PDA

View Full Version : My Girls....

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 10:48 AM
They are so glad Meowmie is home again and are showering me with attention and affection. They take turns keeping my lap warm everytime I sit down.

Today was Amy and Giz's annual vet check and they were not happy campers having to go somewhere in the car. Both got clean bills of health and updated on their shots. Giz's heart murmur is not worse, actually sounded better he said but that is because the medicine is working. Poor Amy was so stressed out on the table that water was pouring out of her nose and her mouth so he hurried with her and got her back in the kennel. I have never seen her stress out that bad before and it scared the daylights out of me.

There is a whole new gang of people working at the vets office now and one of the girls there like to have had a heart attack when she saw Amy in the kennel when I went to put Giz in the car.. I came back and couldn't find Amy.. Seems the girl saw her shaking and trembeling and thought she was having a seizure and grabbed her up and ran to the vet with her. They got their first lesson in Cerebella Hypoplasia today through Amy! Several of them had never seen nor heard of CH so thanks to Amy, they are now aware of it.

Here is that sweetheart sleeping like a angel.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Amy.jpg

Giz and Samantha watching the catsitter DVD but when they heard the camera come on they turned to look at me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3213.jpg

I discussed Boo with the vet and how aggresive she has been and her fitting in is not going as well and I had hoped. I told him she has always been high strung and a xitch, will attack the others for no reason and I want to try something to calm her down and see if that helps.. Looks like we will put her on kitty prozack but he wants to research some things first before we start..
Here she is resting on the perch the other day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3207.jpg

kimlovescats
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
What lovely pictures of your sweet babies! Just love that sleeping Amy!!!
Poor little girl! So sorry she got so upset at the vets office, but how wonderful that everyone got good reports! That poor tech must have really been terrified, but she sure was on the ball looking after your girl!

Kim

DJFyrewolf36
07-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Glad your kitties got a clean bill of health! Spook sends headbumpies to Amy...she isn't too fond of the car or the whitecoats either.

I do hope Boo starts feeling like she fits in. I know how hard it can be having one unhappy member of a kitty clan. *Hugs* to you for taking the time to help her feel better, and *rubs* to Boo too.

Donnaj4962
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Good check-ups! YEAH! I am sorry Amy got so upset at the vets. Poor little one. Your babies are so cute!

lvpets2002
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
;) Aweee just look at wittle SweetHeart Amy sleeping.. So glad she is calm now.. All the babies are just so so adorable.. Yes Laura my Taccoa goes in this coming Saturday for her checkup/shots & micro-chipen.. I am so nervous too.. My new woman Vet has only had one other CH baby in her office.. She has already seen Taccoa once & both got nervouse (I think).. So glad all is calm with Amy & the others now.. great pics thanks

cassiesmom
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Yay for a good report from the doctor! Your kitties are beautiful!

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
lvpets2002- I hope Taccoa don't stress out as bad as Amy did... It really has me asking myself if I really need to take her every year or not. It is not good for her to stress out so bad so which is the lesser of the two "evils"?

DJFyrewolf36- Boo does seem to be doing better and had it not been for how she started out attacking them and continuing to attack now and then, I think they would tolerate her. But she seems to just HATE Samantha and will stalk and attack her every chance she gets..

Sevaede
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Woohoo for a good report! I am so happy to hear that all went well! Pets and headbumpies to everyone! :D

lvpets2002
07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
lvpets2002- I hope Taccoa don't stress out as bad as Amy did... It really has me asking myself if I really need to take her every year or not. It is not good for her to stress out so bad so which is the lesser of the two "evils"?

Oh I know Laura about being so stressed over taken our CH babies to the Vet.. Taccoa the last time we went just cryed & cryed & was so stressed.. All we did is just check her.. This Saturday she get all the shots & micro-chiped.. I do know Meowmom will be right there holding Taccoa..

catmandu
07-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Theres nothing like a clean bill of health at the Vets to makethe whole world seem a little brighter.And we are praying that Boo will calm down and learn to accept her new family.
Any news on the winner of the Burger King contest?

kt_luvs_kitties
07-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Thank God all is well.

Poor Amy. But I am glad she is ok.

Boo will settle down I believe, but maybe she just isnt a sociable kitty?

Poor tech, I did that once before when I first started working at a vet, back in 2002. SCARY stuff! ;)

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Gary, I guess CAAWS finds out when the rest of us to... August 1st! I hope the animals WIN!!!

jazzcat
07-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Aww, such a sweet picture of Amy. It's good to see your girls.

I'm glad Giz and Amy got a clean bill of health but sorry to hear Amy got so stressed. I hope something is able to help Miss Boo chill and learn to go with the flow.

phesina
07-25-2007, 05:22 PM
We're glad the girls got clean bills of health and updates on their shots.

So sorry to read how stressed poor Amy was by the experience. And to read that Taccoa was so stressed when she went to her vet's too.

We all, especially Elmer, send our love and comforting pets and purrs to both of them.

And we're all praying that Boo will find a way to learn to relax and settle down, too.

Amy was the one who introduced me to Cerebellar Hypoplasia through Laura, so it is thanks to her that Elmer wasn't totally alarming to us when he first came to our shelter.

He has been back to the vet's only once (to be neutered) since I've had him, and he handled it quite well. We're so sorry that Amy and Taccoa find it so much more stressful an experience.

So nice to see Amy sleeping so comfortably and happily after!

Pat, Elmer, and the gang

Freedom
07-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Such lovely kitties in all those photos you posted! Thanks for sharing them.

It is so hard when the pets get worried, we can't explain a thing to them to help them calm down. I wish there WAS a way to communicate better with them and reassure them. Sweet Amy, she taught those vet techs some important lessons today.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Woohoo!!! Yippie!! Our Laura is back home! I've missed you Laura :)