00. The needles are about .25 cents each. I know that alot of the costs you are facing are right now while the vet tries to give you a diagnosis which is the hardest part.
Diet is also an issue with kidney cats. At first I tried to feed Jade the lower protein food but after a time she just wouldn't eat it. My vet basically said that it was more important to feed her something that she would eat rather than let her go without food. This of course is not what I am suggesting and while it worked out for Jade it would be something you'd have to discuss with your vet but I just wanted to let you know that Jade did really well and there is alot of hope.
I definitely can relate about being nervous about anesthesia. Maybe you could ask your vet about a sedation that animal hospitals offer that can be immediately reversed once the procedure has been completed. I can't remember the name of it but it is an injection and so is the reversal. It's not as heavy duty as full anesthesia and might be enough to get the ultrasound done. You could call your vet to ask about it and see if it is a possible option for Luna.
If Luna does require anesthesia, don't feel bad about calling every hour or so for an update. :) It might be a bit embarrasing but who cares. It will give you peace of mind and will also remind them to keep a close eye on your baby. Take care.

Kirsten
07-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Luna and I will leave here in a couple of minutes, please keep your fingers crossed for us! I'm very nervous! I will stay with her, and I'll take her home with me afterwards.

Thank you everyone for your support, this helps a lot.

And thank you very much to Catty1 for starting the paypal thing to help Luna. (reg. the currency, it's the other way around, 1 Euro is 1,36 USD, which makes 1 USD to be 0,77 Euro).

Emeraldgreen, your Jade lived a VERY long life! Unfortunately, I think we don't have these sub-q-fluids over here, maybe Barbara (who also lives in Germany, and who has a kidney cat) knows more about this). But I will ask about the reversable sedation.

Well, have to hurry now. Luna is sitting next to me and looks so cute, she doesn't know what's awaiting her in a couple of minutes! It breaks my heart!!

There are two things I really fear: kidney failure and (even worse) cancer. Please keep your fingers crossed that it's none of this!!

Thank you,
Kirsten

Medusa
07-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Extra special prayers going out for your sweet Luna and you.

jenluckenbach
07-30-2007, 08:42 AM
More of those extra special thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Donnaj4962
07-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I am just catching up with this today. Oh Kirsten, I am so sorry you and Luna are having to go through this.

Many prayers coming from me and the girls in Indiana that all goes well today and they find the problem and are able to fix it.

Bless both of you!

Randi
07-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Kirsten, I'm sitting here thinking of you and Luna with my fingers crossed that she will be OK. I know how worried you are - I would be too.

Best of luck - and let us know what's going on when you get home, please.

Wish I could help with money, but I'm struggling as it is.

Catty1
07-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Big PT prayers - you and your heart kitty will get through this!

Kirsten
07-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Just coming back from the vet, and it was a terrible ordeal for Luna! She got sedated, but not as much as for surgery, so she was totally aware of everything happening. First, they draw blood from her, and Luna growled and whined while they did that. She was so scared. After that, they shaved her belly; she didn't like that either. When they tried the ultrasound, it turned out her bladder was almost empty. So she got fluids (saline solution) to make her bladder filling quickly. After a while, they could finally see her bladder. There were no tumors or stones to be seen, but lots of crystals. You could see them swimming in her bladder, it looked like a snow globe! :( They checked her kidneys also, but they looked fine. *big sigh of relief*

But of course we will have to wait for the blood test results, which won't be back before Thursday. I know I won't be relaxed before they are back!

For the crystals, Luna will get a special diet (which has to be ordered first), and a new paste that contains cranberry extract. Finally cranberrie products are available here!!

Right now, Luna is stumbling around, still very dizzy. She just crawled onto my bed, and I think I will now lay down next to her, she wants to be with mommy. Right when she crawled out of her carrier, she gave me headbumpies. She's such a cute girl!!

Thank you everyone for your support. Please keep her in your thoughts for the results of the blood test.

Randi, don't worry about that, I totally understand!

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
No tumors or stones is GREAT news. And the kindeys looking good is also great news. I must admit though, I would wonder why these crystals did not show up on the last urinalysis. :confused:
Now, your best defence is to make sure Luna stays on the correct food. (I hope they let you know what type of crystals they found).
Biddy is having this crystal problem right now, and the food is not doing enough for him. :( (but that is another story)

Now Luna and you can get a good rest, and hopefully the results will come back with good news as well.

Kirsten
07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
My vet did a second test last week, and there, she found struvite crystals. I posted about that in post #25. I think the problem is that we just don't manage to get the pH-value of her bladder down. :( Maybe the new cranberry paste will help here!

Luna is still dizzy, and wants to be close to me all the time. At least she doesn't seem to be mad at me for all I put her through today.

Kirsten

lisalee
07-30-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all the things Luna has been going through lately. Poor little girl, she'll definitley be in my thoughts and prayers that her bloodwork is just fine and she has many more healthy years ahead of her!

lvpets2002
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
;) Luna our wittle adorable one get better soon.. We all hear on PT are Praying & Sending Healing Vibes.. Bigg Huggss Head Bumps sent from our furr purr family..

jenluckenbach
07-30-2007, 12:49 PM
My vet did a second test last week, and there, she found struvite crystals. I posted about that in post #25. I think the problem is that we just don't manage to get the pH-value of her bladder down. :( Maybe the new cranberry paste will help here!

Luna is still dizzy, and wants to be close to me all the time. At least she doesn't seem to be mad at me for all I put her through today.

Kirsten
Sorry, I did miss that. Biddy has been given a medication called Ammonil, to lower urinary ph. Maybe you could try that if the cranberry doesn't work. And I am going to try the cranberry for Biddy.

Donnaj4962
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Awww, poor Luna. She has had a rough day (as has her Meowmie!). But it sounds like she is doing what she needs to be doing... resting with you!

Many more prayers that the cranberry paste and special diet witll take care of the crystals once and for all!

Medusa
07-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Luna's had a rough day but it sounds like yours was rougher. :p Our cats are tougher than we realize, I think. I'm glad you now know what part of the problem is. Rest now w/Luna and dream good dreams.

Randi
07-30-2007, 01:40 PM
It's been a bit tough on you both today, but I'm glad to hear Luna doesn't have a life threatening disease? SP? Now she needs some cuddle time with mummy and she'll be back to normal soon. :)

Kirsten, it's very important that you stick to the diet food the vet says!! I remember when Fister had Struvite crystals... the vet said, don't give him one single shrimp!! It was hard when he was begging, but.... ;)

Get better, sweet Luna!

Kirsten
07-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Thank you all! :)

Jen, I'll keep that Ammonil in mind and will ask my vet if it's available here.

Randi, I'll be very careful with her diet! At the vet's office, they ordered the diet food in cans for me, that way we'll be sure that Lily won't eat it.

Strange; Luna just wanted to eat, stared at the food, but did not eat. It's not too bad because at this point, she would throw it up anyway. But she seems to be hungry, at least she's interested in food, but doesn't eat. Wonder if that's still the dizziness. They also cleaned her teeth when she was sedated (only her molars because her teeth looked actually very good!) and I saw that her gums started bleeding a bit when the tartar was removed. Now I wonder if she's having a tooth ache? When she's still not eating tomorrow, I'll ask my vet about it...

Kirsten

phesina
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
So glad to hear of such welcome news.. no tumors or stones! We are praying and hoping that the special diet food and cranberry paste do the job on the crystals.

And we are praying for good results from the blood work.

Meanwhile, Kirsten and Luna need to get as much rest, TOGETHER, as they can!

Sending our prayers and healing energies and good wishes,
Pat and the cats

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm glad to hear that Luna doesn't have any tumors or stones.:) Hopefully her new diet and cranberry paste will help her crystal problem. I also hope that she'll like eating her new food. I've been adding a fair amount of water to Storm's canned food to make it more like a gravy or soupy consistency and he loves it. I'll continue to keep Luna in my thoughts and prayers.

Kirsten
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I'll keep you updated. I will get the diet food on Thursday, and hopefully they will also have the results of the bloodwork that day.

Kirsten

kb2yjx
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear that Luna did not have any tumors! WHEW!!! I know that you will do all you can to help your girl!!! Prayers and hugs!! Sandra

Barbara
08-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Sorry to be so late with this thread. But I am glad all I could contribute is not needed anymore as Luna's kidneys are ok :)
I am sure Luna eats by now? Good that they got the teeth cleaned- Filou and Tigris get that about every 1,5 to 2 years. Bulding tartar can vary individually- some cats get a lot, some not- just like in humans.
And for sub-q fluids- of course you get them here. Filou gets them every week and this is what makes him tick still with Aby speed 3 years after his renal failure was diagnosed :)

Kirsten
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank you! :)

Yes, Luna started eating her dry food the same night. I think her gums were a bit sore after she got her teeth cleaned, and that's why she first prefered wet food. Now her appetite is back!! :)

BTW, it's been the first time that she got some tartar removed, and only on the four big molars. The rest of her teeth were okay, so I guess she's one of the lucky ones who don't build tartar so easily... :)

I hope I'll get the results of the blood work tomorrow, please keep her in your thoughts...

Kirsten

Kirsten
08-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay, got the results of the blood test today.

The good news is: her kidney values and also her liver values are okay, so these organs are working well!

What worries me is her blood count:

erythrocytes: normal
hematocrit: normal
hemoglobin: normal
leukocytes: decreased (2.1 G/l, normal would be 6.0 - 11.0)
neutrophil granulocytes: decreased (47%, normal would be 60 - 78%)
lymphocytes: increased (43%, 15 - 38% would be normal)
monocytes: normal
eosinophils: slightly increased (7%, 0 - 6 would be normal)
basophils: normal
thrombocytes: decreased (120 G/l, 180 - 530 would be normal)

At the vet's I was told that this is a typical blood count after a treatment with antibiotics, and that there's nothing to worry about. I remember that 1 and a half year ago, her blood count was similar, and she also was on antibiotics before.

But I'm still worried about the extremely decreased leukocytes, I worry that she may have cancer, or FeLV. I even called the vet office again because of that, and again, I was told not to worry. They said I could repeat the test in a couple of weeks, but that would mean new stress for Luna, so they recommended not to do it. Except for her UTIs, she never shows any signs of illness.

So, what do you think of this?

Kirsten

Catty1
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Kirsten - did a quick Google search for you.

White blood cells or leukocytes are cells of the immune system which defend the body against both infectious disease and foreign materials. In conditions such as leukemia the number of leukocytes is higher than normal, and in leukopenia this number is much lower.

Leukopenia (or leukocytopenia, or leucopenia or leukopaenia) is a decrease in the number of circulating white blood cells (leukocytes) in the blood...a decrease in the number of these cells can place patients at increased risk for infection.

Lymphocytes - have 3 types of cells, and are part of the immune system.

Eosinophils make up about 1-5% of white blood cells(in humans). They are also involved in fighting infection when it is present.

Platelets or thrombocytes are the cell fragments circulating in the blood that are involved in the cellular mechanisms of primary hemostasis leading to the formation of blood clots. This means the clotting ability is a bit low, that's all.

Kirsten - many years ago, I was 14, and had had one of many throat infections that plagued me during my teen and young adult years.

Afterwards, there was a raised lymph node on my neck, and my mom was worried. Dad checked with the doctor at his workplace - first thing he asked is if I had had an infection lately. Yes - and I had been on antibiotics. He said that was totally normal.

The lymph system cleans out the 'war dead' - the bad infection bits that are killed when the meds are given and as the body fights the infection.

Her iron and red cell count is normal; the white cells are out of whack from the recent infection and treatment (and stress can affect that too - the immune response/white cells).

If she was up to it - a blood test would show the levels would be much different in a couple of weeks' time.

HUGS

Craftlady
08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I'd run them again in couple weeks.

Maybe they wouldnt have to sedate her just for the blood work. Thumper did great and required no sedation.
I think if the vet's are use to doing blood work they can do it fast enough that an animal shouldnt realize anything was going on.

Medusa
08-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Yep, I'd say do the blood work in a few weeks. Vets are fast and experienced w/it and Luna probably wouldn't even have to be put under anesthesia. We'll keep the prayers going......

kb2yjx
08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Kirsten, I have to agree with the above posts to have the blood work repeated in a few weeks! Hugs! Sandra

Catty1
08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Posted by Kirsten
They said I could repeat the test in a couple of weeks, but that would mean new stress for Luna, so they recommended not to do it.

Kirsten
08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Candace, thank you very much for your research, and for the infos.

I called my vet again and spoke about my concerns, and again I was told not to worry. They also told me that her number of leukocytes would have been increased if she had leukemia.

I was told that her blood count was typical for a cat with a chronic UTI under antibiotical treatment.

This week, my vet is on vacation, and when she's back, they will look for the results of her blood count from early 2006. We will compare the results and after that, we'll decide what to do (if the test should be repeated in a couple of weeks or not).

Kirsten