PDA

View Full Version : PT Meeting in Melbourne

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-24-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm in Melbourne for training for my new job at the moment......

I arrived on Sunday morning, and luckily had the day free, so I managed to hook up with a couple of my dear friends from PT......

MICHELLE (Captain) picked me up from my hotel, took me to Victoria Market, and then after a quick tour by car around the city we headed over to an AMAZING area called Southbank where we met up with TAMARA (IttyBittyKitty) for a lovely lunch.

Michelle had to shoot off after lunch, so Tamara and I spent a lovely afternoon looking round all the shopping centers and browsing the sales!!

Thanks to Michelle and Tamara for taking the time out to meet up with me - it was awesome to meet you both!

lizbud
07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all. Isn't it nice to meet up with
other PTers? I'm glad your trip went well. :)

Karen
07-24-2007, 11:02 AM
How fun! Glad you got to meet up, and I hope your time there is going well!

gini
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Although she doesn't post much anymore - Miss Meow (Nicole) lives in Melbourne too.

Isn't Melbourne one of the lovliest cities? I am so happy (and jealous)
that you got to meet up with Captain and IttyBittyKitty.

Good luck on your training!

Logan
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
How wonderful!!!!! I'm so glad were able to meet a few Pet Talk friends!

Logan

Killearn Kitties
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Oooo, I'm so jealous! I would love to have been there. :D
Glad you all had such a good time!

Rachel
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for sharing the excitement of this meeting and the picture...but who is who???

anna_66
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
How lovely that you were able to meet up with them. I envy you:)

Laura's Babies
07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
How wonderful!! It is always nice to have a PT meeting and see the people behind the posts... We never run out of anything to talk about do we?

Logan
07-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I am embarassed to say that I don't know who is who, either! I'm glad you asked, Rachel! :o

carole
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for sharing and was great to see the pics, ask Tamara where she has been, i have missed her, she no longer posts on PT, i assume she is the blonde haired young lady, and great to see captain too, you all look like you are having a great time. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Julie is to your left as you look at the picture. I think Michelle must be in the middle. I don't think I have seen you before Michelle - lovely to meet you!

Carole, you are so right, it is high time that Tamara posted more. She is missed.

Ginger's Mom
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Thank you for identifying everyone, I was hoping someone would ask. :o I really love the picture! And it really is fun knowing that you can go anywhere in the world (well almost) and meet up with a fellow Pet Talker. :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Am I the only one to be amazed that you arrived...half way around the world...and off you go the same day visiting, shopping and touring???

Good to see you all!

kimlovescats
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your mini PT meeting with us! It's so nice to get to meet other PT friends!

Kim

jazzcat
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
How nice!

It's great to see you all. :)

ramanth
07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
How nice of them! I hope the rest of your trip went just as well. :D

Kater
07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
What fun!! :D *waves*
You all look lovely! :) Thanks for sharing!

shais_mom
07-24-2007, 11:41 PM
great pic!
Glad you all had a meet up!
meeting Pet Talkers is the best!:D

captain
07-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Hello all!

Yes, you are correct.
Julie is on the left (stripey top)
ME (Michelle) with the huge grin in the brown jersey/jumper
Tamara is the BLONDE in the pic :D

Gini, Julie did email Nicole, but did not get a response. I have also tried to get hold of her, but to no avail ...... would have been nice to see her too!

Julie was determined to see some of Melbourne at least - she was not sure of her training schedule (she would only find out on the Monday), and I was happy to driver her to the Market, and to see abit of Melbourne "just in case" she did not get any spare time.
I was surprised she was not "sleepy" at all - but then again, shopping can wake anyone up :D

It was lovely to meet her, as we also have South Africa in common. Tamara only moved to Melbourne from Brisbane about 3 weeks ago, so it was nice to meet her too.

NOT as big a PT meeting as the ones YOU all have, but great just the same!!!

Catty1
07-25-2007, 11:42 PM
So it was a lively get together even WITHOUT Wom there??? :D :D :D

Julie, I hope all goes well for you with the training! I am sure you feel 100% better just meeting fellow PTr's!

Waaah - wish I could come!

gini
07-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Oh, Pet Talkers are just the best. Can you just imagine - Julie from Bahrain and Tamara and Michelle - all shopping and talking and eating.

Michelle, I forgot about that wonderful market. You could spend days there.

Hmmm, makes me want to visit again. The one day that I was there I met up with Nicole and Shane which will always be one of my favorite memories.
They took me all over the place - we walked and it was so much fun.

My friends kept yapping about my missing seeing the fairie penguins.............and what a shame. I thought I would never hear the end of it. They just didn't understand why I would want to meet Pet Talkers instead of Penguins!

Turned out that two days later when I went on my own into the Blue Mountains - what did I get to see? Fairie Penguins!!!!

What a lovely trio you are - nothing like it in the world is there?