PDA

View Full Version : Moving in my first townhouse off campus at Ohio State! :)

CountryWolf07
07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I am very, very excited about this new "change" of college life.. I will be living 5 minutes right off campus.. it is perfect walking distance to campus classes! :) Thought I'd share the house I will be living in. I will be living with 4 other people; so it will be interesting; kind of better than living alone this time around; and I will be able to be keep busy.. we will be living in the RIGHT side of the townhouse. It is a nice place; actually. Not very "crappy" like the other houses/streets that I've seen them on.. Mike's old street; VERY crappy and shady.. a lot of weird stuff have happened while I stayed there with him on weekends. (such as seeing 10 police cars parked on the street, sirens going off, and a helicopter flying all over the place; and there was a drug bust two houses down... and next door one time, a kid was beat up with a skateboard and there was blood all over on the front porch over some drunk fight.. * OF COURSE I was indoors, safe, the entire time..*) ANYWAYS here is the picture:

http://offcampus.osu.edu/posts/0061EWOODRUFF01.JPG

I am currently trying to come up with a list of what I need, and I know it is early but the move in date is September 15th, but it will be here before I know it!

Here is my checklist of so far what I have:

- Futon
- Pillows
- Computer desk
- Computer chair
- Box fan
- 5-Light Floor Lamp
- Cork board & pins
- T.V & remote controller
- O.S.U blanket
- 4.3 cubic ft. Compact Refrigerator
- Coffee table
- Plates/coffee cups
- Coffeemaker (French Press)

It's actually hard to figure out what I want and need - this is my first time moving into a place.. so it's just exciting, but sad at the same time, that I am moving on with most of my friends being gone & the boyfriend staying here in Cleveland. I know I will be having good times in that house, good memories will be made; and of course, it's Ohio State! Full of surprises!! :)

Sirrahsim
07-23-2007, 03:52 PM
That place looks really nice :) I went to OSU for a few quarters before I decided to get married and loved nearly every moment of it. :D

Getting tear-gassed by the police who set off the canisters in a field outside of my dorm room on the night of the big OSU-Michigan game was probably the only low point :eek: :p

Karen
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Looks nice!

Add a plug bar with surge suppressor to your list ...
And good cheap silverware and utensils - probably cheapest to find at yard sales between now and then!

Marigold2
07-23-2007, 07:41 PM
My son and niece both went to OS. Huge campus but a lot of crime just outside of the campus area. Have fun, be careful. Party and study hard.:cool:

joycenalex
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
does it have a microwave and pans? a dry erase board is good for keeping track of assignments/movies at the wex/home games/dates of the finals. are there chairs/couch/table/dining chairs/bookshelves/nightstand? tea pot/popcorn maker/donatos phone #

petslover
07-24-2007, 08:06 AM
That is really neat. However, can you PM me about the cd swap that I never received from you.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have tried calling you, texting, e-mailing and everything. Please respond.

Thank you.

king2005
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Congrats!!!!!

I'm moving into my own place Aug first & this is the most common thing I'm told.. "Don't forget about the TP" ;)