PDA

View Full Version : Help with pictures!!!

jen218300
07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I consider myself a little computer savvy :p but I am having trouble inserting a pic into the body of a post. i.e., on cat A to Z. I cannot figure out how to get Bella's pic in there. I can only seem to do attachments. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Karen
07-23-2007, 11:28 PM
See Phred's excellent tutorial! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7406)

Freedom
07-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Store the pics on your computer in your My Pictures folder.

Open a FREE photobucket account.
Set up a subalbum using the date yu are posting onto Pet Talk. (You ill be glad you did when you hae a hundred pics on here!)
Click to get INTO that new subalbum.
Upload your photos to photobucket.

Look at the photos you uploaded. Under each picture are 3 lines of codes. You will use the bottom line, labelled IMG. You can click on it and a little yellow box pops up saying "COPIED"

You wil need to bounce back and forth between photobucket and Pet Talk. Open a new tab if using Wndows XP. Otherwise, open a new window.

Start your new thread in PT.
When you get to where you want the photo, go to photobucket, get that IMG code, go back to PT and paste it in. You will see bunch of stuff saying where the pic it located in photobucket

Add more text, insert more pics. When you save your post, the pictures will appear!

It drives most of us crazy the first time or two. After that, you can do it in your sleep. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your pictures!

jen218300
07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Thank you so much!! I already have a photobucket acct so it'll be easy. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out how to insert pics.
Thanks a lot!