PDA

View Full Version : People are always getting nagged for asking simple questions

horse_lover
07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Why do people always get nagged for asking simple questions on here. I asked how much min pin pups sell for and I got nagged. What is wrong here? :mad:

Karen
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM
No, people don't always get nagged for asking simple questions. However, there are some things it would be fatser to Google yourself than wait for someone here to search for for you. It's also smart, if you have a simple question, to use our "search" feature - as the board has over a million posts, we have answers to most basic questions already on here somewhere.

horse_lover
07-23-2007, 08:07 PM
sorry but that's what i hear from other people. I get nagged too.

Karen
07-23-2007, 08:12 PM
The thread you are referring to, initially it sounds like your cousin is an inexperienced person, and would be what is known as a "back yard breeder." Otherwise, she'd already have done plenty of research, and known things like what her dog should be certified for, and how much a pup should sell for. So it is no wonder that people responded as they did.

That's not "nagging," that is people trying to discourage uneducated breeding, because of the number of dogs put to sleep for lack of homes every year.

critter crazy
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
The thread you are referring to, initially it sounds like your cousin is an inexperienced person, and would be what is known as a "back yard breeder." Otherwise, she'd already have done plenty of research, and known things like what her dog should be certified for, and how much a pup should sell for. So it is no wonder that people responded as they did.

That's not "nagging," that is people trying to discourage uneducated breeding, because of the number of dogs put to sleep for lack of homes every year. Completely agree Karen!! Well said!

Lady's Human
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
You weren't getting nagged for asking about the price of pups, you were getting nagged because someone who is breeding a dog needs to do a LOT of research prior to breeding. By the time someone is TRULY ready to breed a dog, they should already know what the going price is for a pup.

Breeding dogs doesn't make much money if done properly, as there are a lot of medical tests to be done on both the male and female dog to be bred, researching the bloodlines of the dogs, etc. This is why properly bred purebred dogs cost so much. Not because the breeders can make money, but more so the breeders can cover their costs.

Alysser
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't get how you were being "nagged". I just skimmed over the thread, and from the looks of it your friend, cousin, whatever is breeding for NO reason at all. Some members TOLD you kindly that she should get her dog neutered and you were rude back. You said they had "problems". This forum cares about the overbreeding of dogs, because dogs are put to sleep in shelters by the hundreds everday. Do you know why? Because uneducated people breed dogs for money and nothing else. It's obvious to me you don't care about animal welfare if you get mad at people trying to educate you on the unwanted dog population.

luvofallhorses
07-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't get how you were being "nagged". I just skimmed over the thread, and from the looks of it your friend, cousin, whatever is breeding for NO reason at all. Some members TOLD you kindly that she should get her dog neutered and you were rude back. You said they had "problems". This forum cares about the overbreeding of dogs, because dogs are put to sleep in shelters by the hundreds everday. Do you know why? Because uneducated people breed dogs for money and nothing else. It's obvious to me you don't care about animal welfare if you get mad at people trying to educate you on the unwanted dog population.

ditto.

horse_lover
07-23-2007, 08:22 PM
ok but you don't know if she has done reasearch or anything!

Lady's Human
For an education in how much proper breeding costs, I would recommend getting in contact with NicoleLJ or wolfsoul.

horse_lover
I"m young and of course I care about animals! How can you even say that to me?

critter crazy
07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
ok but you don't know if she has done reasearch or anything! well if she had done her research she would know how much to charge for her puppies, and she would know all of the tests needed, as well as how much money she wont make at this!!

Alysser
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
I"m young and of course I care about animals! How can you even say that to me?

Let's see..because you told NICE people they have problems for caring about the millions of dogs killed each year in shelters because of people like your cousin, who breed for nothing but financial gain.

CathyBogart
07-24-2007, 01:06 AM
The simple answer is...that was not a simple question.

If you really just wanted to know how much min pin pups go for you could have picked up a newspaper or used google.

buttercup132
07-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Maybe you should come back in a couple years when you have grown up and realise the difference between nagging and helping. You make threads asking for help and freak out everytime someone gives you a answer you don't want to hear.

sumbirdy
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with everyone else. People are not nagging you they are just concerned about the welfare of these puppies that are bred needlessly that will probably end up in shelters,dumpster,ect...
Breeding is not something you just do for the money, you make very little off of it. Responsible breeders know that they have to do A LOT of research before they ever begin. They know their stuff. They put in a lot of time to make sure their dogs are healthy, happy, and well cared for. Honestly, these days, I think breeders should be few and far between. There are so many dogs in need of good homes out there. And millions of millions are being dieing each day (a lot rather tragically and painfully) because of irresponsible or "backyard" breeders. The ones who want the money without the work.
And I don't know what your being young has to do with anything...

JenBKR
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I looked through the other thread, and I don't think people were nagging you at all. I think they were trying to educate you about the downfalls of backyard breeding. How much research has your cousin done? Has she taken into consideration the cost of a C-Section (which small dogs usually have to have)? Exactly what health tests has she had done on her dogs?

horse_lover
09-14-2007, 07:34 PM
i just wanted to apologize for acting the way i did, i just don't like it how people just jump to conclusions... so im sorry!

moosmom
09-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Well said, Karen.

joycenalex
09-15-2007, 05:27 AM
i agree with val. nicley done karen

dukedogsmom
09-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Hey, is there another Val? :p

mike001
09-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I am not disagreeing with the answers on here but I have to look at the other side of the coin also.

I asked a very simple question last week..."would you mind having to show proof for your SD". All I wanted was simple answers for someone who had talked to me about this......My question got twisted and turned into something else. Luckily everything got settled in pm's and we ended up on the same team when all was said and done.