PDA

View Full Version : I am Indy

anna_66
07-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Well not really...I'm more NASCAR ;) but we did go to a Indy Car race this weekend (The Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio). We were offered free tickets through Marlboro so we we thought why not go. We went to one in KY last year and it was pretty fun.

Come to find out it was general seating...meaning any where you could cop a squat & I didn't care much for sitting on the ground. We brought chairs just in case, but we were so far from the car I really didn't want to walk all the way back just to get them and I surely didn't want to carry them around for the whole 4 hours we were there!

Somehow we ended up in the pit area but at that point we were so hungry and aggravated that we couldn't find out where we were supposed to sit (duh didn't know there was no specific seating:rolleyes: ) that I didn't even get any pictures:o

So after walking around like chickens with our head cut off, we finally got some food...but not until after the 1/2 hr+ long lines went away when the race started! I couldn't believe how many people were there.

I don't think we'll be going to another road course because you really can't see much except for the cars buzzing by at 170 mph...vrrrroooommm...then they're gone again!

We decided to go before the race was over since we really weren't having much fun. On the way back there was this bleacher sitting close to our car. My leg was killing me so we stopped and sat there for a while and watched. I think it was the best time I had all day...lol. I could hear Mark, I could hear my radio, I could see the cars, there was a nice breeze, and best of all I was able to sit down! Of course after about 20 minutes Mark's like..."Are you ready to go?" Uh no, I'm finally having fun! But we did go so we could miss the traffic. No road course for us next time. You just don't get a chance to see much so it's not very fun. I do love the buzzing of the cars though...lol.

This is my new favorite Indy Car...Only because it's got my favorite Tequilla on it and I LOVE the color! I even got myself a shirt :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p28f8e8173f4dfec9f337b3ea5b7d4d9f/e87462bb.jpg

I took some pictures, admittedly not great pictures but hey I got a few for the scrapbook! There are a couple in there that I stole off the Internet...those will be the ones that are in focus! The video is silly but I thought you might like to see it any way...lol!

Enjoy!

Pictures (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2089451458)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/th_d2a1b53e.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/?action=view&current=d2a1b53e.flv)

Freedom
07-24-2007, 07:24 AM
I LOVE Indy! I've never seen one in person however, so I did appreciate your video.

Saw many NASCAR races in person. The longest was a back to back, lasted over 6 hours, in Oxford, Maine. My ears were "deaf" for 2 DAYS afterwards, he he.

My first ones were disasters too, but I enjoy the racing so much I kept going. Then each time I went to a new course for the first time I had a tough time.

Your video certainly captured the SOUND! And hey, I DID see the balloons at the start, he he.

Thanks for sharing!

anna_66
07-24-2007, 09:29 PM
So glad you enjoyed:) (didn't know if any one else here liked Indy cars...guess your the only one:D)

Lady's Human
07-24-2007, 09:36 PM
No, she's not the only one, just the only one who saw this thread. I've been to 2? IRL races at Texas, and completely forgot about the Watkins Glen race until it was too late to get the day off.

About the only racing I'm NOT a fan of is.....hmmmm.......wait a minute.............can't think of any that apply!

anna_66
07-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Well I'm glad you seen it then;)

I can't say I was ever a fan of Indy before, but now after going to two I think I could get into them (just not on a road course...well unless I had some awesome seats where I could see more than just a zoom by:D)

Lady's Human
07-25-2007, 08:10 AM
A PT meeting at Mid-Ohio or Watkins Glen? :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Ya shudda read the book FIRST!
:D

We were offered free tickets ... why not go.

Seating ... any where you could cop a squat & I didn't care much for sitting on the ground.

We brought chairs ... didn't want to walk all the way back just to get them
and I surely didn't want to carry them around for the whole 4 hours we were there!

Good GRIEF! :rolleyes:
You TAKE the chairs WITH you to **SIT ON** -
not to carry around the track all day!

You really can't see much except for the cars buzzing by at 170 mph ...
Vrrrroooommm...then they're gone again!

There was this bleacher sitting close to our car.
My leg was killing me so we stopped and sat there for a while and watched. I think it was the best time I had all day ... lol.

You just don't get a chance to see much so it's not very fun.
I do love the buzzing of the cars though ... lol.

The SECRET to watching at a Road Course is to PICK a few SPOTS where the
cars are either entering or exiting a TURN ...
and *SIT* on the opposite side of the course so the cars are moving almost
STRAIGHT AT you --- no hav-ta turn-a-da-head to watch'em!

Where you shot the video from is a good *Watchin* Spot --- but maybe
a lil bit "closer" -
so ya don't need a Zoom Lense to see more than lil specks on the track! ;)

Be HAPPIE it wasn't :eek: *raining* ... I've been there a couple times in the :( *rain* ...
NOT so much *phunn*! :p

lizbud
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Sometimes I think I was born without the racing gene.Born & raised
in the racing capitol & I have no interest in watching races. :o Now,
if I were the one racing it would be great. :)

anna_66
07-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Sometimes I think I was born without the racing gene. Born & raised
in the racing capitol & I have no interest in watching races. :o Now,
if I were the one racing it would be great. :)
Liz I tell you, I never much cared for racing before going to a race myself. But now I'm addicted:D And you know what...I'd LOVE to drive a race car!!!
Oh how I wish I could be going to Indy this weekend (have any contacts;))

Phred, I never thought about reading the book first:D
I'll have to remember to invite you on our next road course trip (a mini PT meeting would be nice Lady's Human!)

Cincy'sMom
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Name the race and the place, and I'm up for a meeting! Any type of car, any type of track, and I'm in!!!