PDA

View Full Version : Can I vent??

Alysser
07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
My mom is SO annoying! Today I was supposed to go to a water park with my 3 other friends and she was supposed to drive us there. So last night, she found out I fibbed about something. My dog peed on the carpet and I cleaned it up. If my dog pees, I clean it and I always clean it right. I know how to do this because when she was a pup I used to clean it all the time. Now, she never really cares because she knows I know how to clean it. Last night, she starts screaming because my dog peed and I didn't tell her. I wasn't supposed to! she never cares anyway as long as it's clean! She told me I can't go to the water park. I had to embarrasingly tell my friends I couldn't and they managed to find a ride but I upset everyone. I felt awful. Then this morning she comes in my room and says "you can go". I told her it's too late. We're supposed to leave in an hour and my friends arranged things already. Now, I have to sit here bored all day because she over reacts about everything. I Can't wait till I MOVE OUT! I have SO many things to say to here. She totally wasted money on my season pass because I only went to the water park ONCE. I am SO mad right now! She always does this and I always wind up canceling my plans. It's NOT fair at all.

wombat2u2004
07-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Now!! now!! ML....you still could have went to the water park :D
Wom

moosmom
07-24-2007, 09:17 AM
No one said life is fair. You shouldn't be mad at your Mom, you should be mad at yourself for fibbing. Sorry.

Alysser
07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
No one said life is fair. You shouldn't be mad at your Mom, you should blame yourself for lying. Sorry.

I didn't "lie" to her. I just didn't tell her about the pee, when she even said I don't need to as long as I clean it. I don't see how that's lying at all. It's not like I told her she didn't pee. I have every right to be mad at her. She ruined my whole day and almost ruined it for my friends to.

Lori Jordan
07-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I have been going through the same thing with my daughter lately,I dont think i would get that upset over the dog making a mess,But lately my daughter seems to be lieing alot lately,and i have done the same,She is not allowed to do much either.

Maybe you can arrange another time to go with your friends?

buttercup132
07-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Why couldnt you of just met your friends later?

moosmom
07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
You'll understand when you grow up and have kids of your own, what I mean.

finn's mom
07-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't really see how it's lying if what you're saying is true that she doesn't require you to tell her as long as you clean it well. Parents are people, too, though, with issues and faults and imperfections. She seems to realize she overreacted initially, albeit a little late. That is unfortunate that you weren't able to go with your friends, but honestly, if I had wanted to go badly enough, I'd have personally managed some way.

sumbirdy
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Take this from someone whose mother is dyeing...don't be mad at her for too long. Don't make regrets that you'll never forgive yourself for (like saying something now that you think you mean now, but realizing later, when it's too late, that you didn't) Don't be too hard on her. She is but only human and she makes mistakes. Maybe she was just having a bad moment. Life is going to be a lot more unfair than this at times (believe me, I know) and you can always go to a water park next summer. There are much worse things to be than bored.

caseysmom
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Your a better person because you have a strict mom...kinda sucks for you at the moment but the other people in your life will thank her later :D

carole
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
What sunbirdy said makes a lot of sense,as a mother of a teenage daughter, all i can tell you, is it is just as hard for us too you know,and we are human and make mistakes,if you are telling the whole story, then obviously she did make an error in judgement, but hey don't we all from time to time, try to forgive and forget, remember she only ever has your best interests at heart, and maybe there were other pressing issues you don't know about that made her over-react like she did,honestly i understand your disappointment and the fustration you feel at her being unfair, but there will be plenty more times for the water park.

I am not being totally unsympathetic to you, but teenagers and parents don't think alike most of the time.,and it is a difficult time for us both.,just be forgiving and maybe if you can talk about it with her, and ask her why she did what she did, hopefully she will have an explanation that will help you understand.

Alysser
07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I do understand what you guys are saying. I forgave her a already but she is still really mad at me. I don't really see how our relationship is going to work like this..

carole
07-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Trying communicating with her if you can, there must be something going on that is making her mad.,i am glad you have forgiven your mother,she is your best friend really, you just don't realise it yet. cheers. :)

jackie
07-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I forgave her a already but she is still really mad at me. I don't really see how our relationship is going to work like this..

Its your mother, of course your relationship will work, its not like a guy that you just dump when he is acting like a jerk.

Stop watching Dr Phil! :p